Word Bearers

kikkala

As Azura said, Orc Warboss Banner indeed it is. Shaft was made from quitar string.

After some serious studying, I rewarded myself with some painting time :P .

gallery_25055_1634_523033.jpg

So far, this mini is my favourite one B) .

But what do you think? Don't be shy... :D

@Cassarus

Thank you. ^_^

@Azura

Thanks to you too, the long chainbayonet is the theme of the squad, chainglaive with integrated bolter, like with custodes.

@TAS

Thanks mate! At this rate, there won't be anymore Black Crusades, there will be RED Crusades, lead by Word Bearer Hosts! :lol:

Update:

gallery_25055_1634_143835.jpg

Detailing, and blackening the chaos star on the banner will be done.

What do you think?

I like the brown robe with the red armor. Fine work on the banner--that freehand work can be tedious at times... My only suggestion on the banner would be to make the chaos star a bit bolder--IMHO it gets lost in the writing because they are the same thickness.

Your models look like they would be great table top models. Having an army to that standard would be great. The only thing is I think your brush control is a little sloppy. The model seems kinda dark (looks like future floor wax is doing alot of the work). Maybe its just the camera, but I also see little specs of silver over the cloth.

@Seregon

You want more angle pics, more angle pics you get ;) .

@Jabberwocky

...And they are the same color too :) . Tried to fix that, I hope that I successed.

@infamousagenda

Thanks, guilty as charged about the sloppyness, I blame frustation of rush :P . Odd, I saw them too when you mentioned about the specks, but I don't see them on the model itself, must be the camera...

@TAS

Thankies ^_^ . My sanity is questionable matter :lol:!

@Mr.(Space)Marine

Thanks to you too, becoming a true Dark Apostle is my greatest goal :lol:.

Angle photos, and fixed Chaos star also:

gallery_25055_1634_288142.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_151789.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_12293.jpg

Note that back of the banner is still in progress, and weapon also, and the base.... list continues.

Poll Time!

Should I leave the back of the banner blank, or fill it with

a.) Inscriptions

b.) Freehand piccies

c.) Both B)

Wow....Dude....Head overloading with awsomness of it all....

Erm, is there, any chance, that I could erm..... possibly HAVE your brain?

Just curious :P .

Cant wait to see the army finished.

Cheers,

Reaper31

@Azura

Thanks, Back of the banner is still in progress, more layers will come.

@TDA

Thank you, I hope that Lorgar is pleased with me :lol: .

@Reaper31

Thanks to you too, you can have my brain, if the your offerings are reasonable :devil: .

Phew, squad is finally assembled (mostly).

The final 5:

gallery_25055_1634_371725.jpg

What do you think?

The banner bearer is moving along wonderfully. In regards to the back, honestly? I think you should leave it plain, otherwise you'll start to over-crowd the poor mini and that will really bring down its quality significantly. Touch up the layers and leave it at that. :cry:

As for the remaining 5 'anti-custodes', they look great. I have no idea HOW you do it, but you make the GS work look so easy. Seriously, HOW do you mange it!?!?

Can't wait to see how these guys go. :D

this army is shaping up beatifully and we can see how you are improving as the post continues well done sir

ps lurve that dark red its perfect and those last guys look tall any chance of a pic comparison

Awesome work Kikkala. I would also recommend against painting at the back of the banner, it would become too crowded.

Jatka toki samaan malliin vaikka Avaruusjehovilla pelaatkin. ;) Missäspäin Suomea vaikutat fyysisesti jos joskus ottais matsiaki? Ite majailen Oulussa reilun kolmen tuhannen pisteen Black Legion armeijan kanssa.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Thanks ^_^ .

@TAS

Okaay, 1 vote for nuthin'.

I have realised during my countless failures in sculpting that you need to it simply... think and act like a lazy person, if you don't already are. Do it with the least amount effort you can possibly do... few presses there, cut up there, place it where it belongs :D . I might sound like a bad person, but this way I pretty much do it. + read tons of tutorials.. :blink:

@daemonclaw

Thanks, comparison pic coming up! ;)

@Lord Donute

*Diing*, 1 vote for nuthin'.

Well, you can use arabian letters as inspirations, my freehand text looks a lot like that. It helps a lot if you have done calligraphy in school with a brush.

@Neigorath

And another vote for nuthin'!

Heheee, onko avaruusjehovissa jotain pahaakin :lol: . Tossa noin Outokummuss asustelen, n.50km Joensuusta. Matsia voi ottaa jos jossain turnauksessa nähdään, mutta ensimmäinen vaihe on oppia kunnolla pelamaan vaikka vuosia harrastuksessa on jo monta takana :lol: .

As daemonclaw asked for pic, pics coming up:

gallery_25055_1634_1879.jpg

With a regural marine. They I ain't that big compared to others, you can get "taller" marines just repositioning the legs :P .

If you want I can take more pics, with different models, termies etc...

I wouldn't say its a bad thing, sometimes looking at things via a simplistic viewpoint is a lot easier than trying to sit and work out every individual and distinct detail. Heck, even i've realised that sometimes it's ok to be sloppy with undercoats, especially given the fact there is going to be another coat of paint right on top of it.

One day i'll have to try the 'simple mans' guide to GS'ing and see how it works out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

And so Kikkala goes back in time... what period of time could it be.... <dramatic music here>

DUN DUUN

gallery_25055_1634_40374.jpg

My army mascot to become. After seeing kombat-units great artwork of Lorgar, I borrowed (read:stole) the idea of word bearers armour being repainted to red with enemies blood :P .

What do you think?

++EDIT++

More progress

gallery_25055_1634_377315.jpg

++EDIT2++

Almost done! :)

gallery_25055_1634_146654.jpg

This is definitely something different, thats for sure. I like how you tried to capture the gradual armor color change over time. Sure he doesn't look TOO scary, but just understanding how and why his armor is changing from black to red, i think is the main attraction of the mini. Nice work as always :D

Archived