[RP] Verus Imperator Adventum

Shunch

*some more ooc*

If you need them that's the only thing my arvus other than the trunk of stuff. I came prepared. Crap ton of bolter rounds and psycannon rounds just in case.

*Out of character*

That's a point! I lent out all my shuttles getting people off the Firebird. Any chance I could have one back now? :)

Hayes came prepared too, just not prepared for his master to turn traitor, blow up his available supplies and try to kill him in the process. :)

(OOC)

I knew those Amalathians were up to no good... does Hayes want to join the ranks of the Thorians yet? B)

Theoretically Nicole and crew have plenty of ammo, granted most of it is hellgun/las rounds, but there's a point to having laspistols as backup weapons.

(IC)

Late day two, early day three, limestone caves

Nicole sat in a commandeered chair in the limestone cave complex, looking over a crude map of the local area drawn by the natives, which lay on a table also provided by the caverns former occupants. The score or so of local militants fell fairly easily to her Stormtroopers, especially given the firepower of both Inquisitorial parties. Polarion made quite a showing of herself, and Crown handled himself admirably. Thankfully they hadn't had to contend with anything more than lasgun and autogun rounds.

Sister Helena had earlier reported that five Stormtroopers were out of action, two dead and three wounded. She predicted the wounded should return to action in one or two days. With Sergeant Anderson on the mend that meant she was down six troopers. Not a fortuitous way to begin her stay. Three locals were now stripped, bound, and gagged and held within her limestone complex for future interrogation. They now had ample food and water supply, with additional fresh water from local subterranean springs. Additional arms and ammunition were present, however the heaviest weapon that was kept here was a lasgun.

They had found a rudimentary shrine to what was apparently once the Emperor. To Nicole's trained eyes however, there were numerous small variations that were shifting the local religion to that of the ruinous powers. She had quarentined the area of the shrine for further investigation. Hopefully in her psychic probings of the captives she would find other details, but there were now multiple signs of the dark powers works on the planet's surface. She suspected Basavriuk's influence, but who was to say if he was but a smaller pawn in the game?

William had returned, bearing the bodies of the two assassins, as well as all their gear. For good measure he had also brought the gear of the local sniper the assassins had killed. After examination, Helena had concluded the assassins had died from sniper fire, one from a shot to the head, the other by poison. Closer examination of the venom and the dart in Celia's body had shown the poison was Catachan in origin. This told Nicole that not only were they dealing with locals, but there were other agents at work, potentially lethal ones. This posed additional problems. How many foreign agents were present that were working against the Inquisition? Was this evidence of a conspiracy among the Conclave? How many traitorous agents had made planetfall? There were too many details she didn't know.

She sat in thought, her right index finger to the side of her lips, brooding while one of the troopers was setting up a rudimentary communication system. The transport that hopefully was still in the system would have recorded any transmissions they may have missed while they were 'dark' and would send them once it had a lock on the trooper's communication gear. It would also allow them to monitor any local signals, hopefully information about any Conclave Inquisitor's activities.

The trooper was working the communications system, as a signal came across the band. "Inquisitor, I think you should listen to this." Nicole looked over as the trooper brought a view screen to her. She began to read the reports flicking across it and listened to the various communications at work. She almost couldn't believe what was before her, but like watching a train wreck she couldn't look away.

"This is potentially problematic," was all that she said.

(OOC)

Edit: I can't believe I Forgot to put in the shrine...doh! Fix't.

*OOC*

I'll post a bit later guys, I've been working for the last three days on crazy shifts, so when my brain has had a chance to rest then I'll get a fresh post up, until then just consider that the Marines on the ground are wandering around shouting at things or praying quietly amongst themselves. As far as the Battlebarge is concerned it's just floating slowly towards the planet at the moment. ;)

*OOC*

Nicky, what's up with that shrine?

(OOC)

Details based upon what Shunch let me know about before he went AWOL, concerning the militants that attacked the initial landing site. I'll elaborate when either he gets back or there's a non ork moment or something. I'm hoping he does emerge again, but I'm starting to become concerned.

