pre-heresy truescale worldeaters

synapse

Oh these guys again yawn.....joking! :) Brilliant work as expected. I for one can't wait to see your bigger-ized assault cannon and power fists. Having seen the Space Wolf variant with the ammo belt feeding it, I'd go that way. Say, are you still using the Daemon Hunters codex to represent your list? Or are you going to migrate to the Space Wolf codex, along with everyone else?

i love that SW beltfeed! though i havent got a good look at it yet (just seen the parts on-sprue) and i havent really seen how it connects to the back.

though sadly these guys are pre heresy - so no assault cannons! well, the world eaters wont have any, and their cc weapons are going to be double chain-halberds (the other being boring storm bolters! yawn) will but i should be doing up a unit of 6 ultramarine bug hunter termies for a friend soon(ish), so they should have fists and at least 1 asscan and a librarian leader.

EDIT: not that i play any games, but in theory its still daemon hunters. i like the combo of nemesis/storm bolter more than other ones, plus the option to have humans in the army (=][=, retinues, storm troopers) will give me more variety when i come to updating the imperial army guys and will give me the freedom to do things like remembrancers etc, legally, without having to use allies.

oh yeah and i loathe SW and wouldnt touch their codex with a ten foot pole :)

almost finished the sergeant -

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/terminatorchampion.jpg

all that's left now are the tassles on the shoulders and the half-cloak (ala lysander) on his lower back, maybe including some trophies too. i also need to do a lot of work on the weapon to make it look mariney, and not like 2 ork chopppas stuck backtoback :lol:

im really happy with the pose and the general terminatoryness of the model. im dying to get him painted up

EDIT: heres the scale shot everyones bound to be asking for :lol:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/terminatorunit.jpg

Your work is a constant source of inspiration. Keep doing what you're doing, it is amazing!

WOW Your work is amazing. Looks really great. ;)

wow thanks :P though i have to say after making masters and casting for a good few weeks, its good to be actually making models, as this is my fave part of the hole process right here; figuring out poses and adding details and coming up with stories for the models in preparation for painitng

here's progress on the second model:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/terminator-02.jpg

i like the pose, and it looks like hes sweeping down, and up with the glaive. some foe of the emperor isnt going home tonight ;) i cant wait to get some blood on that weapon! lol

Done the first stage on the cloak of the sergeant too:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/terminator_back-1.jpg

its made from milliput. once its dry ill sand it smoother and cut a bit off the corner and the left edge too, then will add a few folds with yellow-heavy green stuff.

That is beautiful. I mean seriously I am staggered by how good you make them look. If you have one strength that out ways the others is the natural fluidity of your posing. Its never forced or artificial; but instead always graceful and powerful. Like somebody to a snapshot of your marines in motion. Capturing that essential animating force in sculpture is the biggest hurdle to master. Simple anatomy can be easily be learned; but creating the illusion of life inanimate matter that's what true art is and that cannot be learned for a book. Good work Synapse.

Since your using milliput for the cape, I have a tip I picked up from working with Aves. You can sculpt the cape with modeling clay or sculpey. You know focusing on getting all the fold and motion done. Ignore the inside of the cape for now. Next take your milliput and talc it really well and roll is flat. Now take your sheet and layer over the clay master. You can use a large soft brush and rubbing alchol to smoothly mold the milliput to the shape of the clay. When its dry remove the modeling clay; and you now have a cloak with a realistically scaled thickness, and its automatically sculpted on both sides for you! Maybe blend in a few additional rolls of milliput on to the dry cloak for stress folds and your done.

Keep up the brilliant work!

AWESOME! The only thing I would suggest is on the second terminator. His left wrist is at a bit of an odd angle, almost too extreme (towards the model's left). Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the angle of the picture. Still, can't wait to see progress.

amazing mate truley amazing i love the pose of the term its like looking at the grim reaper :P
AWESOME! The only thing I would suggest is on the second terminator. His left wrist is at a bit of an odd angle, almost too extreme (towards the model's left). Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the angle of the picture. Still, can't wait to see progress.

thanks! though youre right about the wrist, it is a bit awkward. i tried it out with my own wrist and thought it wasnt too far off the mark. plus once i fill in the gap and build up the forearm with GS to the right size it shouldnt appear as bad.

That is beautiful. I mean seriously I am staggered by how good you make them look. If you have one strength that out ways the others is the natural fluidity of your posing. Its never forced or artificial; but instead always graceful and powerful. Like somebody to a snapshot of your marines in motion. Capturing that essential animating force in sculpture is the biggest hurdle to master. Simple anatomy can be easily be learned; but creating the illusion of life inanimate matter that's what true art is and that cannot be learned for a book. Good work Synapse.

thanks :P it means a lot to hear something like that from someone, as i really do take a lot of time thinking about poses when converting models, and i must say its my fave part of the whole proess from inception to varnishing them. cant wait to have enough time to start sculpting models from scratch as id like to think id enjoy that part .

again thanks

Since your using milliput for the cape, I have a tip I picked up from working with Aves. You can sculpt the cape with modeling clay or sculpey. You know focusing on getting all the fold and motion done. Ignore the inside of the cape for now. Next take your milliput and talc it really well and roll is flat. Now take your sheet and layer over the clay master. You can use a large soft brush and rubbing alchol to smoothly mold the milliput to the shape of the clay. When its dry remove the modeling clay; and you now have a cloak with a realistically scaled thickness, and its automatically sculpted on both sides for you! Maybe blend in a few additional rolls of milliput on to the dry cloak for stress folds and your done.

so basically its a cloak mould! problem is as the models are all individually posed - with hips and legs in different poses, i wont be able to use the same one on each model, though its a good start. as you suggested though, i will be adding some more folds with greenstuff later on, and will also shave/file off some bits from the edges to get them smoother.

I was a bit sceptical about the Terminators at first, since the scale seemed to be a bit off. But now you've got them built, they look just great!

what were you scptical about, if you dont mind me asking? its always interesting to see what aother people think..

and what the hell happened to this site? i feel sick with all this fenris grey and dog heads all over the place. horrid horrid horrid. i hate SW btw :D (though the models are tasty)

well not much updates from me. got the arms done on another 2, and the cloak half done on another 1. i want to do some roman-style loincloths on 2 and chainmail loincloths on another 2, though those will take a while to get done. i also need to do the tassles on the shoulder pads. once those are done i can concentrate on some details (trophies, purity seals... or whatever theyre called pre-heresy, GS icons etc). and theyre ready for priming,.

i als downloaded the BoLS world eater transfer sheet will try to use it on the models. ice never used transfer paper before, but the insturctions seem easy enough... we'll see

oh yeah... i also ordered parts that i might use to make a champion power armoured model. maybe Khârn but you didnt hear that here

Their scale just seemed off. The heads looked way too small, arms too short, and the legs looked a bit too bulky.

But yesterday I compared them to the Terminators on the new Space Hulk cover art and those heads are also quite small..

EDIT: btw, I also can't stand the masses of furry grey things around. But I will strike back with heresy and build me some Wolfguard Terminators for my CHAOS army, muahaha ^^

Archived