Spacewolves Q&A

Spacefrisian

OH OH! I remember a popular one now...

Q: How do the HQ's work? I'm dumb and don't know what rounding fractions up means... (sorry for the dumb part, but it fits no?)

A lot of people's native language isn't English, so there's a good reason not to get this

So play nice

So you know what "afronden naar boven" means?

To wind up something?

Dutch isn't as strong as it should be...

I guess I didn't really think that one through all the way, it just seems like the people that asked that one the most were children, not foreigners. I'm sorry.

Q: Can my MotW IC take a ride in a transport?

A: Yes if the transport isn't already carrying anyone.

Q: Do Space Wolf Scouts count as scoring units? (I've had this asked to me personally a few times, not sure how often here)

A: No they do not, 5th edition only allows troops to score objectives, and Space Wolf Scouts are an elite.

Q: Do our Wolf priests get litanies of hate?

A: No they do not, they're not chaplains as in the C:SM.

Q: Can the Wolves take an allied Daemon Hunter or Witch Hunter HQ per their codexes? I seem to remember something several years ago that said that they couldn't and that all their HQ's had to be from the Wolf Codex.

Nope, we cant take army add-on's. First, because I think we have a rule that says as much (we dont care for the various imperial groups), but also because unlike regular armies, we dont have 'extra' HQ spots. Most armies have 1 necessary HQ, and 1 optional one. We have no optional ones at all.

Without my rulebook in front of me I cant quote you the wording. Basically, we cant take them because we have no extra slots, all of our HQ places being mandatory, and yes, they have to be SW models. I will look it up and quote it to you tomorrow if someone doesnt beat me to it.

In the end, we cant take Inquisitors and all that.

If we can, someone please let me know.. I have a Vindi Assassin sitting in my bitz box I have wanted to use for years.

The only rule for SW HQs is this; the number of HQ slots depends on the size of the army, not the FOC. No where does it say that you haveto use SW hqs.

G

Its because in the Daemonhunters and Witchhunters Codices it says that you cant take any units as allies that are also being used as compulsory choices. As ALL SW HQ's are troop choices then we cant take any iquisitorial HQ's.

Simple.

Edit: Ill also note you can only take 2 troops, 1 elite, and one FA. Because of this we cant have any imperial assasins either as they require an iquisitor- wich would take up an additional elite choice *nope* or an HQ *as above- no go*.

I can conceed the point if you see the HQ's as compulsory. But IMO that is a very wided definition. The BBB (pg 87) only defines "the shaded boxes" as 'compulsory' and that is how I see it.

to split hairs: compulsory may mean required, but it is used as a "clasification" term and not the "word"

I see no problem with this, as it is a little used option and in no way makes SW players "too powerful"

I've never done it though, just to use the assassin again (too pricy).

G

I think that there should be a massive box at the top of our beloved SW forum, with giant flashing letters that say that, in our codex, it specifically states that we must select a HQ choice FROM OUR CODEX for each 750pts or part thereof.

We can't take HQ inquisitors. However, interestingly enough, the forum-poster JamesI took a BA army to last year's GT including an elite inquisitor and an assassin from different codexes, and this got through the GW list-checkers as, according to the wonderful world of "RAW", you only need to have an inquisitor present to take the assassin.

For friendly games, though, who would really be bothered about you taking an over-costed, less efficient option from either of the Inquisitorial codexes?

Oh......and down with the Inquisition!!!!!!!!!!

NR :D

If you really are pining over an inquisitorial ally, just get yourself into an apoc game. That's just my 2 cents. There's no need to be a rules monger and try to connive your way into something that fluff wise just wouldnt be there. But that's what apoc is for; fielding anything you want.

I have another one:

Do Blood Claws get the Berserk Charge Attack bonus when they counter attack?

Jup, they do.

Uhhh... no, they dont. If you pass a leadership test, you get +1 for the counter-attack, but not the +2 for the charge.

My friend and I had a little talk about that one. One is a charge, another is a counter-charge. They are different.

However, interestingly enough, the forum-poster JamesI took a BA army to last year's GT including an elite inquisitor and an assassin from different codexes, and this got through the GW list-checkers as, according to the wonderful world of "RAW", you only need to have an inquisitor present to take the assassin.

yes and it was possible to do before the new FAQ clearlly stated that both theinq and the assasin must be picked from the same codex .

It was pointed out to me that the BC's might just get their +2.

To represent this, when a unit with this rule is assaulted by the enemy it must take a leadership test. If the test is successful all models in the unit get the +1 assault bonus to their attacks, exactly as if they too had assaulted that turn

Emphasis is my own.

Blood Claws are famed for delivering ferocious charges. They receive a bonus of +2 to attacks when they charge, rather than only +1 attack as is normally the case.

Wow... thats beyond broken.

Guess I will be using my huge BC pack and my WP more often now.

I would just like to thank everyone for this thread. I have recently decided to pick up my half completed SW after a stint with the BA codex. Honestly I am loving the SW codex. It really lets me pick my army the way id like. The more I learn about the wolves the more I love em.

Dont know about token GH packs, though my 10-man Bolter/Flamer pack in a DP had a very good accounting of itself last game. I think GH are really only to be used to walk up to point blank range, blast away with the bolters, and dare the enemy to charge them. :D

I wonder if with this newfound info enemies might just run at the sight of Blood Claws. The only option they have is to shoot them, and with a WP and HP&B, even that isnt as good of an idea.

Man I love playing Wolves...

Archived