Word Bearers

kikkala

Wow! Great work so far. I suppose I'll steal the Anti-Ad.Cust. idea if you don't mind.

I agree with Tinweasel on the bolter's line of fire. The other thought I have for the 'nemesis' is that you could add some kind of counterweight on the other end of the shaft.

The possessed look fantastic (i dare not even paint mine now :drool:).

I'm really liking the idea of the Anti Custodes, although the only thing about the 'nemesis' weapon that isn't really sitting well IMHO is the bolter section; mainly in regards to the ammo feed. Other than that it's a great idea :tu:

Thanks for the comments!

@Lion El'Jonson

Sorry no pics from the snot :tu: . I'll work some work with the weapon.

@Tinweasel

The bolter have been "lifted up" so the bolter won't shoot the chainblades.

@HuronBH & Sati

Thank you. I don't mind, so go ahead :P . He'll get a another blade to end of the nemesis weapon.

@The Angelus Sanctus

Thanks to you too. Well, about the ammo feed, I needs some more work, opinions are helpful :teehee: .

Ok, what I have been doin'

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff39/kikkala00/wbcm3.jpg

Started the paintjob with legs, even I haven't done the weapon to the end. :P

I'll need to fill the gap, the bolter should be on its right place now.

What do you think.

IMHO now the bolter is lifted way too mutch, with a bolter arranged in this fashion a syrene strip 1mm thick at most would do. It is quite enough that the hole in the muzzle (I presume you drill bolters:) ) is over the teeth, the lift you made is almost twice as high. I wonder if you've seen Scibor's Custodes stuff, that's an other approach.

With the space between the bolter and blade section, if you GS a small motor-housing section (much like what a chainsword would have before) i think it should look great.

Still trying to think about the ammo clip, perhaps something on the side of the bolter? Might still have a similar issue with a clip just 'hanging' out, but i think it might looked somewhat more stream-lined. Although given that you still need to fill in the gap, maybe make it into an ammo housing piece-of-sorts ?

Evenings.

@Sati

Well, instead of syrene strip, I used a metal stick to attach the bolter. Scibor's nemesis weapons are good, but I use chainswords as blades, and he uses regural blades. So the attaching couldn't work imo.

@The Angelus Sanctus

You suggested to use motor-housing section and ammo-section. Since my GS-skillz are the worst, I chose the motor.

Ok, the bolter was little off again, fixed that. I added a cloth to right shoulder pad. I was thinking that it would be a squad motif, in addition to tabard and nemesis weapon. :P

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff39/kikkala00/wbcm4.jpg

Other Angle pic

Other Angle pic 2

Other Angle pic 3

While I was waiting for GS to dry, I worked with this:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff39/kikkala00/wbts3.jpg

What do you think?

I like the progress thus far (on both the Anti Custodes and the Word Bearing Thousand Son(?)).

With the Halberd, i still can't shake the thought of 'where do those top saws come out from?'. The sickle mag on the bolter still seems weird to me from a front angle (didnt seem too bad in the other angles though). Of course in the end, these are your models, so you are more than free to ignore some of my comments about the weapon :lol:

Update time!

@The Angelus Sanctus

You got a point there. I think that using a tiny plastic triangle placed next to the point where the chainblades end, it would look like that it goes inside the chainswords frame. Your comments have been helping me a LOT thus far, they give the model the finishing touches that I would simply overlook, or forget :lol: . So keep the suggestions coming! The only thing, that doensn't make some ideas work is simply that I skills are not good enough :cuss .

@Clearn

Your suggestion of using winged backbacks is cool, but (I don't want to be too rude...)

a.) I'm planning to do 10-man squad, I have only one pair of wings left

-why couldn't I do them myself? My GS skillz are crap :sweat:

b.) I'm using anti-custodes as RAF Chaos marines so rules wise, no

c.) it would go a little overboard, making the models too busy imo.

Ok, painting has started, but nemesis weapon needs some "fixing". I apologize for bad picture already.

gallery_25055_1634_565289.jpg

What do you think?

I'm glad my comments are being useful!

Nice idea about making the triangular cut-outs to just make the saws match up to the 'housing' section. A more simplier idea may be to extend the current housing to the saw blades, and with the space at the back, have a more 'block' based ammo feed (much like how a heavy bolter has its ammo feed) but obviously within appropriate scaling of the weapon itself.

