Daemons and Planetstrike

Rahveel

It also appears the changling will be released for $13.25 US.

Slightly Off-T: Where did you hear this rumor? I can’t find it anywhere on the typical leaked rumor sites.

Please excuse this interruption and carry on. -OMG

In the Grey Knight novel, there was a scene describing an entire legion of Grey Knight dropping into a daemon-world to blanish some super-daemon.

To continue DevianID's story to reflect some of my thoughts (apologies for mismatch in style)

In the air, sentient clouds of warp magic lashed out with malicious energy. Coruscating bolts of Tzeentch sorcery turned scores of landspeeders and marine drop-pods into slabs of molten metal that blazed across the sky in trails of incandescent fire. On the ground, space marine war machines that had already made planetside moved forward into firing position to shield the tactical squads from the fury of the Khorne Bloodletters. Blessed guns mounted on the mighty Landraider Crusader unleashed a torrent of assault cannon shells which banished entire legion of Khorne daemons back into the Immaterium. However, their victory was short lived.

The rift erupted with a burst of warp flame and forth came entire phalanxes of daemonic war walkers. Bolter shells exploded harmlessly against its adamantium hull and even lascannons could not pierce its shields of warp-energy. In moments, the daemonic constructs smashed into the marine battle formation with gargantuan ferocity. Rhinos were toppled and crushed with its passenger still embarked, battle tanks cleaved asunder and immolated to the Soul Forge. Even the Space Marines, the most valiant and well-equipped warriors of the Imperium, could not hope to withstand the fury of the onslaught and perfect machinations of destruction that are the Soul Grinders. Knowing victory was an impossiblity, the force commander whispered a final prayer to the God Emperor before activating his locator beacon and called in a lance-strike from the strike-cruiser in orbit of the damned world

''And out strode Calgar, his armor and perfect white teeth gleaming. Pointing one oversized finger at the Soul Grinders he wishpered ''Bang'' and in one mighty explosion they where sent screaming back into the warp.'' :unsure:

It also appears the changling will be released for $13.25 US.

Slightly Off-T: Where did you hear this rumor? I can’t find it anywhere on the typical leaked rumor sites.

Please excuse this interruption and carry on. -OMG

FINALLY somebody noticed that little teaser! I saw it in the price change list and got excited.

Back on the Changeling topic, it's coming - whether as part of a greater 2nd Wave or just a small, Direct Sales release is unknown. No pictures and nothing at GD Spain either - so watch and wait really.

though, I think you should get 1 model of each army, and convert it slightly, then use that as a changling, that would work pretty well id think ^_^

Me and my friend were just discussing how daemons would work as defenders, and, yeah, we're interested too, though i prefer chaos marines, i've been known to dabble in daemons. eagerly awaiting planetstrike :P

Alright all, this conversation has already degenerated farther than it should have.

The topic is predicted Daemon tactics given what we’ve heard of the Planet Strike rules. Putting all fluff aside, we’ll give this topic one last chance to be productive or it’ll be shut down.

-OMG

Edit:

Right memeber, I have re-open this topic. However I will ask kindly that memeber do NOT

- Go off topic

- Flame other memebers

It not bright, it not funny & it unfair to the memeber who started the topic, seeking help & advice or to discuss area of the hobby with fellow memebers.

If you have a issue or find a post is none to friendly I suggest you use the report button, it is after all there for a reason.

I belive this topic is called

Daemons and Planetstrike

Let stick to it.

IP

Well I think the biggest boon in many ways to demons is the rumor that you can deepstrike out of assault on the initial turn of a game if you were already capable of deepstriking said unit.

Thatd be pretty sweet.

Well I think the biggest boon in many ways to demons is the rumor that you can deepstrike out of assault on the initial turn of a game if you were already capable of deepstriking said unit.

Thatd be pretty sweet.

Only for attackers though. Still, it makes a Khornate Army pretty much an Instant Win, as long the scatter dice play.

I'm actually thinking Slaanesh....having 6 elites and fast attack screams abuse Fiends and Seekers to me. Arrive anywhere within 18" and hit with 50 rending attacks.

Thatd be pretty sweet.

I have not heard anything on this (yay, new rumor!), but the way you phrase it confuses me.

so.. the first wave can deepstrike in, then any units in assault can deepstrike out again at the end of the opponents turn? well, that sounds cool for my Tz army, but any daemon unit that wants to be in CC (95% of the codex) wont benifit much as they are better stuck in with a superior CC foe, than sitting out in the open for another round of shooting.

I'm actually thinking Slaanesh....having 6 elites and fast attack screams abuse Fiends and Seekers to me. Arrive anywhere within 18" and hit with 50 rending attacks.

(0_0) ...... wow...... I mean, 6 elite slots in general for daemons is pretty brutal (ive had thoughts of all-flamer/herald force myself). thats pretty mean though.

Think about it...we all know how good fiends are in HtH, now if we could drop in 6 units of them, then assault on turn 1. If we get turn one, then we hit vehicle automatically and anything outside of LRs and Monolith blows up big. Any footslogger get munched instantly and most of slaanesh things comes with grenade so they can assault dug-in enemy and beat them with absolute ease...