Captain Malachi Posted Yesterday, 11:56 PM

You're not the only one getting concerned, it's been a month (to the day) since he vanished with the flu. As for non-ork moments, well they appear to simply be having a look at the stars in orbit right now, how kind of them to give us time to prepare :lol:

Why so complicated? I'm sure there's just been, er, a 'breakdown in the chain of command', ie the Boyz are fighting and the Boss is busy bashing heads to restore order. :D

I knew those Amalathians were up to no good... does Hayes want to join the ranks of the Thorians yet? ^_^

Nope, he'll be an Amalathian. At least until he turns Radical after hunting dwon Tyrak, and is in turn hunted down by his former Acolyte, and so on and so forth.

Writing this background I can see why some people have a penchant for conspiracies - it's so much fun. :lol:

Wade looked down at the head of the villager he was talking to

“I’m looking for a man named Basavriuk.” Said the assassin

“You mean the fellow you’ve knocked over three villages so far trying to find?”

“None other than that my headstrong friend.”

“Well then I’m afraid I can’t be of much assistance to you for I don’t know either.”

“Playing the hard to get heretic I see. Maybe when I have more time we can play the interrogation game.”

“There won’t be an interrogation game after you die traitor!”

“Fine then be that way, I hope the Inquisitors find you.”

Wade yelled as he pulled the villagers head he had been using as a puppet off of his hand and threw it onto the pile of bodies next to him. Looking down at the arranged corpses wade was hoping to give whoever the lost storm trooper that had died in the villages a posthumous promotion, for appearing to have destroyed the village single handedly. Wade walked off into the jungle northward towards where that damned heretic was hiding. There wasn’t enough women on this planet for him.

Stanislaus looked like hell. The bags under his eyes were now quite visible.

“Alpharius show me the drop sites north side. Wade left some handwork when he passed it.”

An illusion appeared before Stanislaus it was a jungle scene that showed the edge of a clearing that was being rained on. Among the trees was a disfigured man tied naked to a tree with a sign that read “Basavriuk”

“Is that what I think it is sir?”

“Nope its just a local cut up beyond recognition, but it should rile up some feathers and I feel like some entertainment is in order. Especially since we must wait for that hulk to be dealt with.”

OOC

PANIC! jk lol. I like my heretics to hunt heretics

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC; Sorry mods I just couldn't let this die so sadly. Its not even a week dormant so its not so bad is it?)

(IC)

*Click Click Beep Click Beep Beep Click*

"That so Olmes?" Taking a look at the dataslate linked to his servo skull Inquisitor Decklan looked out into the rain with sincere sadness. Turning towards Hayes, " Orbital relays say the orks have made rock-side on the far side of the jungle. They also say that they've spotted some ruins halfway between us and the orks. Probably what they're after if I had to guess." Decklan studied the slate some more as yet more info came rolling across the screen. "Well that's unusual... Turns out that hulk wasn't a hulk after all. Fleet reports say that when the hulk made the fleet line it split into a small pirate fleet. They suspect some xenos cloaking device or some sort... Its even matched from the looks of it. Too bad Tyrak took that fleet we could have used it. That's all for now Olmes." And with that the servo skull retracted the mechanadendrite from the inquisitors dataslate.

Inquisitor Decklan took a moment to consider these newest revelations and ponder on where it was to spiral to next. After a minute he turned to regard the rest of the conclave assembled at the landing site. Speaking loudly so that all could hear him Decklan addressed the crowd, " Alright for those of you who didn't hear that, the ork pirates made planet-fall not far north from here. 2 days march if I had to guess. Also relays from orbit say that there is some ruins precisely half that distance in the direction of the orks. Looks like they're after whatever is in those ruins and I'd be willing to bet my coat that Basavriuk is already there. If we're gonna do something now's the time it seems."

(OOC again; I hate to see good RP go down. Even if Shunch can't join us guys we can still run this thing. We've got a heck of a story to continue. Seems like a race to the temple before the xenos get there type thing, and I'm sure they brought their piratey orkish planes for those of you who like the skys.)

