Word Bearers

kikkala

I still don't know how you manage to splash on paint so easily and make it look easy!!

However, the termie looks great, but i will have to stand with Raz in regards to the candles. I think once you put a flame to each, that will really help them stand out (and positively identify them). I do like how you've gone with the candles versus the trophy racks, or are you still intending to use them? Granted they are nice, but i'd imagine the WB would try to modify them slightly so it would fall in-line with their own background (eg candles and parchments).

Nonetheless, looking great :rolleyes:

@RazakelXIII

*scratches a match* :D

@TAS

In my opinion, candles are rare case. You'll see many terminators with their trophy racks, some without, but rarely you see them sporting candles :). And it fits the word bearers perfectly :P.

Splashing with paints. I also sculpted the flames to candles, which turned out to be difficult, and I even had time to press them flat while painting the base :P. Oh well... enjoy.

gallery_25055_1634_264709.jpg

Wow just wow. Those light candles really add something to the model. I have no idea how you sculpted those flames but of course you know how to do it!! I don't know how you paint such high quality models in such little time!! Anyways AMAZING work as always. Keep it up! :cuss

They look much better with the fire, Kik. :tu: Whenever I do get around to my Terminators, do you mind if I steal the candle idea? ;)

Ha I would steal that Idea only if I tried to make candles like those people would be asking why is there a chimney on your termie??

Granted the candles have only just been done in GS, but i think for some reason they look really nice in a green color. Might be something to consider when you come to painting time.

I think they do look pretty nice being green but it would be nice to see what they look like painted a really nice orange. Knowing Kik he will probably put about 5 layers of different shades of orange. He could also do that with green but I think it may look nice in orange. If you wanted to try it would look nice if you painted orange around where the candles are on his bdy to make them look like tey are glowing and giving off light. Thats just me but for some reason it looks nice in that green. I think its because its not super mixed so there is still some yellow in it.

@lilgrim13

Actually, I don't have that much of experience with GS flames, and I didn't have idea how to do it. So I just went with the flow :P. Tear drop blob of GS and some poking with scuplting tool was needed.

@RazakelXIII

Sure, go ahead :).

@TAS

It would have given nice touch, but I decided to go with normal look. I used to have green on my WB scheme, but I eviscerated it, I prefer red-orange-yellows ;).

Hmmm, not exactly 5 shades of orange. But instead 5 shades total, plus wash :P. Hope, none got disappointed :) .

gallery_25055_1634_356243.jpg

Those flames look really well done. Look at that photo, those candles really make that termie look mean. You did a terrific job. Just out of curiosity not being skilled in GS-fu when you made the candles did you put GS around some wire. Thats what it looks like in the picture but that might just be me. Anyways it looks amazing cant wait for the finished product. Something that just poped into my head. It might be cool to put some "wax" either on the base or on his armor to give the candle a dripping effect. But I wouldn't really know because your the god when it comes to stuff like that. Keep it up!!

@Ferrus Manus

Thank you ;).

@lilgrim13

Thanks mate. The candles are actually a piece of cord, wire on the center and some gs to make it more 'candle'. There's little bit of the melted wax on top of the armour, maybe the pics will show it :P. Maybe I should do a candle-making tutorial.

@RazakelXIII & TAS

And one terminator done.

gallery_25055_1634_19276.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_114372.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_393429.jpg

@lilgrim13

Glad that you like it :), thank you.

@TAS

Thanks bud. Pic coming up. :)

@RazakelXIII

Thanks mate :).

@AllHallows

I'll do the tutorial after x-mas.

Termie group pic. Looks like friggin' kindergarten, for Lorgars sake :P.

gallery_25055_1634_53182.jpg

Didn't start with 2nd termie yet. Happy holidays for everyone! :)

If those are your 'Annointed' then they look great ;)

A shame that there is some slight variation between older and newer models. Any thoughts of unifying the squad and adding a few extra details on the older models? Or just planning to leave them as they are?

Archived