Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

Good evening all.

It's been way too much time since I last posted here. I've been busy painting Dark Eldar and my first Skaven - the Warlord from the Island of Blood box set. It was fun to try some fur and some different paint-selections.

With the advent of Dark Vengeance I will for the future be back to my beloved Dark Angels (mixed with the chaos scum of course). The models are so incredibly beautiful and I look forward to painting every one of them.

First of is the grim Interrogator Chaplain, which I had a blast painting. I'm especially pleased with the back of the cloak and face.

Let's get some C&C from you :-)

All the best,

Vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_35858.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_57079.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_35811.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_110444.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_6357.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_100462.jpg

Very nice work Vadskaer :P Glad to have you back among us too and I can't wait to see the rest of the force painted up! Also, where are you posting your DE and Skavens? Over on Ammobunker or do you have your own blog now? *hint hint* ;)

All the best,

Ludovic

Thanks all for the very kind comments! I think this is by far my best miniature so far. I'm getting more and more comfortable doing bigger blending projects like the cloaks and also experimenting with new ways to combine color.

For example, the inside of the cloak is a 1:1 mix of scab red and liche purple, highlighted with increasing amounts of first codex gray and later fortress grey, with a pure fortress gray highlight.

@ BB Ludovic: Yes, I have a blot on the Ammobunker, but my latest Dark Eldar and my Skaven haven't actually made it online yet. I just threw myself at my Dark Vengeance box and didn't waste any time taking pictures of the other models.

@ Snorri: Whoa, quite some time. I started out with this one when I got my Dark Vengeance box, which was probably a week after release, and finished him last Sunday. But, I've also been sick for a week and a half, and am working 3 jobs at the same time....so of course that tends to slow down the process quite a lot. Usually though, I take however long it needs to finish a mini. I don't paint when i'm not in the mood or if I'm feeling tired or worn out.

Right now I've started out with one of the Chaos Chosen from the box. I'm going to try out a very different paint scheme than the official one, and make a baroque Slaanesh-chosen.

Over and out

/Vadskær

Smooooth, time well spent on blending the cloak. I'm amazed how good the black looks, it looks like a very simple edge highlight but when next to such subtle shading on the rest of the mini it looks perfect. Nice restraint my man, black scares me and I think you have shown me the way.

What I'd like to see from you is a blended armour Space Marine. I find that the black armour on the Chaplain is very bland. It would have been nice to see you do blending on all of the parts of the miniature :wub:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing that Chosen and I'll go have a peek at your AB blog soon B)

Ludovic

Smooooth, time well spent on blending the cloak. I'm amazed how good the black looks, it looks like a very simple edge highlight but when next to such subtle shading on the rest of the mini it looks perfect. Nice restraint my man, black scares me and I think you have shown me the way.

Thanks a bunch! :-)

It is actually just a simple edge highlight, but in three to four layers, to build up the color, starting with Adeptus Battlegrey, Codex Grey, Fortress Grey and finally a dot of 1:1 Fortress Grey and Skull White on some of the most prominent edges/points.

Gorgeous work on that chaplain.Particularly struck by the plasma coils, they stand out really well despite not having the popular OSL. Those helmet lenses are great, too. This is 'eavy metal level work, I hope you're sufficiently proud of him!

@ A Kvit Ghost, Olisredan: Thanks a lot - I'm glad you like him. I'm quite proud of him :-)

@ B.B. Ludovic: Sounds like a fun challenge. Can you find a picture of what you have in your mind? Just so we're on the same level :-)

/vadskær

Good afternoon all.

Thanks for all your very kind comments for my Interrogator Chaplain! I've had a couple of zany weeks at work, and this weekend is the first time in almost 8 days where I've had time to sit down an paint.

So, after a marathon session yesterday and today, I managed to finish my Chaos Chosen. I wanted, at first, to make a Slaanesh-dedicated champion but changed my mind after base-coating him. Instead I opted for an Iron Warrior!

I deliberately went for an extremely worn and aged look - a champion of chaos whose baroque armour and gear show his long, grueling servitude to the gods of the warp. His favor with the dark gods have begun to show as small mutations occur on his armour and backpack and the fires of madness shows in his red eyes.

Have at it gents!

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_6104.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_89052.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_4940.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_55882.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_84686.jpg

Wow, really cool ancient looking armour etc.

I also love the hazard stripes, many look over the top, yours look awesome and old.

CnC though, the base looks fake, kind of like dirt that has been carefully piled up just for him instead of battlefield rubble etc. I would either shape it more like dirt or change it out to look like broken masonry etc.

I see what you are trying to achieve with it, it's just not quite up to the minis awesome standard.

Respectfully

Stobz

Freaking awesome. I always look to your thread for inspiration. If you dont mind, Might ask how did you paint the worn look? Would like to try that for my own Dark Vengeance chosen.

Archived