DoW FoK and all new DoW 2: Warpstorm Over Aurelia

Blasphear

So the gameplay issues were just due to my ignorance, that said, although it appears fine in army painter, the pintle gunners on chaos vehicles as well as vindicators seem to always be Alpha Legion.

fear not one and all! pink boxes are gone! I would hold off on most bugs and such for a bit as most of them are gone in the internal and will be gone in the RC. Thousand Sons are in! in the next RC so will Screamers, Venerable Dreads and many many more. As well as some new win conditions, (if they arnt in already ;) ) Also, it looks like we are making some headway with the campaign. And I am at this very moment (or about to be) ripping some Guardsmen to bits with some vanguard Vets at victory Bay without any Scar errors (hopefully!)

@ Jodah. Im not sure what you mean?

Well, I finally got it. Here's my feedback.

-There seems to be a glitch with the Chapter Master. I've had every upgrade, a strategic point, a critical location and a relic, but I still can't buy him. I also only have one other HQ choice.

-When you purchase lightning claws for teh a Vanguard Veteran squad, it says in the description that you get a pair. However, only your close combat weapon is replaced by a lightning claw.

-The Land Raider seems far too fragile. I don't believe a bunch of Warlocks should be able to destroy it in seconds.

Everything else is pretty good. Do you know when you indeed to finish it? I mean complete the skins and what-not?

Glad to see you got through Corax. That is no glitch With the chapter master, you have to keep capturing strategic points (I think about 5?) before you can get him. one wont cut it. Landraider may have been hit by haywire bombs, or brightlances from somewhere else. I dont know the S of witchblades but most CC weapons wont even scratch a Rhino let alone a Raider!

Like I said earlier most skins are finished in the internal. The mod wont be finished fully however for a while. SS is the next port of call, with Inquisition, Dark Eldar and maybe some others?

well, lets see if i can explain this correctly. In the game options (im running the latest RC btw) there is an option to allow 50% larger forces (a box marked Massive Battles). Unfortunately, I'm only ever able to get 6 troops choices, 2 HQ, 3 Elites, FA & Heavy. So, where does the 50% larger bit come in? Seems to me that you're still limited by the force organization chart regardless of if that box is checked or not. SO, instead of the supposed 50% larger armies, why not allow a second detachment to be taken? or, if you do check the Massive Battles box, add the appropriate amount of slots. Which would make it 9 Troops choices, 2HQ, and either 5 (rounding up) or 4(rounding down) Elites, FA & Heavy support choices. Sorry if this makes no sense, it does in my head. Lolz.

this may sound silly but i am looking around trying to find the download. though I wonder if I have to be a member of modDB in order to get it?

as for the Warlocks nurfing a Land Raider. it is quite possble in the TT version against vehicles in general Warlock Witchblades and Singing Spears are s9 as it triples their str valve. so i can see a unit of them taking dwon a Land raider very quickly if the tank can't escape. i have seen to many of them go down to warlocks let alone farseers in my days.

hope to hear from you soon on he download question *tips hat*

p.s. that relic blade is beyond sweet for your cpatian and makes me wish to try and make one for one of my models in rl *takes picture from one of th eones here and tries to figure out how to make it.*

Hi there,

I just recently discovered the FoK Mod for DC, but it looks brilliant to me already :P

I have a couple of questions though, in regard to Downloading and Installation :P

• Will the RC1218 File work on its own? (Without any other Mod Files?)
  • If so, where do I put the .exe File?

Thankyou! :P

++Edit++

Also, your link for Downloading the mod takes me to the 40k Art Thread? :P

@ Blood_Raven. All files run on there own you just need to move everything to the DoWDC folder. if you look around ( I think my first post has where to place it). as for art thread. Thats my bad, comes from writing a post while talking on MSN. its all good now, should work.

@ Emelias. The Black Templar were only done in the first place because a single mod team member, had his own pet project. I wouldnt hold my breath for a DA army. but you never know?

Sorry mate missed that. Tutorials dont work as far as Im aware. If you have any Q ask here. badges and banners do show up, if they are in the right place. be aware that not all colour schemes have badges and banners. Are all of them not showing or just a few?

@ Emelias. The Black Templar were only done in the first place because a single mod team member, had his own pet project. I wouldnt hold my breath for a DA army. but you never know?

