Word Bearers

kikkala

@metcalfedan, Terminatorinhell & Megalodon

Thanks dudes :mellow:.

@RazakelXIII

Thanks, the near-future came earlier than I expected ;).

@TAS

Hmmm, Typhus sounds really good ;).

Next one is.... Word Bearers equivalent for Typhus :wallbash:. Time to get GS-crazy!

gallery_25055_1634_59443.jpg

He's going to be at least 80% covered with GS, what a great way to get used with GS :). Like for example, the head is made from GS only.

But what if I say that your suggestion started the whole project and the GSing took around 30min? :mellow:

The current head looks like crap, to be honest. So I GSd typhus' head look-a-like. :wallbash:

gallery_25055_1634_371863.jpg

Looks better already.

But what if I say that your suggestion started the whole project and the GSing took around 30min? ;)

Then i would have to say you are a god amongst mortal men!!

The head looks great :D Although i was wondering (since you are going the WB look-ish) instead of the single horn maybe two? Similar to your Apostle.

Other than that, he's looking great!

@blackblade68

Thanks mate, nurgle isn't one of my favourites either, but the sculpting possibilities :).

@TAS

Oh please, a god :P. And another great suggestion, two horns will happen :(.

@S.O.N.

Thanks mate. Luckily I resculpted the head before it dried up :).

It seems that I'm not able to take my hands from GS today :lol:. Soon you can't recognize the Abaddon under all that GS. Poor Ezekyle...

gallery_25055_1634_390164.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_8954.jpg

Abaddon is over rated anyway :huh:

I think the two horns really helped. I'm thinking since you aren't go for a pure Typhus re-creation, you'd still need something to 'anchor' it into the WB theme and you've done that very well. In fact i can already see him in some very nice WB colors in my head and that makes me all the more confident you'll produce yet another fantastic piece.

I also like how you haven't gone "madly overboard" with the Nurglising.

I ASSUME he'll have a nice ornate and deathly looking mace-like weapon instead of a scythe right? :Troops:

Wow that looks amazing!! Give it a little time and you will be making your own pure green stuff models. Those two horns look great!!

At the moment everything is looking great I have nothing to point out other than pure uber awesomeness!! :D (yes you heard me right)

Keep it up! (as always :) )

Swiftly scrolled all over these pages, and I must say that there can be seen some real progress in painting and sculpting. Cool conversions all over the blog, like dread, custodes and The Apostle to name but a few. Also, I liked the way you did those termies, a couple of them look like some truly threatening bad-asses. And I think I'm going to incorporate those 'Chaos Custodes' into my Black Legion, if you allow ;)

Jatka samaa rataa ! Olis kyl mielenkiintosta päästä ottaan matsia joskus jossain turnees :P

@TAS

Well, I was thinking to add some impurity seals to the mix, that and the paint scheme should be enough :P. The weapon could be some sort mace weapon, mace with 4 blades would look cool. :P

@lilgrim13

Thanks mate :). Don't wait for the pure GS models :(.

@Paladin7221

He was very nice guy in first HH-novel though :). The helmet is pure GS.

@Dràyhèn

Yes, if I ever finish that squad that is :). En lähtisi tällä armeijalla vielä kentille, toinen armeija sentään alkaa olla kenttä valmis :D.

Lil' update today people. I'm experimenting different washes this time, purple and green, for both armor and flesh.

gallery_25055_1634_257373.jpg

Looking great :)

The flesh bit looks really good. Is it just a combination of the purple + green washes over your standard bone recipe? Or did you make it more of a light bone color and wash?

Heh, impurity seals always help! So do the spikes out of the legs as well. Maybe it's me, but i think WB seem to be the best Legion that represent alot of the horns/spikes on armor for some weird reason.

I would also like to see this 4 bladed mace :P

Keep up the great work!

Thanks mate :). The fleshy bits are a little variation to my bone/cloth/flesh recipe. I covered things more with rotting flesh than I usually do, and instead of devlan mud wash, I used Leviathan Purple and Thraka Green washes for more unhealthy looks :blink:. I don't know if you've noticed that I also washed the armor with purple and green, instead of black this time. I don't know did it tie it up with differently washed flesh, 'cus I can't see the difference :mellow:.

I think the Leviathan Purple wash has come through more on the armor, but even then, it's still hard to notice (still looks like your normal red to me! :P)

But keep up the work with the flesh, looks great :tu:

Be interesting to see how the mini looks once you've done more of the mini like that.

That Heretic looks very nice Kikkala :P

I think the red looks quire dark, if you use some corroded metallics I think it will look very nurgly without loosing the Word Bearers look.

Have to say though your sculpting skills are definatly improving.

I love how your Apostle came out though I'll have to think of something else for my crozius now, haha

Disicple

wow. this is one of the best threads on this or any other forum!

i have one complaint and it is a big one....

RED NURGLE....ARE YOU MAD?

anyway, that being said its your army :HQ:

thanks for sharing and inspiring

phill

@TAS

Thanks mate, the flesh really hit the spot :).

@Dark Disciple

Thanks, I've never painted corroded metal, so let's see how it turned out ;).

@Ferrus Manus

There have been cases when I've actually waited for the gs to dry :huh:.

@nurglephill

Thanks mate :). Well the WB have started few heresies, so... :P

One week of idling behind, and finally I continued with Typhus today.

gallery_25055_1634_356355.jpg

I had some leftover gs, so I made this lil' guy, which I'll put on typhus' base when he's dried up.

gallery_25055_1634_185847.jpg

(Details are hard to see, but when I get my hands on that paintbrush...)

@TAS

Hehe, thanks mate :). I wouldn't say it's as good as the typhus model.

@RazakelXIII

Thanks mate :). Oh, thanks for the blood recipe too ;).

Instead of painting 'typhus', I continued with the other termies I had lying around.

gallery_25055_1634_127297.jpg

Well, I painted something :huh:. The cuddly lil' nurgling is so healthy looking.

gallery_25055_1634_137623.jpg

Archived