What is the best online store for Australians?

well...

• 2 weeks later...

I live in New Zealand.

I have used Wayland and maelstrom recently.

Maelstrom were crap. I am still waiting for 1 piece I ordered 6 weeks ago or so. Everything else came in drips and drabs

They also sent a wave serpent instead of a fire prism and were not interested in rectifying there mistake. Also part of the order (a battle force) was meant to stay in England and the day before they shipped my order i confirmed the second address with them for the second time and they still mucked it up!

Also on the delivery boxes they state that the contents are worth 10 pounds. Is this not illegal/falsifying customs? The order was worth close to 300 pounds and has come in 4 separate packages over a month so far.

And i had insurance to the value of 50% of the order they told me... I wonder how that was affected by the 10 pounds written on the box?

Maelstrom offered me a refund. But it was more of a credit....

I did not take it, they wanted me to pay for the wave serpent and then they would send me a fire prism and THEN they would apply a 15% discount voucher. :cuss? I asked for a straight up refund (just for the price difference between a serpent and fire prism) and they ignore me.

Wayland? They were brilliant, delivery in about a week.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any good cheap online sellers of vallejo paints in New Zealand or Australia? I'm also after evergreen products. My local city has nothing in the way of modelling supplies. :(

Vallejo's NZ distributor is Battlefront Miniatures, who make Flames of War. Last time I rang them their paint range was fairly limited (to the paints they use in their 'packs'), with the only way to get certain colours from the by buying the complete colour set.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, should have posted here after getting my stuff. Wayland games got me my stuff at a great price with extremely tolerable shipping costs. If I had to point out any negatives I'd say that it took a few weeks (still in under a month) and one of my orders came in two seperate boxes two weeks apart. I'd prefer if they sent everything at the same time personally instead of this piece by piece thing but thats me.

Still, small negative aside, I'll definately still be getting stuff of them next time I order.

In case anyone is interested, I've come across an aussie company called back2base-ix. They sell resin stuff primarilly but they also sell *some* warhammer stuff. It might not be of use to you but you might find some pretty bases for your models. I personally bought specific models that came out of an Inquisitioner and retinue kit. Instead of buying the whole box liek you normally do, I was able to pick individual models I wanted. They have a very small range so might not be helpful for everyone...

http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just thought I should let you know about a company called gaming dragon. They offer alot of GW & FOW stuff really cheap, along with a few other lines, and even some forge world stuff, and hirst arts moulds etc. I live on the Gold Coast, and everytime I order, as long as they have enough time to process it that day (i.e I don't order just before they go home) my order has arrived in the post box the very next day..everytime. They're shipping costs are pretty low too.

You can find them at www.gamingdragon.com.au

• 2 months later...
Shipping to Oz from UK is relatively inexpensive.

Interestingly, i've never ordered from Wayland Games due to this direct quote from their shipping info page:

'Oz for some reason is very expensive to ship parcels to. But we will do our best to offer the best deal possible.'

I order alot from Maelstrom games, as i order for most of the other gamers in our town. Ive probably ordered over $2000 stuff from there in the last 18 months lol. Worst i had from them was stuff taking almost 2 months to come in, and even then it came in dribs and drabs. Best ive had, i placed an order on Saturday, and had it in my hands Wednesday morning.

I would also second The Pheonix Forge. Last i checked, they offered 20% of direct order items, and gave free shipping in Australia.

Well its time for another big order, so i thought i'd try out Wayland games prices and compare to Maelstrom. We are after some direct order stuff, which maelstrom doesn't do, but Wayland does, so i have a couple different prices, looking for the best overall.

Option 1, no direct order parts.

Ordering: 2 Blood angels Sanguinary Guard, 10 Black Templar Upgrade packs and 2 dark Angels veteran kits.

Maelstrom: $347.30

Wayland: $347.65 (including postage)

Now Wayland also offer direct order stuff, so I added the following: 2 Crimson Fists assault packs, 4 Crimson Fists Tactical Packs and 3 Crimson fists command packs.

From Wayland that brought the total to just below $470.

From Pheonix Forge, the direct order stuff came in at $165.30, which would put Wayland games way in the lead cost wise.

if i were to place a small order from wayland games like a rhino, would the shipping cost equate to or be more then just going into a gw store and buying one there???

everyone saying the shipping cost to oz is quite pricey, and yet they're also saying they've saved quite a bit... cheers

If you were going to buy just one thing like a rhino, then maelstrom would be the way to go, as you get free postage. Let me look it up for you...

Maelstrom: ~$26.8641 delivered.

Wayland: ~$29.6832 delivered.

GW Australia: $50 pick up.

thanks a lot Barn... i was enthusiastic about maelstrom, but after reading through a few threads they have an untrustworthy reputation, as in supplying the wrong models and missing parts with poor customer service to rectify said problems, but if you have used them before and could recomend them ill give em a bash, cheers...

also how did you calulate the shippig costs for wayland??? much appreciated

thanks a lot Barn... i was enthusiastic about maelstrom, but after reading through a few threads they have an untrustworthy reputation, as in supplying the wrong models and missing parts with poor customer service to rectify said problems, but if you have used them before and could recomend them ill give em a bash, cheers...

also how did you calulate the shippig costs for wayland??? much appreciated

I actually just checked the boxes that my delayed order came in, and they were all actually sent on the same day (according to the UK postmark). So they delay to some to boxes must be Aus Posts doing. So i really cant complain about them at all, from my experience.

As far as calculating the shipping from Wayland, just add everything you want to a shopping cart, and head to the checkout. It will show you how much the shipping, and total for your order is before you have to commit to buy. I then take that amount and convert it to Aus dollars.

You can actually do that at both maelstrom and Wayland, so i would recommend getting 'quotes' as it is from both then choosing the cheapest.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have to go with Maelstrom on this one, I always order my GW stuff (and other hobby supplies) from them, with a large discount from normal GW prices and free shipping, bargain!

Be interested to see how you go with this one mate, I'm keen for the new BA gear, and a half the GW Oz prices, Maelstrom seem pretty awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, try ebay with US merchants or any US merchant, with the way the US dolla is traveling against the AUD the GSW models are almost half price!!! do a batch order of sprue models and only thing worrying about is postage. best way to buy for cheap, and alot is not second hand but NIB.

hope this helps, my last big order was done this way, all my small orders i just get from my local GSW cause of ease

• 3 weeks later...
@aneato in reference to what shop? or in reference to buying from overseas. cheapest from US is standard first class US mail. it wil take 1-2 weeks, so no earlier than 5 working days, no later than 10.... (although i have waited 14 before) it all depends, and remember if ure ordering from UK u got the whole volcano thing atm. soooo buy from US, US to AU is uninhibited, hell you may even get it faster with spare jets laying around.