final battle-real or myth?

chrac

The only real problem with all this is that the Tau don't have any real readily available source for a sudden surge of might which means they'd almost certainly be (more) screwed.

And this is a problem... how?

Ironfather0 Posted Today, 03:54 PM

its said that ferrus mannus will return at the darkest moment to lead mankind. As of right now he's training in an "unearthly paradise"

:Troops: Ferrus Manus had his head cut off.

Well, so then he will return with his head missing... :Elite:

Or, you know, whatever mystical forces that be might find a way to overcome that death thing...

Myths are just ways to describe the indescribable truth. I think that the apotheosis of humanity as a fully psychic race will have real implications for the real-space/warp-space boundaries, leading to the fantastic myths coming to fruition.

I just wanna get one thing straight about the Space Pups.

Russ and the 13th company have been roaming around in the Warp for a long time now haven't they?

Leman Russ = Daemon Prince. Leman Russ returns and takes control of the Space Wolves yet again Space Wolves now = Excommunicate Traitorus (Let's face it, they're pretty much a bunch of mutants anyway :angry:)

As for the whole final times thing, on the surface it just looks like a stock end of the world myth. I'm looking forward to the Global Event :P

I just wanna get one thing straight about the Space Pups.

Russ and the 13th company have been roaming around in the Warp for a long time now haven't they?

Leman Russ = Daemon Prince. Leman Russ returns and takes control of the Space Wolves yet again Space Wolves now = Excommunicate Traitorus (Let's face it, they're pretty much a bunch of mutants anyway :()

As for the whole final times thing, on the surface it just looks like a stock end of the world myth. I'm looking forward to the Global Event :wacko:

not to start a SWvsDA thing, but multiple sources cite the SW at being highly immune to the effetcs of Chaos due to the mutated nature of the Canis Helix. this is why the 13th Company might have mutated Wulfen packs, but are still loyal to the Emperor's dream.

wolf lord kieran

not to start a SWvsDA thing, but multiple sources cite the SW at being highly immune to the effetcs of Chaos due to the mutated nature of the Canis Helix. this is why the 13th Company might have mutated Wulfen packs, but are still loyal to the Emperor's dream.

wolf lord kieran

That's it, Honour Duel :( (TBH I'm more Fallen than Dark)

TBH though I reckon no matter how highly immune you think you are 10,000 years of exposure to the warp is gonna effect you somehow.

At the end of it all every race has it's own End Times Myth. Hell even the irreligious Tau believe that the loss of the ethereal caste will set them back to how they were before their arrival.

fallen... dark...all the same in my book. dress wearing looney traitors. :)

i thought that 10,000 years in the Eye would play hell with them also, but it's said that time flows differently in the Eye, making 1 hour last a year or 50 years last a minute...so it is hard to state just how long they are in the warp. by our clocks 10, 000 years, but to them maybe just a few years, maybe forever.

while the Canis Helix can protect the bodies of the 13th Company for the warp's touch, their faith in Russ and the Emperor (as a man worth following, a dream worth fighting for. not a diety) protects them souls.

and they are effected by the warp to a degree. thats why the wulfen arent complete animals (like the wulfen present on fenris), but rather marines bearing the curse of the wulfen. they still fight in packs, unlike our wulfen, and many wolf lords and rune priests affected still wage war with their pre wulfen talents.

wolf lord kieran

No one's mentioned Cipher yet... something big is supposed to happen when he returns the sword to Mr. Big...

I dunno... My cynical mind keeps telling me that when GW admits that it's going to kick the bucket they'll release a "Wolftime/final battle/etc" campaign. And my take on Warhammer 50K is that it won't happen. Anyone else notice that the 5th ed timeline ends at 999.m40? And that the events get worse as they get closer to 000.m50?

edit: read above 999.m41 and 000.m42 :)

from what i remember of cypher, he is supposed to carry (not wield) the Lion's sword, and if he can present it to the emperor the fallen will be forgiven of their crimes.

others state the sword is the black sword of the lion, and cypher will use it see slay the emperor and free him from the golden throne.

wolf lord kieran

Anyone else notice that the 5th ed timeline ends at 999.m40? And that the events get worse as they get closer to 000.m50?

Nothing that bad can happen as the Ciaphas Cain journals are published for members of the Inquisition in the early years of the 51st millenium.

Don't forget about Sanguinius. There's fluff about him being "reborn" and all that goodness.

How and Where????!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?!?!

Not trying to be rude but I would like to know as well. ^_^

Captain Kael :HQ:

3rd (or could be 2nd, can't remember) BA Codex (or Angels of Death Codex if it's 2nd), there's a short story about an inquisitor who is worried about his upcoming trip to Baal because of the reputation of the Blood Angels and has a dream/vision about an aspirant who comes out of his incubation chamber reborn as Sanguinius and the inquisitor is filled with joy and all that good stuff because of the vision.

Probably the basis for Swallow's Deus books.

And if you want to cite Swallow as a reference that's what the Deus books are about.

In regards to Sanguinius, I have to say(although I'm a bit biased) that if any of the dead primarchs came back It would probably be him. Think about, when he died he left a curse that makes marines go bonkers and rip peoples arms off, Its commonly accepted that the black rage is a result of his psyhsic agony right before he died, and that the red thirst is the geneseed defect. Also with all of the grail iconography Sanguinus is pretty much 40k's version of Jesus, and well we all know what some people claim that he did. :)

To touch on the status of Russ and the Wolves I doubt they would be affected by the Warp. In the mythos they would have been shielded by the power of the Emperor. If he can project the Astronomicon into the Warp I think he can watch out for Russ and his boys. Especially since they were his enforcers.

I don't think the 13th Co are Chaos Marines given as how in the SW books they are still ripping Chaos a new one.

Also I doubt you would be corrupted as Russ given the absolute, total, overwhelming rage he must had been feeling at the Chaos primarchs would probably prevent him from going over to their side.

Also I doubt you would be corrupted as Russ given the absolute, total, overwhelming rage he must had been feeling at the Chaos primarchs would probably prevent him from going over to their side.

C'mon, Russ is pretty much just Angron with fur. :D

Archived