As for the painting, well done! You have some great Word Bearers coming out, and this anti-custode is no exception :tu:

My updates cannot be stopped!

Boxfeed? Something like this, The Angelus Sanctus? ;)

gallery_25055_1634_377984.jpg

Sicklemag was only there to fill the space in the bolters stock. Here's replacement for it...

gallery_25055_1634_485399.jpg

(more GS work is still in progress.....)

Well the triangle-idea is in trash now, since they're too small for me to do, I have three cuts in my fingers now, so did extended housing for chainsword instead.

Man, my fingers hurt from converting :) .

"Man, my fingers hurt from converting"

awwh! *pats kikkala on back*

sorry i have been away a while - hospital stuff =P

wow you done a bit since i've gone! i love the work you've done! moreso since i just attempted some chaos myself - i really understand how hard it is to get a decent level of awesomeness - but you break those laws of awesomeness and take it a step further...!

Cheers,

<<BrotherDamascus>>

Nice work on the boxfeed! The only thing that isnt sitting well with me right now is that it looks a bit big, but other than that, i'm liking how the ammo issue is being corrected (as well as the weapons general appearance).

As for the saw blades, i probably should have said "i STRONLY urge you to....." to fix the problem with the housing extension vs making actual saw blades :). Hope the cuts werent too bad though.

@BrotherDamascus

It's good to hear from you again ^_^ . Thank you for your comments, they just encourage me to keep goin' :P .

@The Angelus Sanctus

Yes, the boxfeed came kinda big, but next version (on next marines...) will be more smaller. And about the cuts... such things won't stop me :devil: .

@Lion El'Jonson

Well, the bolter incorporated to a close combat weapon is motif for nemesis weapon imo. But wait for the next version of weapon.... mk. 2.0 nemesis chainweapon. :)

Such a late update from me again.

gallery_25055_1634_15491.jpg

The fleshy parts of the weapon gives idea of semi-organic, -mechanical daemon-infested close combat weapon. Backback and scripts from impurity seals are unfinished...

What do you think?

@The Angelus Sanctus

Thank you. Yes, this one was prototype, learned the way how I should do the other members of the squad ;) . As for starters I can say that Nemesis chainweapon shall get new desing! ;)

@Clearn

Thanks to you too!

Ok, ladies and gentlemen! He's complete!

gallery_25055_1634_139208.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_403600.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_368938.jpg

One ready, nine to go.

What do you think?

Arrg, looks good as Khorne!

Good paintjob, good converting (and as said: insight) and you will probably (that means that I will force you with the Ruinous Powers) to continue making these... I need them for my 14:th Black Cru... er *cough* I mean... for my Christmas party... yeah that's right.

Looking very nice to me, well done :)

I think the only aspect of the model that isn't currently working in its favor would be the ammo feed, however i'm quite sure you are fully aware of this, so i do look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with to combat this issue in the next models :)

@Lion El'Jonson

Oh, there will be more, you just wait :sweat: .

@3vilX

Well, I think that messy paintjob makes it little bit off, will be fixed when I have other members of squad painted.

@The Angelus Sanctus

Heh, this one has "3" weapons, when he doesn't shoot with the bolter, when he doesn't slash with chainsword, he bludgeons his foes with the boxfeed!!! Yes, next one's shall be tinier.

Ok, marine #2 is started:

gallery_25055_1634_349406.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_234478.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_39900.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_166151.jpg

LOTS of green stuff is needed :tu: .

What do you think?

Heh, knocking enemies out with the boxfeed isnt a bad idea, i just hope it's sturdy enough to keep the ammo inside safe from damage :teehee:

Glad to see Anti-Custode #2 is started!

Got to admit though, the crotch section of CSM legs, at least to me, looks like a tau helmet.... :mellow:

I dont know if its been suggested yet (my eyes were dazzled by flashy chaos marines and lots of text!) but for the ammo feed on the nemesis weapon how about using a pump action feed similar to shotguns in the actual staff pole itself with a tube feed to the rear of the bolter. It would clean up the lines and balance of the weapon quite a lot and gives an image in my mind similar to the following:

Marine points staff at enemy, pumps the loader, screams 'here is my BOOM stick' (aka Ash in Army of Darkness) and blasts said enemy away before swinging around and lopping the head off another!

I must stop eating cheese before bedtime!

Still it has inspired me to do a large chaos lord to oppose my HUGE Wolf Lord.

Archived