*IC*

"Inquisitor Deckan, perhaps you would be so kind as to put together an armed party, we can take my valkyrie to the ruins you mentioned. Once there we can investigate, execute the traitor if he is there, and be back in time for those Emperor damned orks. If possible I would like to be here when the orks arrive, not at some undefendable ruins in the middle of nowhere."

Within a few hours Inquisitor Draken's Landraider had traversed what looked to be at one time a road, that is before the jungle had taken it back, to the temple he had found. Stepping out, he and the host carefully took note of the temple. One could never be too careful, especially considering that reports came back from the thunderhawk that brought him planetside was having difficulty getting through what looked to be an orkish blockade. Unsheathing his sword, he continued up into the temple, followed closely by the Host.

Within the abandoned temple, the already dull light of the everclouded world was only darkened within the dank, abandoned temple. Brushing his thumb over the sigil on his sword, the blade flickered to life, lighting the main chamber in an otherworldly red glow. Although the temple seemed to have been stripped clean by raiders, pirate, or other underworld types, it still retained it's more obvious ruinous scarring. "Daemonic filth." was all he said before turning to the host. "Begin scouring this cursed place of any marks of the ruinous powers, I'll have to call down the chaplin to consecrate this place before we can begin using it as a basecamp." Hannibal said, deactivating his sword, he stalked out into the rain to the landraider, knowing that it would take time he probably didn't have to make the temple a defendable fortification, from the Conclave that abandoned him, to the dissident populace that would likely react to his taking of one of their unholy sites, from the xenos threat that would likely emerge from the very jungles themselves, and finally against the daemons that might manifest should any other ruins in the area activate.

*IC*

"Inquisitor Deckan, perhaps you would be so kind as to put together an armed party, we can take my valkyrie to the ruins you mentioned. Once there we can investigate, execute the traitor if he is there, and be back in time for those Emperor damned orks. If possible I would like to be here when the orks arrive, not at some undefendable ruins in the middle of nowhere."

{Day 3 1000 TST- Inquisitorial Landing Site}

"Alright then. Captain Corvinus, could you please assign two of your men to stay at the camp here to help defend it. Ancient Cadmus, as much as I would love your company on this I fear the ruins may not be able to support your chassis and I'm sure your caliber of firepower would be best used here. I'll also be leaving my servitors here to assist in the defense." Decklan turned to regard Hayes once more, "Hayes, if you still want to see this trough then load up." This time Inquisitor Decklan turned to regard the conclave once more, " Load up, as much munition as you can carry. We're taking two Valkyries to the temple so we're talking sixteen people with supplies, divided yourselves accordingly. Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder Inquisitor Ryas but the show must go on." And with that Inquisitor Decklan turned and walked through the rain back to his arvus to retrieve a singular ammo crate of psycannon rounds. "I'm good to go."

(OOC; I'll leave ya guys 24 hours(or maybe 48... I might be working :) ) to post your various responses or actions but tomorrow we ride. :D )

Decklan turned to regard Hayes once more, "Hayes, if you still want to see this trough then load up."

Inquisitor Hayes let out a bark of laughter.

"Load up with what, Inquisitor? I have no more that what I carry, and my Astropath."

Turning to the Space Marine Captain and the Dreadnought who towered over him, Hayes asked

"Captain Corvinius, Revered Ancient, might I ask if you have any Bolt Shells to spare? My supplies were destroyed with the Firebird Rising, and I have no more than a single magazine."

Decklan turned to regard Hayes once more, "Hayes, if you still want to see this trough then load up."

Inquisitor Hayes let out a bark of laughter.

"Load up with what, Inquisitor? I have no more that what I carry, and my Astropath."

Turning to the Space Marine Captain and the Dreadnought who towered over him, Hayes asked

"Captain Corvinius, Revered Ancient, might I ask if you have any Bolt Shells to spare? My supplies were destroyed with the Firebird Rising, and I have no more than a single magazine."

Walking up to Inquisitor Hayes ammo crate carried in both arms. " 'Alf a dozen more in the Arvus help yourself Hayes. And as for your astropath, bring him. Communication is vital." And with that Inquisitor Decklan walked off to the awaiting valkyrie followed swiftly by 'Olmes.

