pre-heresy truescale worldeaters

synapse

Hey Synapse! Good to see you're still workin on them! I've followed your progress on warseer and I'm drooling! I have to say tho (and I need to brush up on my fluff) but isnt the chaplain supposed to be the unseeing word of the emperor? therefor they RARELY take off their helm? I do like the model but I think maybe a skullhelm might work better but depending on how you're conversion is done it may be too much work to salvage it if you decide that it does need a skull helm.

I love the army and I've had an idea for another squad/trooper of yours if you're willing to listen. I can't remember what page the Arny list was on that you posted but Jump troops, Pre-Heresy World eaters just scream jump troops! (if you're already working on some ignore this)

I just see one trooper striding on the tops of its fallen victims to give it a really interesting scale comparison in one marine. I love all your work and have even planned on doing some models of my own for Iron Souls which brings me to my next question.

Can you PM me with where you happen to get your bitz for your marines?

Also lastly, did you plan on doing a devastator squad? I love your heavy weapons marines but then again I'm unsure if dev marines would fit in with the theme you're going for of close combat monsters, which trust me... they are! *Worships*

Pre-Heresy WE Dread Lorg

Pre-Heresy WE Dread Poarth

Pre-Heresy Sons of Horus Dread

A selection of images from the Horus-Heresy CCG to give you an idea of what the dread should look like/be called/be painted. (The Sons of Horus shows the leg parts well).

Also, what does a chaplain do pre-heresy when there's no religion? :)

The best true-scaling I have ever seen though. They are really amazing and f****ng intimidating for an opponent I bet. The painting is great too. I'll be keeping track of this!

I know 8 million people have already said this but awesome job! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do your white?

Brother Fredrik

astronomican grey highlighted up to white. took about 5 coats in all, but it works well, especilly considering its on ablack undercoat

I know 8 million people have already said this but awesome job! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do your white?

Brother Fredrik

astronomican grey highlighted up to white. took about 5 coats in all, but it works well, especilly considering its on ablack undercoat

Could you list the progression you used? im about to do a bunch of white on Ba special char dante and i just undercoated everything with the astronomicon grey. Would help me quite a bit with how i do it as ive seen your white and like it.

Could you list the progression you used? im about to do a bunch of white on Ba special char dante and i just undercoated everything with the astronomicon grey. Would help me quite a bit with how i do it as ive seen your white and like it.

well base was pure astro grey - maybe 2-3 thinned coats to get a good even flat finish.

then 4:1 astro:white, feathered onto the base

3:1 astro white, again, feathered

2:1 astro white. yep, you got it, feathered

1:1 "

1:2 "

1:3 "

1:4 "

then a few more for good measure, applied as normal highlights

of course you can skip a few stages, especially if its feathered

update!

so the torso is kinda finished @(i just need to go over it again once its dry to make sure both sides are the same size and smooth, but im really pleased with it.

it looks a bit big for now, but scout armour is high at the shoulders... yeah, thats my justification! yeah, thats it!

hes gonna be shooting to the side with his right hand (silenced Bp) and holding a chain sword straight sown in the left. i lso need to sort out whats gonna be on his chest (no eagles!) and he will ahve the traditional scout rebreather pipe thing on the top of the gorget too, just not yet...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1137.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1138.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1139.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1140.jpg

C&C as always welcome!

Fantastic work mate, good to see you keeping the traditional scout rebreathe, a nice touch. Great work on the torso as well, looks quite bulky without the arms but i love it.

Only crit i can give is the head, i can't see scouts wearing bandana. Looks far to cheap and too hollywood.

damn unexpected relatives ruined my sculpting day so the scout is not finished yet... Grrr

though i did manage to get the wire-work done on the arms:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1144.jpg

taking ionto account the act that the fluff im devising for the scouts has them as true-marines rather than neophytes (which explains the slightly bigger chest armour than you'd usually expect, he's spot on size wise.

Archived