Word Bearers

kikkala

dude..

have been scrolling through your thread.. ( for about 15 min )

but wow..

looking good..

is the dread going to have the yellow thing like thingies, like all the other assault units?

because it looks awesome :devil:

cheers atin

The only thing i can really say right now is how AWESOME the dread is currently looks. I can imagine already that doing the work on the arms has not been an easy task, but nonetheless, you have done a fantastic job :HQ:

Looking forward to when the dread has two arms ;)

@atin

Thanks mate. What assault troops you mean? The possessed, Heretic Custodes or Raptors? Yellow thing like thingies, whaat ;).

@TAS

Thanks man ^_^ .

Second arm done!

gallery_25055_1634_265943.jpg

I'll paint him during the weekend. After that, maybe obliterator ;) .

That is officially the MOST dynamic dreadnought i have ever seen! Fantastic work :tu:

Although i do have to say, you are CRAZY! :tu: (Meant in a very friendly and happy way of course :tu:)

Keep up the great work and can't wait to see the dread painted in your jaw-dropping WB paint style.

definately the best use of the standard chaos dread ,taller looking more imposing and powerfull instead of the squat box we have.if i saw this one on the battlefield i would run instead of poking fun at the squat fatboy chaos dread :huh:

@Hubernator

Thanks :P . I can't wait to wield him in battle (damn those flimsy harlequins with their flimsy moves, killed half of my termies last time <grumble>, but who's gonna die this time... heheheee :P )

@TAS

Thanks man :P .

@daemonclaw

Glad ya like it :D .

Updates! He's about 97% finished:

gallery_25055_1634_220417.jpg

I have painted some freehands already, and I'm thinking to add more to the fists, but don't know what...

I wanted to give him more personal symbol of the legion that other bearers.

gallery_25055_1634_25237.jpg

Idea behind the symbol was that dreaddie still after entombing he still bears the word, marching to the enemy, howling the holy litanies of Lorgar --> decided to name him "The One who howls the Word" (or something along the line).

Idea behind the symbol was that dreaddie still after entombing he still bears the word, marching to the enemy, howling the holy litanies of Lorgar --> decided to name him "The One who howls the Word" (or something along the line).

How about simply "The Howler"? ^_^

TDA

@Megalodon

Thanks mate, no that's just a Furioso dreadnoughts arm with little bit of repositioning :P .

@TAS

@TDA

Could work, but ain't as cool as "The One who howls the Word even after deathramaramadingdong" ;) . (my jokes suck :))

@Hell-G

Thanks mate ^_^ .

@atin

Thanks mate. What assault troops you mean? The possessed, Heretic Custodes or Raptors? Yellow thing like thingies, whaat :P.

i mean the yellow thingies. ;) . the claws/eyes/etc...

your dread is cool..

whats next?? more to come right?? ;)

cheers atin

Been following this post for a while, figured I'd chime in finally.

Great work, my favorite so far is your rhino, really impressive. Your dread is coming along nicely as well.

Wish Word Bearers were like the used to. ;) This army just isn't done justice by the current rules. :P

Nice models all around,and a dark colour scheme that suits the only real followers of chaos :Troops: The dreadnought looks great, but i think the rhino and the freehand youve made there beats it somehow.

I got a WB host painted but have always thought the coluors wasnt dark enough,(scorched brown, red gore and blood red,and washed with black/water i mixed up, and besides that 4-5 years old now) seeing the painting tutorial is what ive been looking for, and badab black is a great invention.

So im gonna strip my models off paint, or try and undercoat first to see whether it will work without the need to use time on removing paint from 60+ models(probably remove the paint) :) .

Thanks for the comments guys -_-.

@atin

Well, I still paint eyes as yellow, but claws, tubes, and stuff are painted metallic nowadays. More serious look that way :(. My next project is 2nd obliterator.

@Wolf89

Yeah, I do miss Legion specific rules, but I can still find many great things from new codex though :P .

@MrToombs

Glad you like the tutorial. I think that the difference between rhino and dreaddie could be that rhino has so many vast and empty areas where you can paint freehands, and idreaddie in otherhand is more detailed, and has very limited areas where freehands can be painted.

@Terminatorinhell

Firstly I took dreaddies legs ( :o ), chopped them apart where leg and hydraulics part meets, in this part you need to be very careful as you don't want to ruin the hydraulics too badly. Then decided in what position I wanted them, pinned them together. Finally used GS to do joints.

If you were to ever make another dread (nudge nudge for your IH) and intend to do a similar style like you did for your WB dread, i strongly suggest a tutorial is in order! Although doing the manipulations on a plastic dread would be easier than the metal one, if people had a good idea of where and where not to hack and how to put it all back together, i think there would be a greater number of characterful dreads out there.

Whats the next WB project?

• 4 weeks later...

The times of the end of Word Bearers nigh, as I start doing my last WB project! (for now atleast)

The second obliterators chest is still missing, it pisses me off still! In my rage I cut plastic termie in two pieces and the glue started to smell.

gallery_25055_1634_421679.jpg

It ain't gonna end well, some may say...

... I disagree

gallery_25055_1634_157732.jpg

Blue tac'd arms.

gallery_25055_1634_442346.jpg

Maybe I'll add fingers to right arm.

(The Iron Hands tutorial is still in progress, don't worry :D )

Hey man.

I ALSO just spent a whole long time looking through your WIP thread. I really like some of the stuff you've done. I think it's going pretty well. Really like some of your conversions. That sort of thing is new to me, so I am trying to build up my sculpting. So I envy you there. Really like the colours too, they look very Word Bearer Proud. And I REALLY like how you do those Chaos symbols on them, like the ones on the Tank VERY nice (And I totally understand about tank painting thing. They seem like they should be easy but they're SO not!)

-Shadow

I've been following this since you started. Inspired me to start my own WBs. I LOVE the deep, vibrant red you've got, especially on the Rhino (I hate painting those things too. =P BUT YOU'RE SO FREAKING GOOD AT IT *bashes face into keyboard*), and your Chosen anti-custodes especially are just jaw-droppingly awesome conversions. Sad to see it coming to a close, but I can't wait for the full army shot. :)

@EnigmaShadow

Thanks mate :P . I thought so too when I started to paint the rhino, "easy job, takes a day max."... it took me maybe a month to do it, as I lost motivation dozens of times during painting :o

@RazakelXIII

Ah, a new follower of Lorgar, most excellent :P . The funny thing about the rhino is that everyone seem to like it, when I don't like it, as I can see so many thing that I could to better :P .

@TAS

Thanks man :). He's just a regular obliterator :P.

@Tratos the Torn

Thanks, you can see my bone recipe here: LINK

just scroll down and there it is.

Quick update.

gallery_25055_1634_148950.jpg

Archived