final battle-real or myth?

chrac

Angron was raised in a gladiatorial setting (hell, his whole backstory is basically Sparticus). Gladiators have their own sense of martial pride & values of honour

Angron keeps trophies of enemies worth remembering. This also re-inforces martial pride and a sense of honour (much like the Predators collection of skulls)

Actually now I think about it Angron is more noble than Russ' who just sat about stinking of dogs and getting drunk :lol:

Cue the Space Pups Fan Club.....

The primarchs aren't coming back. There is no Santa Claus. The phenomenon you guys are all discussing, aside from being in a fictional universe, is called Millennialism, it states that the world is ending and heroes will be there to meet the coming darkness, etc, etc, etc.

Think of our world today. Everyone in North Korea KNOWS that 'Eternal President' (it says so in the constitution) Kim Il Sung will be back for the final showdown with the west and that his father and mother were the sun and the moon.

Now, let's catapult the idea forward 38000 years and instead of Kim Il Sung, let's make it the Emperor of all Man. Holy <_< , batman. These guys mean what they say. Besides, mankind isn't running out of mankind any time soon. I don't remember what the statistic is, but something like more than 1% and less than 2% of Imperial citizens ever sees war in his or her lifetime. Considering the numbers of the IG are typically described as 'endless', that probably means that there is a lot of propaganda being spread like manure about how bad things are.

Oh of course. Also, if you stop and consider the whole Guilliman healing mythos you have to stop and ask yourself "Ok, so Guilliman who is a Primarch and, therefore, only a mere fraction of the awesome that is the Emperor is able to heal himself within a stasis field (which has been described as an impossibilty) but the Immortal Emperor, a 40k+ year old badass, is consigned to just sitting around rotting away?"

Speak not unto the Unbeliever, Brother Oor.

Nothing that bad can happen as the Ciaphas Cain journals are published for members of the Inquisition in the early years of the 51st millenium.

The 51st, you say?

It could even be the 42nd B) tbh I'm far too busy plotting my revenge against the Lion to worry about dates :P

The primarchs aren't coming back. There is no Santa Claus. The phenomenon you guys are all discussing, aside from being in a fictional universe, is called Millennialism, it states that the world is ending and heroes will be there to meet the coming darkness, etc, etc, etc.

Think of our world today. Everyone in North Korea KNOWS that 'Eternal President' (it says so in the constitution) Kim Il Sung will be back for the final showdown with the west and that his father and mother were the sun and the moon.

Now, let's catapult the idea forward 38000 years and instead of Kim Il Sung, let's make it the Emperor of all Man. Holy ;) , batman. These guys mean what they say. Besides, mankind isn't running out of mankind any time soon. I don't remember what the statistic is, but something like more than 1% and less than 2% of Imperial citizens ever sees war in his or her lifetime. Considering the numbers of the IG are typically described as 'endless', that probably means that there is a lot of propaganda being spread like manure about how bad things are.

How right you are! Because as we all know, 40K is known for its extreme realism!

*facepalm*

• 3 months later...
Ironfather0 Posted Today, 03:54 PM

its said that ferrus mannus will return at the darkest moment to lead mankind. As of right now he's training in an "unearthly paradise"

:) Ferrus Manus had his head cut off.

Well, so then he will return with his head missing... :D

sang. is dead but it doesn't mean he might not come back, similarly ferrus may well have had his conciousness put into some type of manical version of himself before death

well surely I hope you don't take the Ciaphas Cain novels as GW Canon? if there's one series that's not meant to be taken seriously... ;)

Well, it's well-written and stick to the fluff much more than 95% of the rest of the BL products so far :lol:

I would have no problem considering them canon, personally.

And they are not being published, but organized by Amberlay for study by their fellow inquisitors. Something like this will NEVER be published by in the Imperium, it's even stated on the 1st book.

well surely I hope you don't take the Ciaphas Cain novels as GW Canon? if there's one series that's not meant to be taken seriously... :)

if gw's pet "authors" (thorpe, mcneil) and the pretenders (swallow and goto) had half the writing skills displayed in a single sandy mitchell written chapter i would eat my own waste.

and the series is 100% canon.

WLK

Ciaphas Cain is one of the most serious series I've read from an author other than Abnett.

And don't listen to the Dark Angel. Dress wearing ninny has to resort to passive-aggressive posts to try and get a rise out of the Wolves, girls will be girls. :o :D

Hardly, Russ is about noble combat, whereas Angron is all about mindless bloodlust, very different imo.

I think Magnus the Red might disagree with you there. I doubt there was anything noble about the fall of Prospero.

I think well get a very good idea of what magnus thinks in a few months... dont you? :D.

Ironfather0 Posted Today, 03:54 PM

its said that ferrus mannus will return at the darkest moment to lead mankind. As of right now he's training in an "unearthly paradise"

<_< Ferrus Manus had his head cut off.

Well, so then he will return with his head missing... ^_^

sang. is dead but it doesn't mean he might not come back, similarly ferrus may well have had his conciousness put into some type of manical version of himself before death

So Ferrus Manus is either Rocky or Robocop.......

Personally I'd like to see the return of the Primarchs for the final battle. The Lion would probably need a huge battle to get the blood flowing after that 10000+ year nap he has been taking. All of them except Guilliman.....Bubble boy can stay where he is.

anyway back on topic i have said this so many times this is what happens by army:

Imperial Forces: Emperor rives himself somehow and then with a mighty use of power revives all dead marines primaches ever (i am thinking with the seed/fruit/tree of life here) and then march of into the Eye of Terror to meet the chaos forces. They do this my the Emp reavling what he was working on a might warp destroyer thingy :D

Orks: Join together into 1 huge WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!! and go rampagin through the galaxy

Nids: they all arrive and eat the galaxy (as much as possible)

Tau: have a huge surge of recruits and march forth on their 4th Sephre of Expansion

Chaos: all join together in a mighty Black Crusade and meet the Imperial Forces head on

Eldar: Band together to either fight Slaanesh or destroy the Dark Eldar

Dark Eldar: either defend themselves form the eldar or go around doing what they normaly do but in a much bigger way

Necrons: all rise up C'Tan all appear powerfully and go around harvesting souls

i hope that explains how i think it will go

Athiair ;)

you are thinking too 4th dimensionally, stasis fields exist in this fiction, meaning the ability to stop time via technology exists. Via the gods of chaos time can be manipulated. why would it be difficult to imagine primarchs returning from the past?

Think about, when he died he left a curse that makes marines go bonkers and rip peoples arms off, Its commonly accepted that the black rage is a result of his psyhsic agony right before he died, and that the red thirst is the geneseed defect. Also with all of the grail iconography Sanguinus is pretty much 40k's version of Jesus, and well we all know what some people claim that he did. :D

Interesting angle. At the setup of 40k I thought they just transfered fantasy sterotypes into space. I always saw the Blood Angels as the "vampires who protect humanity"

God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

Wow. Best way to tell new players about the heresy right there. And get Mid-Western Religimoms up in arms.

Sanguinius isn't Jesus, he's the Archangel Michael. The whole Horus heresy is just the War Of Heaven. Half the angels rebelling and all that jazz.

a third of angels rebelled not half, Michael kills Lucifer (in revelations) doesn't get killed by him/ wound him, God doesn't do any fighting, but i do agree it has biblical over tones,

o and i am reading rise of the tau, its the best warhammer fiction ever, period.

Archived