Word Bearers

kikkala

Loving the dread. That metal chaos dread is a crappy model, but you've got it looking great, did you use plastic parts for the legs/arms?

EDIT - I scrolled back a few pages and found the answer to my question. Like the look of the shield as a tabbard/groin armour thingy. Not that a dread has a groin to protect, unless its a slannesh dread maybe.

Thanks for the comments guys ;) .

@Lord Donute

Hehe, yeah, that's called 'uge progress. :P I have reached my peak, so expect degeneration soon :D .

@BrianBlessed

Slaaneshi or not, I added shield to add bulkiness to legs, kinda like those loyalist dreads with banner-tabards I've seen here on B&C.

@TAS

You should know already that I have very little patience towards painting stuff :) .

IH tutorial ready, so I got some spare time for obliterator :P .

gallery_25055_1634_145163.jpg

Where does he go to get his nails done like that? :P

gallery_25055_1634_280491.jpg

Expect another update tonight ;) .

Thanks TAS, you may think that's odd, but I say it's self-evident :woot: .

Aaaaand done!

gallery_25055_1634_425196.jpg

Tomorrowish I'll post full army photo, and note that I won't be starting new WB project anytime soon.

That's what i was thinking as well Megalodon. Actually if Kik's intention was to model the Oblit in a non-morphed situation, i think he's stumbled upon a great idea. One of the things that bugged me slightly with the Oblit models was the fact they look rather cluttered when they have all their weapons 'morphed out', which in a way i see is impractical as they (in theory) would morph for whatever weapon suited the situation at the time.

...Megalodon and TAS are going to hit me after this..

You may think that it was my intetion all along to do oblit in his weaponless state, while my real intetion was that I had so much trouble with 1st oblit attaching the guns and blades to its arms, so I just decided not to attach them to this oblit...

But hey, Laziness is mother of all invetions :) .

The current host of Daemon Apostle <insert name>

gallery_25055_1634_261942.jpg

Here ends current chapter in Kikkala's Word Bearers. More will come.... next year or before! :)

Thanks Megalodon and TAS :blink:.

Instead revealing my trueself during discussion, I used my tiny braincapacity to make these:

Practical alternative.

while my real intetion was that I had so much trouble with 1st oblit attaching the guns and blades to its arms, so I just decided not to attach them to this oblit I hate glueing them back on before matches, when they break off while transporting....

Modelling PoV alternative.

while my real intetion was that I had so much trouble with 1st oblit attaching the guns and blades to its arms, so I just decided not to attach them to this oblit It gave me opportunity to try sculpting twisted flesh, so giving more skills with GS...

Fluffy.

while my real intetion was that I had so much trouble with 1st oblit attaching the guns and blades to its arms, so I just decided not to attach them to this oblit 'cus Lorgar said so...
:wacko:

Nice army. Post some better pictures before you take a break from your Word Bearers. :cuss I took a break from my All Hallows Guard and never went back to them... yet. *Twilight Zone music.*

It is an army to be proud of, kikkala!

Glad you like them TAS :).

Taking a good army pic is pretty much impossible for me. I needed to build a tower from spray cans and stuff to have a good angle and stable base for camera :lol: . I could take "individual pics" from each one, for example, Dreadnought paired with Daemon Prince, Sorcerors, termies, etc, if you want.

• 1 month later...

Enough with the Iron Hands! Time for some Word Bearers! B)

gallery_25055_1634_49698.jpg

*Krhm*

So again with the Word Bearers :D. While I was shopping for some scouts, I bought terminator box also, to keep me busy during x-mas vacation. I decided to give them more strature with plasticard. And I thought adding bunch of candles to top of the armor, making them walking altars of war, or something along the line :D.

The pic doesn't really show how tall termie is so, here's comparison pic with unconverted marine.

gallery_25055_1634_22026.jpg

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

You got that right :). Never seen that before, it looks good, but the end results look little weird for me, especially the arm positions :P.

@RazakelXIII

It's good to be back. The other marine ain't Imperial Fist, he's a Lamenter :P.

@TAS

Mmmm, yeees :P.

Today was GSing day. I filled and did some impurity seals :P.

gallery_25055_1634_210253.jpg

Really short update, really :lol:.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Hehe, yeah ;).

@TAS

Nah, the terminator legs are pretty hard to repose, like the current legs I'm working with, sculpted tabard and other junk. Too much destroyable details :cuss.

And todays update, nothing. I'm off to partying. Oh, my vacation started too ;).

I came across this today and read from page one to fourteen straight. All I can say is Ohhh My God!! (I dont want to offend any religious people with that this is Christmas!!) I was looking to see what army to tackle next. I just finished a bunch of Tau and yea know the greater good is all hunkey dorey but when you feel like tearin sh*t up (again sorry :D ). I am definatly going to try some Word Bearers although I doubt I will come NEARLY as close to the kick @$$ (I relly gotta stop this crudness) painting skill you have! Anyways keep up the great work!! :)

Archived