It's probably just as well. I'd probably go crying once I see them melt down a drainage pit when Fire Dragons decide to melt them into a pile of atoms.

Well, I finally got it. Here's my feedback.

-There seems to be a glitch with the Chapter Master. I've had every upgrade, a strategic point, a critical location and a relic, but I still can't buy him. I also only have one other HQ choice.

-When you purchase lightning claws for teh a Vanguard Veteran squad, it says in the description that you get a pair. However, only your close combat weapon is replaced by a lightning claw.

-The Land Raider seems far too fragile. I don't believe a bunch of Warlocks should be able to destroy it in seconds.

Everything else is pretty good. Do you know when you indeed to finish it? I mean complete the skins and what-not?

Warlocks are Str 9 vs vehicles, you dont think 10 of them, with three attacks a peice on the charge, are going to kill a landraider in seconds?

@ Blood_Raven. All files run on there own you just need to move everything to the DoWDC folder. if you look around ( I think my first post has where to place it). as for art thread. Thats my bad, comes from writing a post while talking on MSN. its all good now, should work.

Thanks, Blasphear! So, just to confirm, I download 2009_01_16_RC1218.exe and move it to the DoWDC Folder, and that's me ready to go?

++It's taking an awfully long time to Download, and it stops at about 2%. I'm downloding from the EU Server, which is closest to here? Should I switch to one of the American Servers?

Sorry mate missed that. Tutorials dont work as far as Im aware. If you have any Q ask here. badges and banners do show up, if they are in the right place. be aware that not all colour schemes have badges and banners. Are all of them not showing or just a few?

The tutorials still work (except for the BT as there is an error for them), but they aren't calibrated to the new units and such. Like for Chaos, it always fails at the point of getting a Chaos Lord out as it doesn't recognise that you've got one out and still asks for one. Eldar it's attatching the Farseer onto a Guardian squad, and you can't because the Farseer has it's own squad now.

As for the badges and banners, on the pinater they show up, and ingame they do on the shoulderpads. But the banners seem empty, just the background colour showing. I'll have to check that one but I'm pretty sure that I'm right.

EDIT: one more thing (yes another one :P), there's 2 Hellhound options for guardmen ;) I'm gonna assume the one that actually takes up abit of the vehicle cap is meant to be the Basilisk and not a Hellhound ;)

Thats what I ment.

OK, Chaos:

still run the same way they always did, however at the start of the game you HAVE to choose a mark of chaos. This will give you unique powers, units, Chaos Lord and Tactics. All Marks have their own daemons execept Nurgle (whos still in the making) And Undivided. you still have to create a Barracks and Armoury to reach Tier 1 then you must create a machine pit to reach tier two.

Black Templars:

again run in the same way as Space Marines. you can obtain the two main units at the 'Chapter landing pad' (HQ) and once you build the Armoury you are given the option of taking the Emperors champion. (He does not count as an HQ) So grab him fast. you will need to pic a vow before you do so however. click the Chapter Landing pad and select one of the four vows in the menu bar. other than that they advance just like any other Space marine force.

Imperial guard:

This force is different in the fact that you MUST pick a company doctrine. if you dont, no units will be available to you.

As for two types of hellhound, I dont know about that. their are two types of chimera, not hellhound. Did you take a look? make sure you did. what Doctrine did you take? The armoured company doctrine can not build Basilisks.

Take some screenies of that banner thing and i can help you further.

hey Blas. this may sound weird but do you need to have all the races unlocked for the mod to work properly? *is curious* i am workingon downloading i know its sa but the 4th time. the first 2 it just never worked and the 3rd the Winrar said the file was corrupt. :/

I've checked again and banners do work, just not in the tutorials. As for the tutorials, what I mean is that they do work, they just aren't calibrated with the new units. So I know how to upgrade strongholds and all that malarky, it's just the tutorials don't comply with the setup. And the BT one has a bad error so if I wanted to use the BT army in a tutorial it won't allow it.

Getting image of 2 hellhounds now

EDIT: Here they are. First is the actual Hellhound, the second is the, urr, other Hellhound.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/Hubernator/relic00117.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/Hubernator/relic00116.jpg

Also forgot to put up another pink box issue, not sure if you covered it. It's Khorne Chosen squad, when I added an LC to the squad.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/Hubernator/relic00115.jpg

EDIT2: I can't get my own badges on the mod :P Is that a fault or am I doing something wrong?

Archived