The History and Legacy of Dorn's Betrayal

Aurelius Rex

Also, I don't think anyone here has thought of the fact that Lion el'Johnson could still be alive and loyal to the Emperor; maybe leading a parallel version of the Fallen, only they aren't bad. Am I on to something?

It's quite obvious: "although they have also been seen to appear from nowhere and destroy targets throughout the galaxy. The reason for these attacks has been hotly debated by Imperial strategists over ten millennia, with theories ranging from institutionalised insanity to that they are searching for, or trying to obliterate, someone or something..." (from the main article)

Also, I don't think anyone here has thought of the fact that Lion el'Johnson could still be alive and loyal to the Emperor; maybe leading a parallel version of the Fallen, only they aren't bad. Am I on to something?

It's quite obvious: "although they have also been seen to appear from nowhere and destroy targets throughout the galaxy. The reason for these attacks has been hotly debated by Imperial strategists over ten millennia, with theories ranging from institutionalised insanity to that they are searching for, or trying to obliterate, someone or something..." (from the main article)

I was aware of that hint towards a splinter group. We'll learn more on April 1st hopefully!

Edit: I will hate waiting that long for it though.

Well, I think we all hate the long gaps, but they're necessary :P

@Aurelius: Do we have permisson to write stuff useing DH material? Because I have a few ideas for a short story (I'm not sure when will it be done, my english is a bit rusty, so it's not an easy task to perform).

People can of course use the Dornian Heresy universe as a backdrop for their fiction. :HQ:

Just bear in mind that writing about the legions that have not yet been covered may result in the story getting overtaken by later information. Also, as is advisable in any fictional universe, including the conventional Horus Heresy universe, it is advisable to avoid using the most pivotal characters, so for instance, rather than write from the perspective of Khârn the Deathless, it would be better to write from the perspective of a World Eater captain you created yourself. :)

say aurelius, have you ever thought about covering every primarch from every angle (a MAMMOTH task of course)

Aka viable serious reasons in which every primarch may become every scenario for example

Mortarion

-nurgle (current)

slaneesh

khorne

tzeentch

The chosen one (aka Horus's position as such Dorn is in this ucrrent one)

and sanginius (which Horus is filling now

and etc etc

same with all of them really, every primarch has eveyr aspect of them covererd from every alternate universe :HQ:

... every primarch has eveyr aspect of them covererd from every alternate universe :)

That would result in my head exploding! :huh:

Uh, I can definitively say that creating even one alternate universe to the level of detail the Dornian Heresy is attempting is enough for me! I admit I was not the first to consider the alternate universes, but none I had seen had gone beyond the spitballing ideas stage... now I can see why! :D

People can of course use the Dornian Heresy universe as a backdrop for their fiction. ;)

Just bear in mind that writing about the legions that have not yet been covered may result in the story getting overtaken by later information. Also, as is advisable in any fictional universe, including the conventional Horus Heresy universe, it is advisable to avoid using the most pivotal characters, so for instance, rather than write from the perspective of Khârn the Deathless, it would be better to write from the perspective of a World Eater captain you created yourself. :)

Thanks for the permission, and don't worry, I have my own character ideals ;) Nice farseer talents by the way, the subject will be World Eaters :D

... every primarch has eveyr aspect of them covererd from every alternate universe :pinch:

That would result in my head exploding! :teehee:

Uh, I can definitively say that creating even one alternate universe to the level of detail the Dornian Heresy is attempting is enough for me! I admit I was not the first to consider the alternate universes, but none I had seen had gone beyond the spitballing ideas stage... now I can see why! B)

Aye, but we are so so so very glad you went far beyond the spitballing ideas stage. :lol:

Keep up the good work!

Well, I think we all hate the long gaps, but they're necessary :)

@Aurelius: Do we have permisson to write stuff useing DH material? Because I have a few ideas for a short story (I'm not sure when will it be done, my english is a bit rusty, so it's not an easy task to perform).

I just realized the the Dark Angels article could be an April fools joke...

There I said it.

• 4 weeks later...

Was doing some thinking about the World Eaters (love the concept) and this great idea came to mind. I pictured a ragged force, stepping out from cover, their white armor splattered with dust and blood, and walking into the teeth of an oncoming horde of Chaos Space Wolves with massive packs of daemon dogs loping forward and Marines right behind, swinging frostblades made of frozen blood or riding Khorne Flesh Hounds. Silently and in unison, the noble sons of Angron raise their Chainswords in martial salute in the face of near overwhelming odds. And what words do they say as they charge?

