Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

Thanks all for your kind comments and praise - I'm glad you like the squad!

Some of you raised specific questions:

@ pattison: Yes, I'll try to take a shot of some, if not all, of the finished models. I say some, because I have the newest displayed in my cabinet and some of the others are in armybags.

@ 1000heathens: Thanks - but I haven't really thought about participating in the Golden Daemon. For one we don't have a competition here in Denmark and second I don't think my work is of sufficient standard yet to merrit any chance of going through the cuts.

@ Zynk Kaladin: Well, the gloss effect on the green parts is quite easy and nothing special. I just bases the models with Orkhide Shade (foundation) and put two lightly thinned coats of Dark Angels Green on top of that. That, plus the highlights, seem to do the job <_<

/vadskær

@ Zynk Kaladin: Well, the gloss effect on the green parts is quite easy and nothing special. I just bases the models with Orkhide Shade (foundation) and put two lightly thinned coats of Dark Angels Green on top of that. That, plus the highlights, seem to do the job ;)

/vadskær

Hmm, I'm gonna have to figure out how to do that with dark blue. Thanks!

;) :P

Fantastic Dread!

Thanks Pulse - did you first spot it now? :-)

I just noticed this whole thread a few days ago. The dread is indeed superb. Your stuff is pretty good prior to that but the dread is like "BAM! in your face wow". Excellent work.

@ Lord Ragnarok & Mr Damnation: Thanks a lot for your comments! Glad you like my work :(

A group photo was asked for - I didn't get all my collection in this one, but it captures what is currently on display in our dining room - a lot of Marines all posted here in the thread PLUS I got to show off my Imperial Guard tanks :-D

I apologise for the poor quality and lighting in the pictures but they where the best I could do on the fly.

Enjoy!

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_604422.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_1649404.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_2731171.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello all :)

Yes, I just finished my Magister, Chief Librarian Sevrin Loth. It took forever since I started working again from mid febuary and have been at it like mad ever since! So the daily hour or two of painting was suddenly reduced to a weekly hour or two :)

He was a real blast to paint although there was a ton of detail! I hope you all like him.

C&C always much appreciated.

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_145945.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_4095.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_130521.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_14974.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_102340.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_33601.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_174847.jpg

Hey Vadskær,

nice to see that you've decided to get Sevrin Loth a paintjob - and what a freakin' awesome job you did! Crisp and clean, I especially like the depth of the blue and the vibrant red...man, you still know how to do it! <_<

I've also played with the thought to get the kit from FW...honestly, I've been "inspired" by your stunning work on Loth's Honour Guard and of course by the work on the dude himself. The minis just look to awesome for not having them.

Yeah, only wanted to say that. ;)

Keep it up, please!

Snorri

Hello Gents,

Thanks a lot for all of your comments! I', glad you like how he turned out. He is super crisp and detailed and a pleasure to paint. I thought about giving him wings as his honour guard, but opted against it since he can gain the power of jump pack through a psy-power if need be.

Now I'm just wondering what my next project should be. I'm tempted to continue on my Stormraven, which I'll paint to match my Deathwing - ie. bone white.

But I might also like to do another dread....ah, tough choices and not a lot time to paint!

/vadskær

'evening all!

Here's a quick little update from me - I just finished a small piece and wanted to show it to you: a Watcher in the Dark, carrying the Lion Helm. He's not based yet since he'll go with Azrael on a 60mm base.

It was a glorious and fun mini to paint. Detail was nice and it was fun to switch between the robes and the ornate helmet. I tried a new highlighting technique on the red and added a final touch of pure bleached bone as an extreme highlight on a few choice spots.

Last, here's a little teaser from my next update: the Storm Shield of a Space Hulk termie which I've opted to paint in Deathwing livery.

Enjoy ;)

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_24621.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_14732.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_86376.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_82067.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_3695.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_11544.jpg

'evening all!

Here's a quick little update from me - I just finished a small piece and wanted to show it to you: a Watcher in the Dark, carrying the Lion Helm. He's not based yet since he'll go with Azrael on a 60mm base.

It was a glorious and fun mini to paint. Detail was nice and it was fun to switch between the robes and the ornate helmet. I tried a new highlighting technique on the red and added a final touch of pure bleached bone as an extreme highlight on a few choice spots.

Last, here's a little teaser from my next update: the Storm Shield of a Space Hulk termie which I've opted to paint in Deathwing livery.

Enjoy :D

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_24621.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_14732.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_86376.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_82067.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_3695.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_11544.jpg

Gorgeous artwork. I love the subtle highlighting of the DA figures at the beginning of the post compare to the librarian. I find the librarian is a tad OTT with the highlighting compared to the realistic and beautiful subtle highlighting on the other figures. I do hope there is more to come as your work is inspirational to all, both amateurs and professionals.

Gorgeous artwork. I love the subtle highlighting of the DA figures at the beginning of the post compare to the librarian. I find the librarian is a tad OTT with the highlighting compared to the realistic and beautiful subtle highlighting on the other figures. I do hope there is more to come as your work is inspirational to all, both amateurs and professionals.

Hey,

Thanks for your kind comments.

I rather think that I've become a better painter which shows through my increasing use of sharper highlights. Sure, I experiment with colours and light, and sometimes the highlights come off quite sharp in the photos. But I do consistently use extreme highlighting on power armour in general. I find that it adds more luster and depth to the model.

However, on some models, such as the librarian, where the base colour is quite dark, the highlights will seem more blatant. The Deathwing termie I'm working on now won't seem so OTT as you say - since it's base colour is so much closer to the sharpest highligt (bleached bone to skull white).

Cheers,

vadskær

Archived