Just too good to be true to be honest, I think what'd be fair is that we can only assault off icons. That'd make icon worth taking and Tzeentch herald daemon bomb will become the norm.

Not a rumor just a thought.

When city of death came out you could take a fortified building which would basicle stop frag grenades from working and the only way to counter would be Enginear(sp?) ability and it took up a slot.

With the new terrain comming out with the wall I wonder if the same will apply with it?

Just a thought that would hurt us not bad or even at all but could change tactics a little.

I personally think Icons are worth taking now, I don't see what peoples issues are with them. Yeah, they're 25 points, but to drop my 270 pt Bloodthirster down EXACTLY where I want him makes up for those points.

Has anyone even tried Daemons with CoD? I could see it being very nasty, with all that terrain. I've played on busy boards, but never full out urban, at least with my Daemons. My Death Guard are another story, and they seem to excel at it :D

with my shooty daemons i dont have a ton of need for icons, although I admit it would be nice to avoid the ocasional double sixes off the table. I am suprised more CC orented players do not make more extensive use of them however, for the reason you state.

never played CoD with daemons, not sure I would want to try with all that terrain. I guess the abundance of cover might make up for the horrific DS losses though.

Serious mode, be warned- Slaanesh is perfectly kid friendly, there are other kinds of desire to sex, though I'm not sure how you'd model any of them. But remember Slaanesh's realm is split in to 7(?) parts, and only one of them is about sex, you've also got food, power etc.

Has anyone even tried Daemons with CoD? I could see it being very nasty, with all that terrain
I have a few times, and it's absolutely fantastic for daemons. I scattered enough, and still I've only lost a couple daemons to DT tests. Gotta love those invul saves. But the major benefits: barely getting shot at all. Landing anywhere, with speeds usually unencumbered by terrain like other armies. Na, CoD with daemons is great. People are just complain :tu:.

kind of wondering how far you could push the slaanesh minefields in a family-friendly game store, though…
Slaanesh is all about different desires, not just the carnal. There are great examples right in the codex: Piles of gold (greed) with daemonic spirits that possess things that go in there; a gluttonous minefield, where there are sticks holding up awesome food over fiendish pit traps. Or lots of beds for the poor little IG to sleep. Maybe piles of weapons for the power-hungry. Beautiful gardens, where hubris ensares creatures and possesses them with more daemonic spirits.

Just use your imagination, as there are clearly plenty of ways to make daemonic minefields...

• 2 weeks later...

Next set of confirmed things in the book? These awesomenesses:

-All missions in the book are attacker-defender

-The defender gets to construct the board in any way he sees fit (including an unlimited amound of planetstrike terrain)!

-The following attacking forces ALL gain deepstrike:

a) Infantry

b ) Jump Infantry

c) Monstrous Creatures

d) Jetbikes

e) Vehicles with the Deep Strike rule

-Attacking units with the Deep Strike rule in their codex unit entry can assault the turn they deep strike!

-The Defender's bastions and any other defensive terrain piece with built in weapons CAN USE THEM at no point cost, at BS:2!

-Tons of cool strategems are available for both attacker and defender (including race specific ones). Here are couple of the coolest for your entertainment:

a) HELLESH CACOPHANY (DARK ELDAR-ATTACKERS ONLY)

The Amplified shrieks of the crazed worshippers of Khaine and the screaming of the damned grows ever louder, robbing mortal men of their wits.

~Defending models must subtract the turn number from their leadership characteristic.

:unsure: DEATH FROM ABOVE (SPACE MARINES-ATTACKERS ONLY)

When the Angels of death descend from the skies upon fiery contrails, the Emperor's enemies are filled with dread, they know that judgement is upon them.

~Defending units within 6" of a landing drop pod must make a morale test at the end of the Marine movement phase.

-A full 6 mission campaign is provided to allow players to recreate a full planetary invasion.

-Lots of cool fluff, pictures, and famous battles are listed. Many of these feature the Dark Eldar, and Space Wolves prominently, just saying...

Those first two are going to be FANTASTIC for daemons armies. Assault on the DS when attacking? Free guns when defending? It'll be great I think. Can't wait to see what else.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/06/40k...omment-10841277

Unfortunately, at this point it is up in the air as to daemons being able to assault on the DS (as they do not technically have the DS rule in their entry).

-The defender gets to construct the board in any way he sees fit (including an unlimited amount of planetstrike terrain)!

this+this:

-The Defender's bastions and any other defensive terrain piece with built in weapons CAN USE THEM at no point cost, at BS:2!

the 2 of these together make me worry. the real world rich player will have a major advantage against one with low funds.

:tu: DEATH FROM ABOVE (SPACE MARINES-ATTACKERS ONLY)

When the Angels of death descend from the skies upon fiery contrails, the Emperor's enemies are filled with dread, they know that judgment is upon them.

~Defending units within 6" of a landing drop pod must make a morale test at the end of the Marine movement phase.

Death From Above? Isn’t that from battletech/mechwarrior? Ah well... :D

Archived