New Apocalypse 50K point army WIP

If you really ever want to have that Army painted, pay someone to do it.

You have (or at least had) the income to give it to a painter.

I would do it.

Just Tabletop Quality of course because its way to much minis to do just a bit more.

So if you are interested pm me.

cya

Amazing... last night I emailed FW about the missing part, and got this reply tonight...

I shall place a replacement part order for the hatch, and get this to

you as soon as possible.

If you find anymore problems, or you have any queries please do not

hesitate to contact us

How good is that for a response

Mik

I am sure Mik would prefer to remain anonymous in what he does for a living. you got some dam good deals, I cannot wait to see the thick grey line painted in to ultramarines. Just an idea though, have you thought of splitting it up into an main ultra marine force and a few smaller successor chapters. I think i would go blue blind painting the same colour over and over. That is what i plan to do anyway once i get my battle company sets.

I'd offer to paint too, but then I wouldn't have anything to do after Xmas :cuss

Seriously though as the other chaps said you really need to start painting things now if you want to get any use out of them before the rest of the 40k fraternity get bored and move onto some other gaming system, fickle devoted followers that we are. Impressive as that collection is I personally wouldn't allow a single figure on my table that wasnt painted...but then I guess I am just fussy ^_^ Run over 'em with the good old airbrush you could finish it all within 6 months, probably less with pretty reasonable gaming standards on par with my Crimsons. Which reminds me, I better buy my paints before you deplete the world stocks.......Have fun!

Sorry to go off at a bit of a tangent, but did you say your Crimsons are a "pretty reasonable gaming standard"??? Well I think I may as well sell all of my miniatures and find something else to do. Are you crazy?! Modest is one thing, but come-on!

Anyways, I'd have to agree, I think we would all like to see some glue and some paint. I'm getting depressed looking at the 400 or so points I've got staring at me everyday. I'd be on the edge if I were in your boots - but I suppose also very happy as I'd have just recieed 3 warhound titans!

Best of luck!

I was thinking... that 'everyone' who has bought a Titan builds it and paints it...

Although they are all different in some respect, they are the same nontheless

So, I thought that if I built one, then another, then another... it would be the same

So, I think that if I made all three together... in stages... it would be different for the spectator... you guys... also, I can speed things up for #2 and #3 by concentrating on #1 first and then doing the other two straight after.

Stages like... 3 sets of feet, 3 sets of Legs, 3 sets of bodies, 3 sets of heads, 3 sets of weapons, 3 sets of finishing touches

Do you like

Mik

It's kind of wierd how you are ignoring everyone's questions / feedback, but keep posting questions for us to answer in your posts.

I admire your dedication to assembling all these models but I stand with almost everyone in this thread and ask you what are your plans for painting!

At the very least, if you're not bothered about doing it yourself I second calls for you to commission someone to do it for you. It's an amazing collection of figures

but if its all left unpainted, my goodness, what a waste.

But, guys...

I don't just post to see my name in lights, I post to share as things happen...

I have given you my life story, my employment background, my hobby background, my money windfalls, my army plans, my intentions, where and how I got everything, the discounts, the great deals, how I intend to proceed... i'ts ALL in the thread... mainly pages 1-2-3.

Page 1... I intend to build then paint.

I know it's dragging out, but, hey, as I've said, this is the fullfillment of a 20 year dream... I will NEVER get bored or fed up with how the project is proceeding, because... I've got it all NOW, so it doesn't matter to me how long it takes, I've allready got it.

I am in heaven, and I had an angel for a girlfriend, and now as a wife she is a goddess, I win... no matter what angle you slant this on... I win.

I am happy to share with you my happiness, but if no one wants anymore (for whatever reason), then I don't share... I still win.

However, for the record...

Yes, almost a Chapter of Ultramarines - basically a portion of all 10 Companies, there was no intention to do a full Chapter, ever. I love Ultramarines - their Roman and Greek background, the Spartans, etc.

My life has been turned upside down for over a year now... but I'm not dead, nor is the WIP... it will continue, I will finish, and you will see each and every result.

I truly thank you for all your support, comments, critique, and criticisms... some of you have received PMs regarding speciffic questions and interests and will continue to do so. If you need an answer to something special or you can't find it in the thread... just PM me, I will always answer.

Mik

To Arsenal and others... Mate, I will never take offence, ever.

I know that to some, paint is everything... but to others it's the collecting, or conversions, or the fluff.

I have said before, that historically I'm not a painter and the fact of painting just one mini scares the bejesus out of me... but I made a commitment to MYSELF that I would do at least a tabletop finish to the core troops with extra details to Sergeants and above.

I will be spray painting in droves, so when the paint does come... even you "eavy metal" guys will have difficulty keeping up.

Mik

So, I think that if I made all three together... in stages... it would be different for the spectator... you guys... also, I can speed things up for #2 and #3 by concentrating on #1 first and then doing the other two straight after.

Stages like... 3 sets of feet, 3 sets of Legs, 3 sets of bodies, 3 sets of heads, 3 sets of weapons, 3 sets of finishing touches

Do you like

Mik

That's a good approach. I use the same principle, my mantra is 'why paint one when you can paint 50'!

Shouldn't really take you long once you get started either, I managed to collect, build and paint 38,000 pts in less than two years and still the forces grow bigger <rolls eyes> in fact my biggest limiting factor has been space, the constant re-arrangement of my shelves has become a fine art form and possibly an Olympic disipline! Need to approach this number of pieces like a machine, choose your pieces then run through them one stage at a time, a conveyor belt of one as it were. Try not to think, it only makes things worse :rolleyes:

With a force of this size base colours with strong lining will work well and as you say just a little extra work on the character peices as you see fit. Let's be honest a bazillion ultramarine symbols on all those shoulder pads is gonna make the best of us go cross eyed anyhow, we won't notice much else :D

Try and do some infantry then alternate it with vehicles to limit the monotony indeed it would probably help (if your intending to play) to plan a small average force size to paint first and get some decent games in, I found it has really re-charged my batteries and injected a little more enthusiasm where it had started to wilt a little!

Most important thing enjoy yourself!

Look forward to the updates :D

Bully