A Daemon army in 66+ some odd days

OwlandMoonGuy

Last model to add to the war band before the game tomorrow:

gallery_15218_2494_95581.jpg

I guess that makes me 113% done with that squad. :P

BattleRep w/pics to come. Remeber to bad mouth Ultramar in your nightly curses before turning in tonight brethren. The battlefield will run red with the blood of Astartes come the morning.

But not until after a quick breakfast at Dennys. Cheers, -OMG

Woah, love the blood effect there, got a good "fresh blood" look going on.

Thanks, that comes from a personal mix of mine that 1/2 GW's Red Ink. I'm going to have to find something comparable if GW decides to quit making it.

I had to check this out as a friend of mine is an obsessive player who runs a Pleasure and Pain army.... this stuff you got her is wonderful.

Does he post here at the B&C? I'd very much like to compare notes with him sometime.

So... it was a brutal game this morning. Here's a shot where Skulltaker & his retinue is taking a full-on flamestorm cannon to the face before being assaulted by a squad of thunder hammer equipped assault terminators.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Daemons%20vs%20Ultras/DSC04760.jpg

You can't see him in the pic but Tigerius is just below the scene, messing up my INV saves with the Null Field psychic power.

We'll write up a full battle report so more of the details then.

-OMG

OK, I count 2 land raiders, 2 dreads, a vindi(?) and some termies, plus the afforementioned tiggy, did he have any basic marines? lol.

Looks like one of the dreads is venerable too ^_^ , but yes, where are the objective holders?...

This scene is just one battle among many, focused on a small portion of the table. He had full squads of tacticals split into combat squads for taking objectives. Also, one of the LR's is really a very expensive piece of terrain as there is a tree growing out of it. One I very much appreciated as it was the only one that blocked LoS for me.

More as the report gets written. -OMG

So what are you working on at the moment? 'cos I'd love to see those juggers painted up.

There’s a small local tourney coming up here mid-November so I need to add a new unit to the list. I’m going for Flamers so I’ve been working on assembling and making their bases. I’ve also determined that I need some Screamers in my list as well. (I’m buying some tonight in fact.) In fact, I’m thinking about dropping the Chariot in favor of a small squad of them. Relying on the Grinders for all the anti-tank leaves a slight gap that could prove ruinous given the right (or should I say wrong) enemy.

After that; I really do need to finish off SkullTaker so he’s high on the list. Since that first SG is partially painted, I should get that one done before moving on to others.

So I’ll be working on these guys off and on for who knows how long. I’ll keep updating as I make progress.

How did you made the drips of blood on the banner? :D

The same ink concoction I mention above was used to stain the icon. I just used some freehand stokes that follow the natural flow/spatter of the blood to get the effect.

Thanks for the comments, -OMG

The army hasn’t grown much lately. I have got my 5 Flamers assembled, primed and ready to be put on bases. My Screamers are at least removed from the box and cleaned up a bit (but not much else).

I never took a pic of the Slaaneshi icons so here they are:

gallery_15218_2494_199097.jpg

Not much but a little eye candy at least.

I did start work on one of the Blood Crushers and I hope to see more done there over the weekend.

Played my first game vs. Nids last week; Seize Ground, 4 objects for table quarters. As I’ve argued elsewhere; three Grinders shine like few other units when facing hoards. Two big squads of Stealers were stripped from the table before they saw combat. Handfulls of Gaunts came off right along with them. The one Grinder that lost its Mawcannon went to work killing Carnifex in close combat. When the dust settled, there were very few bugs left on the table. I had all of my scoring units and three objectives covered.

The winds of fate still seem to favor the Warp-scourge that is Sa’lili the Lie. icon16.gif

Cheers, -OMG

Getting some paint on the Blood Crusher unit. I might have one or 2 of them done before my next game w/them on Thursday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Daemons/37-BloodCrusher-1-WIP1.jpg

I'm going to keep working on the squad + Skull Taker till they're all done.

Also put together a squad of Flamers. They appear in my 1,850+ lists. I may need them for a game the following weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Daemons/38-FlamersWIP1.jpg

I set them all on posts so they are a bit elevated off the top of the base. I think it'll stand out more when they're painted.

C&C always welcome. -Paul

Looking good there OMG. The painting process of your flamers will definitely peek my interest. <_<

Are you going to bloody up the bloodcrusher's hooves when you paint them?... I mean it's in their name... :to:

Are you going to bloody up the bloodcrusher's hooves when you paint them?... I mean it's in their name... ;)

It just wouldn’t seem right otherwise. It gives me more excuse to use my, “bloody ink” concoction.

What colours do you have in mind for the flamers?

I was thinking about using the white & blue theme right off the box top. Not original I know but seemed classic to me in a way. I’d like the make the mouths look a little more organic. I’ll do up a test model here in a bit and play around with some ideas.

All i can asy is dont stop at 1750 points.

I always make up army lists before I start modeling so I’m working toward a goal. It’s a goal that shifts continually as I play an army on the table and constantly tweak it for efficiency. I didn’t start out wanting Screamers in my army but I see a fitting role that I can’t deny. So the current goal is 2,500 pts. I still need to get my core complete first so the 1,750 list still has 8 models left which will get paint before any others.

Speaking of which, I got some more work done on BC #1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Daemons/39-BloodCrusher-1-WIP2.jpg

More soon. -OMG

Archived