Desert Scorpions

Starks333

Id considered doing video tutorials with a friends high def cam, i just wouldnt be able to do them all for free if you know what i mean, its too much time and planning

photo tutorials are alright, but i want to show people how quick it is, many dont believe me how fast you can apply basic techniques and get something great looking done fast

Alex

Id considered doing video tutorials with a friends high def cam, i just wouldnt be able to do them all for free if you know what i mean, its too much time and planning

photo tutorials are alright, but i want to show people how quick it is, many dont believe me how fast you can apply basic techniques and get something great looking done fast

Alex

I need that or my "army"...but I'm guessing you want to rely on that for comp pieces...

Alex

I need that or my "army"...but I'm guessing you want to rely on that for comp pieces...

nah im not doing competition minis anymore, i dont really have an interest, nor time to invest in it...and with ebay sucking its not even worth selling anything....i have a lot of time consuming things ahead, so i will be moving on to those...i will continue to answer some questions and chip in but other than that, nothing major out of me

tutorials are a possibility, but not likely

Alex

It makes me sad to see you're selling these miniatures on eBay! If I had created something so spectacular I think I'd rather sell my girlfriend! Only kidding but it woud be awesome to have created them!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes we will see more work from you, but in the mean time I for one will be grateful for any hints/tips you so kindly provide!

It was great to see them be created, again, more sadness when I think there shalln't be any more weathered green Desert Scorpions!

All the best with selling them and in any future projects!

Loring!

It makes me sad to see you're selling these miniatures on eBay! If I had created something so spectacular I think I'd rather sell my girlfriend! Only kidding but it woud be awesome to have created them!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes we will see more work from you, but in the mean time I for one will be grateful for any hints/tips you so kindly provide!

It was great to see them be created, again, more sadness when I think there shalln't be any more weathered green Desert Scorpions!

All the best with selling them and in any future projects!

Loring!

dont you worry im not selling my 1700pts, only the extra 900 or so pts!!!

Alex

• 4 months later...

Ive just been going back over detailing a bit more to clean things up, and finish them off how i originally wanted to.

With that in mind heres some of the freehand Ive been adding

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/40k/Scorpions/IMG_1170.jpg

I just read through the whole thread and at first I thought "Oh my god, what is he doing to the models?", because of the salting etc.etc.

But now I am just ... flushed. Those are absolutely amazing!

thanks, hopefully you enjoy the freehand, ill post more pics later...i onyl have the raider left of the vehicles...im also going to do the sternguard squad, and im debating doing the scouts and marines...i dont know if i want to do the scorpion symbol that many times!

heres the biker captains freehand, it didnt show up well it is actually brighter and less greyed in person, but the lighting here isnt the best where i am so

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/40k/Scorpions/IMG_1172.jpg

thanks everyone :) hope to have more pics up later this week

@ wiplash, i debated doing the screens but at this point i dont know what i want to do on them, so as for now, no i wont be

all symbols are freehand, i dont use transfers :P

Whew! Been gone for a while, first time going over this post, I must say this army looks flippin sweet. The salting is really cool, it's hard to tell in the pictures (not all of them are showing up), are you weathering the freehand as well? The scorpion looks extremely clean.

ya the photos got deleted or lost, ill have new ones eventually hahaha, finished ones with better lighting

as for the freehand its all been weathered...the harsh lighting may blend the white together tho, a better view is the other two speeders on the previous page...the eagle shows it better :D

Alex

Well id say no more than average.

Terminator squad minus freehand was about 4 hours total

Captain on bike minus freehand was about 3-4 hours

Land Raider was again about 4 hours

it took me longer to build and basecoat than to finish all the highlighting and blending and other techniques

Well we are working away at the table still, slowly making progress.

We have been planning out or scenery to be strategic and functional in our games, and have had good success with it so far, although incomplete.

I dont have photos of the main pieces right now, instead some of the small details Im working on to add to the pieces

Im working on some pots and milk cans, as well as food cart stock, crates and wire spools....sadly i dont have many devices to create more accurate shapes, so they are a little wonky in places or uneven, but after its placed and painted in the terrain you wont notice it anyways

I will be adding med-packs, sledges, rock cutting kits, a compressor, fire hose possibly, different styled crates and so on

If anyone has other ideas or reference for ideas for what would be in a formerly abandoned desert town, now being slightly rebuilt and occupied by traitor legions, thatd be awesome!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/IMG_1188.jpg

You could go for some chaos looking sentry guns. If they're occupying the town, they might set up a little extra defense. Razor wire defense, Tank Traps, cases of Ammo.

How about making an altar to the Emperor that's been ruined and desecrated, making it an alter to Chaos? Don't forget your ritual sacrifices on spikes!

Archived