Word Bearers

kikkala

Haha, maybe not the best spelled and pronounced Swedish but it will do! :pirate:

Anyway, I think the Plague Marine look great! I have 7 metal plague marines at home that I am going to paint into the WB colours B), I'm going to do som minor conversions. :)

And I am looking forward to your MkII army as well. I will try to finish mine so that I can put up some updates... I just finished my scout so now I can start painting Chaos again! Wihi! :)

Here's a link to my photobucket client, and just so you know it: the pics sucks, he looks (in my opinion) better IRL ;) :

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x188/maiden_ante/

Well anyway, keep doing whatever it is you do back there in the Land of a thousand lakes :P

I'm here again! What would I bring with me?? Updates, wohooo.

@The Angelus Sanctus

Thanks, your help was the thing that made NCW what is it now.

@Undertaker

Thanks to you too.

@Cassarus

Not the 1st time I heard that :lol: .

@Rune Priest Gribnoor

Shaft was made from Acoustic Guitars Stiring, but copper rod works too.

@Lion El'Jonson

I'm waiting to see some of your Word Bearers!

Today schedule:

Do more plague marines. Champion and regural marine are mostly Green stuffed.

Champion:

gallery_25055_1634_36279.jpg

Marine:

gallery_25055_1634_212840.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_618649.jpg

Hands, legs, backpack and weapons are still in progress.

AAC squad will get some fresh blood next week, so wait for it!

I'm just getting 'bandwidth exceeded' images all through the thread. Anyone know why (you all seem to be able to see the pics)?

edit: nevermind, the later pictures are a-okay. Sorry about that ^^ Anyway, that red marine with the polearm is way cool! And I like the WIP pics, makes it much more useful to a budding sculptor like myself :lol:

Evenings.

It's has been such a long time since I spent time with my Word Bearers, and I got some more Green Stuff today. What a happy day today was. :ph34r:

Plague Champion

gallery_25055_1634_505889.jpg

Rank and File Marines

gallery_25055_1634_543185.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_301265.jpg

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Evenings to all!

I haven't done anything for chaos lately, since my Iron Hand-army has taken a lot of my time.

Anti-adeptus custodes hasn't gotten new marines, 2 weeks ago when I started to build the 3rd marine, the Icon Bearer, but at some point it went terribly wrong so motivation pretty much died. Some good news: I have found some great ideas for the 3rd marine, but he won't be Icon Bearer... only a Aspiring Champion :P .

What did I do today.... NEW SQUAD!!! YEEAH!

I bought the 5-man squad and rhino-box a looooong time ago, until now it was untouched box, and it is no more!

gallery_25055_1634_434066.jpg

This squad shall be little unique to rest of my army, since I had 1k sons bitz, so I used them. And they'll have tons of plasma weaponry :P . The head ornaments shall be filled with unholy text, like ancient tablets.

And their ride... not yet pimp-my-rhino a'la Chaos ;)

gallery_25055_1634_396807.jpg

I didn't remember how I HATE building vehicles before I built this... at one point I screwed up the weapon mounting thingy, so came up with alternative solution.

What do you think?

Evenings to all!

The Champion got some more green stuff all over him :) .

gallery_25055_1634_15634.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied how he's turning out, but lower pole needs to be redone.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Here's current group photo, here you go:

gallery_25055_1634_679588.jpg

You can see how sloppy my gs and painting was with marine #1, and progress in both in marine #2, and finally champ currently in greens.

What do you think?

very nice, word bearers must think alike, because I have almost an exact replica of that bolter staff thing sitting up in my bitz box ready for a champion. I've never been able to paint the deep crimson, or the silver trim as good as that though, happen to have a recipe? :P

anyways, VERY nice army you got there, I'm inspired :)

edit: shame on me for not reading the whole thread. It appears I'm not the only one who's wanted recipes. I'm going to try that out on my next models

Archived