*In character*

"Does the man think I have a ammunition-savant?", Hayes muttered under his breath.

He took a dozen bolt clips from the crate and pocketed most of them. Two went in a spare pocket of Fralon's, and he managed to fit a further two in the top of his heavy backpack. Hoisting the pack on his shoulders, he headed swiftly for Inquisitor James' Thunderhawk,

"Might me and my man take the remaining two seats on your craft, Inquisitor?"

OOC:

Inquisitor Ryas has transferred to the Emperor class Battleship.

IC:

In orbit Inquisitor Ryas felt the responsibility for the co-ordination of the Inqusitiors settle on his shoulders. Fortunately he was already in a position potentially more important for such an endeavour... Orbit. He listened to the plans and commandeered the secondary strategium as the servitors and tech-preists reconfigured it for ground-plotting. Though not as accurate as that afforded to a dedicated Leviathan command tank it would do. He felt suddenly like relaying some good news to the men on the ground.

"This is Inquistor Ryas. Forty minutes ago a fleet commanded by Admiral Dress arrived and will be taking up supporting positions. I am now commanding from the Emperor Class Battleship Inviolable. Dress informs me that we have 10 Regiments of Imperial Guard at our disposal including 2 Armoured Regiments and two Baneblades. If you need support just let me know. Find Basavriuk, I will do what I can from up here."

*In character*

"Inquisitor Ryas, I would recommend only bringing down the Guard as a last resort. You know as well as I do that Basavriuk is consorting with Daemons, and any Guardsmen that come to assist will not be making the trip back."

Listening to vox chatter Inquisitor Decklan couldn't help but chuckle at the turn of events. Thumbing the on button on his own com, "While I concur with the problem of bringing guardsmen into daemon areas the problem of the orks is still imminent. I would recommend both infantry regiments and the armored the baneblades may be overkill but you never can risk it with orks. Especially these ones, they've already proven to have holofields of a powerful sort. Its your lead Ryas that's just my vote." And with that he quickly ascended the ramp onto the awaiting thunderhawk. "Olmes, I want streaming orbital info, I don't want to go in blind here. And lets get that auspex cued up" Inquisitor Decklan then took his seat near the on board auspex.

He looked out the ramp and yelled, "All Aboard!" Chuckling to himself he said "I've always wanted to say that... Inquisitor Ryas we are good to go, keep us informed of the orks movements if you would please."

IC

Ryas listened to the comm chatter and sent down basic aknowledgements and went in to consult with the Imperial Guard and Navy Captains. He discussed the concerns of the Inquisitors on the ground and came to a decision. "Colonel Venar, get your Regiment groundside and reinforce the Inquisitorial camp."

As the colonel left the room Ryas re-established communications with the ground. "I have decided to send one Regiment down to reinforce the camp as a precautionary measure. The 131st Mordian Iron Guard. They will hit dirtside in one hour."

OOC

Listening to vox chatter Inquisitor Decklan couldn't help but chuckle at the turn of events. Thumbing the on button on his own com, "While I concur with the problem of bringing guardsmen into daemon areas the problem of the orks is still imminent. I would recommend both infantry regiments and the armored the baneblades may be overkill but you never can risk it with orks. Especially these ones, they've already proven to have holofields of a powerful sort. Its your lead Ryas that's just my vote." And with that he quickly ascended the ramp onto the awaiting thunderhawk. "Olmes, I want streaming orbital info, I don't want to go in blind here. And lets get that auspex cued up" Inquisitor Decklan then took his seat near the on board auspex.

He looked out the ramp and yelled, "All Aboard!" Chuckling to himself he said "I've always wanted to say that... Inquisitor Ryas we are good to go, keep us informed of the orks movements if you would please."

No more hive talk? sniffle..

IC

Stanislaus was falling, thick viscous fluid was surrounding him. It changed colors like oil refracting light. The temperature was also shifting, his ankles would be cold and his feet hot, then they would shift and other parts would change temperature too. He fell for what seemed ages, being tortured by more and more extreme changes. The noise was deafening, and silent. His nostrils were assaulted with the smell of rotting meat and roses at the same time With a shock to his senses the inquisitor felt his back hit open space, and then he started falling even slower. He couldn't turn over to see where he was going, all he could do was watch open air as he passed it. Then he started seeing things, memories, people places, the dead and damned. he watched his entire life pass him by while he fell. He hit ground.

