DoW FoK and all new DoW 2: Warpstorm Over Aurelia

Blasphear

Ah NO!

My computer had to be reset so I lost DC and had to re-install it...

Now, a Few questions I don't know the answers to due to it being ages since the first install before the reset.

1) How do I input my DoW Original key in so I can play as CSM in multiplayer?

2) How do I retrieve my password for multiplayer? I lost it and it was saved to the computer...

3) Why can't I get FoK working? It worked before the reset and now, even after installing it, I can't get it on the game manager. I also can't install patches due to not having the ability to connect...

It should ask you to input your code when you reinstall. I dont know how to retreave my password as I dont use Gamespy I use Hamachi. I would look in my DC root folder and see if everything is in the right place, PM me and Ill help some more :huh:

Oh, umm...It

s ok now...I made a new account (On which I WON'T forget the password), I installed the original and it asked me for the code, and I got FoK working after patching.

Looks good.

Are you guys using Maya or 3DSMax to render the models?

Either way, I have a couple of spare rigs that I can slave into a big render farm if you need it.

For those complaining about the pink icons and such- that means the game is loading a 'default' image because it can't find the upgraded unit icon. Could be that the icon was corrupted or just plain never got put into the game.

Off to work now!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at these great terminator units the team (horus) have wiped up!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/term1.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/thterminator.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/termiepowerfist.png

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/termiechainfist.png

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/libterm.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/termiechaplain.png

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/horusheretic/FoK/BC.jpg

What you think?!

These are looking ace! Can't wait for the next update, been having a lot of fun yesterday trying out all the new races.

A point of critique though, when your playing a really large map 8v8 in Skirmish with just 2 players it takes FOREVER for the enemy to attack you. They just sit there twiddling there thumbs, even after I goaded them a few times. (Throwing Whirlies on their heads)

That is true, but I don't want to wait 30 mins for it :lol:

Oh and I was playing on Standard difficulty, other two settings are a bit too much even in the original game so ;)

Well here's an interesting trend I've noticed for abit now. I've tried out a couple of 8 player maps, with 8 different teams of each army, on easy mode. Yesterday I tried it on Eldar to get some experience. Nothing weird there you must be thinking. Oh no.

Here's where it gets loopy; Necrons die first :( Tau are usually next, followed by the BT's. Then come the Orks, Marines and IG in a mixed order. So who was left? Our goody heretical buddies Chaos. Those heretics run riot, build a massive army of death, swarm every other team bar yourself and destroy them mercilessly, and without fail have been the last army standing (bar me) in every match that they are included in. The worst part is the blasted "slaves" or "heretics". They are sneaky devils that somehow escape your firepower and build everything right behind you so you don't notice.

And a tip for others: don't fight Chaos as Eldar because Eldar can't kill them like everyone else. It took me 6 Dire Avenger squads, 3 Warp Spider squads, the Avatar, the Farseer and her squad, 3 of them orange Eldar squads with transport, and 3 Fire Prisms. And all the squads were at max ;) Eldar aren't good enough anymore, except them green Eldar, those are good ;)

Eldar have the :) beaten out of them lol I was slightly surprised that Chaos lived longest. For me its alway thoughs bloody tau. Ai has been reworked to the max in the internal but the last races standing are always the hardest to beat. they grap all the LP and the like.

I've just started playing FoK and wow. the work done on it is incredible. really really amazing skins especially. Two problems, one is a small one, in the army painter there's a few space marine units that the green net still shows on, Sternguard and the captain i think. The other was the AI. I was playing on standard but I'll try on hard later, but the enemies just sat still and didn't build any offensive units. like I say, I'll try it on hard later but it was a bit easy to wipe out three enemies with 2 tac squads, a sternguard and three rhinos...

Ironically I'm now having issues with the mod. SOmething about Fatal Sacr Issue is the most common one. That or the game actually freezes and crashes, then prompts me to send an email to the developers ^_^ Commonly happens when I'm slightly swarming the enemy with my units :P

that is very odd. Scar is the code that runs the AI for the races. If you could identify what race/s are causing this that would be great. I dont know what could have gone wrong........ are you running it with a different mod? have you done anything with the files?

The only adjustments I've made to the files is new colour schemes, that and a failed attempt to make a Chapter symbol for one of my Chapters ;)

the army I was pwning at the time was Guardsman as Space Marines, (the latest one). I was mashing them good, then it paused saying "Fatal Scar Error - Executioin Failed". So I clicked menu, then resume game, and it worked again, to which I mauled the IG off the map. But the message stayed onscreen. So I was wondering what it was.

The crashing is weird. Usually it's when I've got a nice army and hacking away into the enemy base. Isn't really swamring since I can really swarm when I want to :lol: Anyway it gets to a point when I think too much is going on, like all my units are shooting (so for this case say 4 tacticals and 3 vanguards attacking) and then the enemy summons a unit of something. The game freezes, then promptly crashes and offers this e-mail :lol: Not sure if' thats the game, the mod, my laptop or my tactics

lol, well the email sends the report to relic so dont bother with that. You have done the right thing and reported here or at the forums. The scar error has just stopped the enemy from doing one of its fuctions eg meta bomb research. depending on what the error is for you can keep on playing but it may well be for movement and that wont make you game very fun. having the message stay on screen is normal.

CTD are very hard to work out as you need to find what made the game crash. and when you've played the same map 5 time and not found whats wrong it can be very tedious. I dont see why the game would preform before now and all of a sudden have these problems, try some different tac, but I dont think that is the problem either. Im not sure what you have done with you computer but ill ask the Mod team how to get the DoW error messages, so you can send them in and we can take a look. on last thing. what RC are you using?

Well I never send emails if it asks if I want send one so :P It might be the maps. It's really bad on multiplayer. I've tried a few times to do a multiplayer and it crashes either with a Scar error for me or enemy, or it crashes for some other unknown reason. That one is the most confusing because I can't fight anyone online :wink: And it's usually at the start of the battle so I'm wondering whether it's a connection issue.

And um what's RC?

Archived