Word Bearers

kikkala

@RazakelXIII

Thanks mate ^_^, crozius is still on the drawing board, and I'm getting some solid progress on it.

@lilgrim13

Oh please, you're exaggerate a little bit :D.

@Dark Disciple

Thanks man, I didn't use old ed. backpack though ;). You'll see.

@TAS

You've started painting your Apostle already, I'd want to leap to painting part already... too much to do still before that part :(.

Another little update this time, I solved the how to include Mark of Khorne on the Apostle, and I think it's acceptable solution.

gallery_25055_1634_35049.jpg

Speaking of backpacks, I use the special backpack (from chaos marine sprue) that has the leering daemon head, little converting, which included cutting of the tongue from the daemon :tu:.

gallery_25055_1634_138280.jpg

You know I just finished looking through all 17 pages of this thread and the increase in quality is amazing. So excellent work there, it will be great to see what they look like in another 17 pages time :D As for your Apostle, he looks great, and that Mark of Khorne is extremely sneaky.

Also, you don't mind if I steal the idea of the Anti-Custodes? I have an idea for my upcoming Slaanesh/Tzeench army...

A very clever way to get the MoK on the mini, and the good thing is that unless you take a good look, you won't really notice it, so the mini could still be easily used for other armies.

Great work :tu:

Heh, the painting stage is over rated, i like your modelling stage :D

I have to agree thats very clever.

I was thinking of using books for mine but I may have to steal that idea!

You got me on the backpack, nice work on that one!

You'll make the Prophet proud Kikkala

blackblade68: Fooosaabaaa man, say it with me Fooosaabaaa. Evil takes time my friend ;)

Disciple

@Ferrus Manus

Then you've seen how my Word Bearer used to look like :). There's the comparison pic with chaos lord, ugly sight :P. I feel like I've accomplished actually something. You can use the anti-custodes idea of course :).

@blackblade68

The current dosage is little small, due the work, but hey, my vacation just started... :)

@TAS

MoK was success then :). We'll see about the painting in this update ;).

@Dark Disciple

Books are really good idea, maybe they'd me more appropriate on more less-slaugher-'em-all characters, they'd be torn off on the onslaught :D.

Like I earlier told that my week long vacation from work started today, I've spent the evening celebrating with little refreshments. I wanted to paint something, even little bit. So little paint splashed on the apostle. It was an accident, I swear :lol:.

gallery_25055_1634_326880.jpg

Like I earlier told that my week long vacation from work started today, I've spent the evening celebrating with little refreshments. I wanted to paint something, even little bit. So little paint splashed on the apostle. It was an accident, I swear :).

Splashes you say? Wow that splashed very tidily on that model :lol: You must have some anti-splash stuff somewhere or something :D

Technically I've had some 4 models or so I've declared to be my "Dark Apostle". :lol:

They have all however been scrapped for bigger, stronger and more awesome models in the past.

I do however feel that it is time once more to create a monster of a Dark Apostle to shock the world with. ;)

Sorry for the slight hijack kikkala! :ph34r:

TDA

That is one awfully clean and tidy "splash of paint Kik ;)

After seeing your stuff and trying to paint my own WB stuff, i definitely need to go back to the basics again and practice, practice, practice!

Should i have made my LPC entry just a basic marine vs the Dark Apostle, since i'm still iffy on technique in some areas.

Anyway! Looking forward to seeing more of your awesome work :D

@Hubernator

Well, head wasn't glued on that point so... ;)

@lilgrim13

Hehe, thanks mate :D.

@TDA

What? You haven't got an Apostle, the blasphemy! :rolleyes:

I don't mind the hijcack, no prob ;).

@Ferrus Manus

Even I was shocked about this.

@TAS

Well, you know me :). Practice is the key to every technique!

@Captain Pugno

August? I recommend that you start on March :P.

Well the vacation is rolling pretty good, but Granpa Nurgle blesses me with cold. There is no better time to get sick that on vacation. Great.

Little painting progress today while being sick. There could be more updates later this afternoon, if my condition gets better.

gallery_25055_1634_189522.jpg

Oh yea, there was talk about me doing the crozius from plasticard. The thing is, I couldn't. After 5 failures making the crozius from scratch, I decided to use chaos warrior chaos star, and scult flames on it :D. Good alternative, atleast I think that ^_^ .

can't see how you can call that "little painting progress" :lol:

Your Apostle is looking very sweet and very dynamic :tu:

Can't wait to see him finished :)

Well seeing that he can paint his models on accident buy spilling paint on them I can see how would be little progress but to the average un-gifted painter this is great progress. I am loving his soo much just can't wait till I finish off the Tau I have going and finally start some of my own!! But seeing the growing piles of black (primed) models compared to painted ones I don't think it will be here for a while!!

Great work and I'm sorry to hear your sick. Hope your feeling better soon ;)

@TAS

Thanks mate :).

@lilgrim13

Well I wouldn't say that I'm gifted or anything, I'm just average painter who through experimentation and practice learned something :D.

Finally Dark Apostle is completed, though I'm still lil' sick.

gallery_25055_1634_313187.jpg

I'll take better pic, when I'm able that is :P.

You completed your DA in what, 6 days, and i took 6 weeks? :angry:

Great work Kik :tu:

I have to admit, you've done some fantastic personal interpretations of CSM/SM characters! Looking forward to seeing what else you crank out :)

Question for you though! How are you doing your bone/cloth technique? I'm assuming you are starting with a dark brown, moderately highlighting it and then capping at bleached bone. Looks really good, something i wouldn't mind trying out since i wouldn't mind something dark than the color i used when i did my own DA.

@ItSeWiNg

Thanks mate :).

@TAS

8-9 days to be truthful ;). Doing counts-as models is pretty fun... perhaps sometime there will be WB counterpart for every character in the codex :sweat:. (Oh, I answered about the recipe in your thread.)

Okay, now that my condition is getting lil' better, I could clear my mind and take a decent pic :D.

gallery_25055_1634_284724.jpg

It's funny, usually when I do non-god specific models to WB, no prob. When I do god specifid model, other gods get all cranky, like Nurgle for example, gives me one his lil' blessings :D.

I haven't started/continued other projects yet, but near future... more updates ^_^ .

Archived