Pulling himself up and looking around Stanislaus found that he was either on the ceiling or the floor of a room. The walls were all white and hazy, hard to focus on. He turned and almost hit himself on a figure that was standing on the opposite side of the room. She was inhumanly prefect. Her long sweeping hair reached down past her shoulders, her face was alive calming and warming him. Her eyes were a dark purple that drew the thoughts from his mind as he looked into them. She didn’t seem to walk or strut so much as glide when she moved that perfect body.

“Where am I?” He asked sternly as he closed his eyes to escape her.

“Your soul is with me silly man.”

He could still smell her perfumed body, having closed his eyes it made it all the more potent and intoxicating. He started to breathe with his mouth.

“So your still alive?”

“I’m glad I left such an impression on you the first time.”

He could feel the warmth of her body where he was but he couldn’t move further away. He was stuck near what felt like a furnace.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Oh I noticed that you had some problems with the big bad greenskins. So I was planning on helping. Because you would never ask for it, I’m helping without your permission.”

Her gentle voice was sending his mind into a haze. It was quieting every thought he had, yet set his body racing.

“And how are you planning to help?”

“By killing the greenskins of course.”

He could taste her breath. It made him hungry, his stomach was turning already wanting to be filled.

“HOW?”

“losing face that’s not like you. I have quite a few of the local populace under my control. In fact you could say all of them.”

“You expect that rabble to take out a waagh? Maybe you like staying where you are.”

She giggled and placed a hand to cover her mouth as she did.

“No I don’t, But they haven’t been armed yet.”

“Unless your planning to kill the conclave. There are none on this planet that would help them.”

“Silly man. Don’t worry about the inquisitors, I want them for later.” She said mockingly putting her enormous hand onto his head, “The greatest arms come from me alone.”

He felt her touch like electricity and he decided to move, leaping back, he produced two bolt pistols and aimed, and fired. The sound brought him to his senses and he watched with satisfaction the destruction they wrought. The daemon was shredded her torso cratered and bleeding.

“Oh such a tease Stanislaus. That’s why I need to spend more time with you. Maybe tomorrow night.”

And saying that the woman started pulling the inquisitors soul away, bit by bit. He couldn't stop it. he couldn't he...

Stanislaus woke up sweating and breathing hard in the cot that he was sleeping in.

Are you alright sir? asked harris

“I'm fine Harris." Thinking to himself stanislaus thought "She plans on mutating the populace and having them kill the orks. Knowing her she has already done it we just haven’t found out about it yet.”

In the Jungle not far from basavriuk.

The rain pounded down on Wade's shoulders, he was too busy watching the dead villagers to notice it. The parts that were exposed to the rain seemed to be changing, moving if you weren't focused enough on them, growing. Wade lost track of time while watching what was happening to the villagers. An idea came to him, wade took a cup from a nearby hut.

"Now if this rain makes parts of your body larger when it touches it. its safe to bet that it will work on me. Except for the fact that I've been exposed to the rain as long as they have and haven't been changed by it."

Wade looked at the village "Leader" a man that was dressed in inquisitorial stormtrooper kit, this one looked like it was one of basavriuk's own. wade watched as he changed too.

"Hold on a second. that means that my cancerous metabolism is the only thing keeping me from being popular with the catachans!" Wade exclaimed. Looking into the cloudy sky he raised his fist in defiance. "Damn you Nurgle! I know this is somehow your fault!" Thinking to himself, wade thought "I hate it when stuff like this happens." He looked at the hut that he had taken the cup from. He threw it back in disgust. The water from inside the cup got the floor wet.

"Stanislaus doesn't know, and that field keeps out even the rain. I need to tell him." Wade ran off away from Basavriuk and towards the inquisitor that employed him. After he had left the villagers started to grow claws, and their skin became armored and dark. While he ran Two words from the briefing on this planet hit wade's short term memory: Always Raining.....

Archived