New Apocalypse 50K point army WIP

Hi again

Thanks for the RE info Shortsonfire79

Bro Cambrius - No, I wasn't planning any DIY... some left over bitz were planned for scenery / terrain / basing ideas though. It would be a long walk with a LOT of bags to bring my army to your part of UK, but it certainly would be fun. And thanks for the colour tip mate.

Still working on magnets

Mik

Bro Cambrius - No, I wasn't planning any DIY... some left over bitz were planned for scenery / terrain / basing ideas though. It would be a long walk with a LOT of bags to bring my army to your part of UK, but it certainly would be fun. And thanks for the colour tip mate.

Ah that's a pity. but you could make some good defence scenery that could be used in apocalypse games such as defence platforms or pillboxes. Don't worry about walking mate, just take the train from Cardiff/Heathrow/Gatwick/ airport (although I'd imagine you'd take up an entire carriage with your stuff. :tu: Connections at Carmarthen would be fun...)

No problem with the colours. Glad to help but I wish I could show my Star Tridents marine as he's had UM and Enchanted blue used on him so you could compare, but personally I'd recommend a mordian blue, layer enchanted blue on top and then wash with Asurmen Blue and highlight accordingly with UM blue or Ice blue. If you need help with tank names etc. I'm here if need be but that's going to be a LOOOONG way off.

Cambrius

PS: What about Mr. Calgar's personal transport? Will you try to make the Maximus LR?

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Good thinking Shortsonfire79... However, I'm all for the fluff that exists for Maximus, though that said... what do you think of TWO LRE's for his Honour Guard formation to accompany him? Now THAT would be awesome...

Check out his topic (Land Raider Exterminus) in this B&C WIP thread for the details.

And yes, I'm doing Apocalypse style terrain... defence perimeters, gate blockhouses, defence complex, you name it...

Also, yes I'm thinking Maximus conversion... I started a WIP topic (located somewhere on page 5 or 6 on this WIP thread), I asked a few questions and got access to a French GW site with some incredible details. Another project on my list of things to do.

Thanks again for the support and interest guys

Mik

Please elaborate? :)

Cambrius

Its in my Signature. I'm going to update the thread, as its died, and gone out to page 5...

Good thinking Shortsonfire79... However, I'm all for the fluff that exists for Maximus, though that said... what do you think of TWO LRE's for his Honour Guard formation to accompany him? Now THAT would be awesome...

Also, yes I'm thinking Maximus conversion... I started a WIP topic (located somewhere on page 5 or 6 on this WIP thread), I asked a few questions and got access to a French GW site with some incredible details. Another project on my list of things to do.

Mik

Why don't you do the LRE WITH Maximus conversion, its what I'm doing =-D With the cool borders...and since my Chapter Master is going to be count as Marneus Calgar, his Honor Guard is going to be in the LRE with him, or at least 2 squads, probably not all 3. (Troop capicity is 30+ (more when there are no sponson weapons))

The Maximus doesn't even look that hard...not for you. most of the design was painted on. In my LRE thread, theres two pictures of it before paint. If you need more, I can get you some, I think I have 8ish..

Little update...

Rhino RE magnetizing complete... just doing bits to the Land raiders

FateSealer - Thanks for your support... in answer to your questions, please refer to the thread as all have been answered. I'm expecting paint will occur over the next couple of weeks.

Mic

This has to be the most monumental 40k undertaking I've ever seen. :D

I wish you luck with your painting and know that you have inspired me to continue with my Imperial Fist army which has been suffering of late. It also is large, but nowhere near these kind of numbers.

I don't think it's a question of sanity but a question of how long you spent in the CC's capola beathing in that carrier exhaust, beleive me when I say I understand, I recently retired after 25 years in the Canadian Armoured Corps reserves as a Recce CC and Ptl Comander. ;)

First In, Last Out

Grumpy

Facta Non Verba

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I found myself way back on page 6

Sorry guys... I am alive and the WIP is still rolling

I've had heaps of problems this last couple of weeks...

- Too much 'required' overtime at work

- Problems with my camera, it has issues with closeups

- My partner has been off work sick

- If you watch Australian news headlines, where I am has been under severe thunder storms for over three weeks now... we have flooded twice and all my stuff has been moved around... and my space has been occupied with wet stuff drying

So, sorry again for no update... but definately still on

A couple of good things though... I've got my paints and spray guns... and 2x Realm battleboards.

I'm also revamping my table... It got dammaged in the flooding... 4 inches of flowing river over the basement floor!!!

I WILL post as soon as I have anything ready

Thanks again guys

Mik

I do love the way, that no one is worried about his "heaps of problems" and all they want to know about is the models. Well, I already sent my half-condolences. SO!

I too would like to know about a paint job, and basing, and everything else.

A B&C Paint test-thingie would be just fine too =-D

Good luck to you, your partner, your house, and all your junk =-D

I can see how some might be worried about paint, but using spray primer and a nice spray basecoat can get all of those tanks (at the very least) done in a day or two- depending how long you let them sit before covering each hidden area (i.e the bottom.)

I think it's admirable to try to paint such a large army, it will require skill and patience, for sure...

• 5 weeks later...
For instance, I've read some posts asking what a Conversion Beamer is and what does it look like - some have designed their own... thanks to Space Crusade, I have 6 of them - GW designed and specified.

When they bring out a Master of the Forge mini, we will see if GW stay true.

Any chance to see what an orginal Conversion Beamer looks like?