"Hail, emperor. We who are about to die, salute you."

The old roman saying gladiators (supposedly) gave before they died. It would work so perfectly for the DA Word Bearers. :D

"Hail, emperor. We who are about to die, salute you."

The old roman saying gladiators (supposedly) gave before they died. It would work so perfectly for the DA Word Bearers. ;)

Well, in my opinion the World Eaters would deny anything that is related to gladiator culture. Ol' Angron did not defy the slavers and despots of his homeworld only becouse the use of mind crippling implants, but because the whole inhuman system they created. To integrate anything from it would be an insult, no matter the terran reference.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wondered, if the Space Wolves are traitors, what's the alternate name of the Leman Russ tank? (Perturabo, or Angron would be perfect ;) ) What do you think?

It depends. Angron would be the obvious one due to the parallels with Russ but would the Iron Warriors be ones making the tanks in the Dornain universe?

Also, I have a question. Due to this being a mirror universe did the Fabricator General and his faction of the Mechanicus remain loyal to the Emperor during the Heresy?

It depends. Angron would be the obvious one due to the parallels with Russ but would the Iron Warriors be ones making the tanks in the Dornain universe?

Well, I'm not quite sure... I think the Mechanicus would still produce the tanks, but the Iron Warriors' primarch could be such an inspiration for the Imperial Army as Russ was in the canon universe. Yet again, if the relationship between Mars and the IW is tense, it's hardly possible the leaders of the red planet would name one of their most common product after a primarch who failed them. That logic leaves me with Angron (or Mortarion, if we throw him in the party as well).

Also, I have a question. Due to this being a mirror universe did the Fabricator General and his faction of the Mechanicus remain loyal to the Emperor during the Heresy?

Good one, why didn't I think of that? LOL :) I think I remained loyal, but was killed by someone, so Mars could be plunged into a civil war. That's my best guess.

Sorry to say but due to some RL issues the Dark Angels IA is not going to be ready for the intended April first posting date. While the good news is that I have sorted the issues that were causing the problem, and despite pulling out all the stops to get it completed, it simply won't be in a postable state by this Friday. That whole April 1st thing was tempting fate, in retrospect, but it was not intended. Again, many apologies!

The best thing I can suggest is that I reset the clock until Saturday 9th April, but if I manage to get it completed before this, I will post it immediately rather than make you wait any longer.

Oh, just some tantalising phrases to keep you going from the article in its current form... 'Exploding Thousand Sons', 'Watchers in the Dark carrying something other than the Lion Helm', 'Giant daemonic worms' and a new meaning to 'Walking the Spiral'... :)

Regards,

Aurelius.

@Kamikazebob - The Night Lords are up after the Dark Angels... and the Death Guard will actually be the last article in the series. It should be worth the wait, though. ^_^

Well, it's the usual routine... :) (No offence though, because it's always worth it :) )

Btw, what's your opinion about the issues mentioned above (the Fabricator General being loyal, and the name of the Imperium's most beloved battle tank)?

I had never thought about it but the Leman Russ needs to be renamed for The Fabricator Locum Khaine who I just got a feeling stays loyal in the tradition of not everything changes.

Also it could be named After alpharious and the baneblade could be renamed for Omegan.

Just for the pun it could be named after Cruze no matter what.

Good one, why didn't I think of that? LOL ^_^ I think I remained loyal, but was killed by someone, so Mars could be plunged into a civil war. That's my best guess.

Ah, a great shame. I was hoping he'd have survived and a more progress focused Mechanicus remain loyal to the Imperium. Perhaps the apparent stagnation of their technology coming from extreme caution when developing new equipment rather than total reliance upon Standard Template Constructs. Or something like that.

Anyway, sorry to hear that the Dark Angels have been delayed but RL obviously comes first.

Sorry to say but due to some RL issues the Dark Angels IA is not going to be ready for the intended April first posting date. While the good news is that I have sorted the issues that were causing the problem, and despite pulling out all the stops to get it completed, it simply won't be in a postable state by this Friday. That whole April 1st thing was tempting fate, in retrospect, but it was not intended. Again, many apologies!

I knew it was an April Fools Day joke! Trying to trick us, are we?

Archived