pre-heresy truescale worldeaters

synapse

God damnit those dudes are just so cool, Im working on a method of getting a nice looking big chest cause to me true marines get their look from the bulky legs and the small sunken head cause of the big chest armour.

Your stuff is a constant insparation :devil: :P :D

Im working on a method of getting a nice looking big chest cause to me true marines get their look from the bulky legs and the small sunken head cause of the big chest armour.

QFT, just like karl kopinski and paul dainton marine artwork!

tutorial please =)

when i make the whole squad and get enoug hconfidence to think theyre worthy of a tut, maybe ;)

whats ur new avatar?

lol it sfreaky huh? its a new card from mtg shadowmoor

so...

ive tried my hand at making the arms (pun intended). i have serious doubts about wether or not i should post pics up, for various reasons.

1) tbh i think theyre pretty bad, but realistially speaking, i guess its to be expected for a first try.

2) the big lights in the room i normaly take my pics in (on th snooker table for those keen eyed amongst you) are on the blitz, so ive had to resort to pics in my modellig room, which has really bad light (excuses synapse, and you know it!)

3) the scout hands are tiny! no really! using one of thoshands on the scouts right arm and a normal marine hand on the left arm really showed when it came to making the arms. cuz the hand was so small, i couldnt makethe forearm on the right arm (the bolt pistol one) as big as i wanted to. the arm with the chainsword is ok, as the hand was a regular marine's one so i could lk out the forearm the way i wanted to.

so to post the pics or not?

i dont think it would be fair not to :) ive posted everything ive done here, good or bad, so far (good: imho, the flamer dude is roxorz; bad: the land speeder i was never pleased with, though technically its ok i guess). the worst that can happen is that i get some ocnstructive advice/crits which is what all these things are about, right? $

so, tentatively, reluctantly, i present you mu unevenly muscular scout with big torso and thick legs!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1148.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM1149.jpg

note: shoulder pads are not glued on and require GS (on the right one) and the modelstill needs work on the chest and details added

man that blood angel seems to pop up everywhere!

and ive decided that this guy will be a prototype for the others. hopefully, the lessons ive learnt on him will help make the actual squad better. we'll see!

C&C PLEASE! i beg you!

Ive just seen all your progress and ive noticed a couple of things.

1. I dont like the shoulder pads. they look IMHO kinda crappy on a scratch built model. Doesnt fit the flow of it, Makes it look like a Real marine with pants over his armour.

2. I still dont like the boots. they seem out of place.

3. Head looks good, Chest looks good, but the arms dont seem right. Not sure whats wrong but they dont seem right, and im pretty sure you are aware of this.

4. Speaking only technically, most scouts dont have chainswords but rather combat knives. I would remove the chain sword and use one of the big catachan knives for them. Or just scratch build one.

Also, Are you planning on sculpting him a camo cloak? I always loved the cloaks on the old metal sniper scouts. You could always give him one rolled up on top of the shoulders. Also, instead of giving him a chest eagle or something how about sculpting on all sorts of pockets and gear and such so it looks like he could sustain himself in the field? maybe on the finished squad?

My 2 cents.

4. Speaking only technically, most scouts dont have chainswords but rather combat knives. I would remove the chain sword and use one of the big catachan knives for them. Or just scratch build one.

Also, Are you planning on sculpting him a camo cloak? I always loved the cloaks on the old metal sniper scouts. You could always give him one rolled up on top of the shoulders. Also, instead of giving him a chest eagle or something how about sculpting on all sorts of pockets and gear and such so it looks like he could sustain himself in the field? maybe on the finished squad?

Thats a good idea, lots of pouches and pockets for gear is something i would personally link with scouts as they could be away from the main force for a long time and so would need to carry all their gear, something to keep in mind. The camo cloak i think is a must for a scout.

Again i think that what Invictus said about chainswords is a fair point. I'd give them combat knives as to have a noisy chainsword barking in your hands is practically saying "hi im here kill me when you feel like it". The combat knives keeps with the theme of stealthy/shady missions.

On to the model - I think is coming on well, the arms as you have pointed out need work, but they look the right size with the right amount of muscle. The legs will always be bigger than the arms on anyone because of carrying the body (obviously) so don't panic to much about the legs. The boots i think are pretty good although could do with maybe a slight change as to not make it so obvious its just normal marine feet.

:D

If anything, the arms are rather too thick; his upper arm is thicker than his head! Remember that the PA marines have armor bulking up their arms, so they're really not that big inside. Maybe I'm not speaking for the majority here, but marines should look like soldiers, not body builders; they're supposed to be quicker than normal humans, as well as stronger! The rest of the model is marvelous, as is everything else in this thread. I think the pants came out really well, actually. I wish I could draw cloth folds as well as you've sculpted them there! Keep up the great work, mate.

If anything, the arms are rather too thick; his upper arm is thicker than his head! Remember that the PA marines have armor bulking up their arms, so they're really not that big inside. Maybe I'm not speaking for the majority here, but marines should look like soldiers, not body builders; they're supposed to be quicker than normal humans, as well as stronger! The rest of the model is marvelous, as is everything else in this thread. I think the pants came out really well, actually. I wish I could draw cloth folds as well as you've sculpted them there! Keep up the great work, mate.

thanks a lot, and i tend to agree with you - i mean if GW marine armour is properly scaled(ha! what a joke!) then their upper arms and thighs would be tiny! i think alot of the marine strengt hand toughness comes from the improved skeleton and muscle strength ratehr than size, but i think its pleasing to the eye to see big marines - i mean it would be a bit disappointing to see thin marines, you know?!

Concepts

Based on how the body would change due to the implants its very feasable to have muscles in the biceps that are massive.

ive got that site bookmarked! its great, though i dont agree with his idea of marines continuing to grow as they become vets... but i realise thats just his take on things. but i like the proportions of the normal marine and how he made the armour fit the shape!

ive got that site bookmarked! its great, though i dont agree with his idea of marines continuing to grow as they become vets... but i realise thats just his take on things. but i like the proportions of the normal marine and how he made the armour fit the shape!

Yeh the idea of them continuing to grow is a bit off imo, but yeh as you said it is his take.

The pictures on the site though are fantastic and give a very realistic take on how marine musculature could look, as well as the way he fits into the armour. Definately something to think about when true scaling marines.

I think all the people saying the scouts should have knives and camo cloaks etc are forgeting one major thing. These are World Eaters! They couldn't be quiet if they tried! All they do is charge madly and chop enemies limb from limb. I don't think scouts actually act as scouts in the World Eaters.

And its looking good! A truescale dreads going to be very interesting!

yeah the scouts just take the first line :P

Synapse, your scout is amazing. It really shows how big they are compared to humans.

awesome work. :P

sum dread pics

i looked at the pictures first and when I saw that I thought Devils Dead Cell was saying sumo dread pics :P

Archived