What is the best online store for Australians?

well...

Shipping to Oz from UK is relatively inexpensive.

Items over a certain size and individual weight are an issue with Airmail (2kg weight limit) so sometimes items have to be opened and split into multiple parcels.

We have Vallejo in stock all the time and the shipping to oz is cheap. You might want to take a look at our eBay store though as it works on a different model and the shipping worldwide is cheaper (max £1.50, mostly free if you spend over £10)

So Wayland Games is shipping to Australia atm? or is that currently slightly outdated? cause i was just reading there statement on one of their items and it says they cant :S which makes me sad..

To my knowledge Wayland still ships to Australia, just not GW stuff. Makes me wish I had continued with the hobby a few years ago before this ridiculous ban.

Have any other decent Australia-accessible retailers come to anyone's attention? I'm planning to give Black Cultist a go, will be sure to have a little whinge if something goes wrong :P

Sorry for resurrecting this old and rightfully dead thread yet again but!!

Below is a list of the basic army i was thinking about getting.. and a list of prices from the websites. i know we can't get them shipped directly to AUS but as we have family and friends in the US and UK.. what my brother did was buy the stuff from Maelstrom games and then have a courier pick them up from there place and ship them back to Aus. i was thinking about doing the same thing.. and was wondering which store i should use.. having read alot of reviews saying Wayland was one of the best. And it seems it would be cheaper then getting them in from GW or some of the other Aussie Stores (depending on the price of shipping)

Chaplin

Furioso Dreadnought

20 Man Assault Marines

10 Man Death Company

Storm Raven

Games Workshop -$536.00 AUD AUS

Wayland Games - $239.36 AUD UK

Maelstrom Games -$278.62 USD UK

Gaming Dragon - $432.10 AUD AUS

Alpha Hobbies - $433.60 AUD AUS

Mini War Gaming -$286.49 USD USA (Sale ~$380)

Games Empire - $393.20 AUD AUS

GCubed - $542.00 AUD AUS

Wargame Store - $271.22 AUD UK

Total War Gamer -$261.30 AUD UK

Phoenix Forge - $433.60 AUD AUS

Combat Company -$382.92 AUD AUS (No Chaplin B))

Milsims Games - $406.50 AUD AUS

Darksphere - $225.87 AUD UK

on a side note Screw You Games Workshop! ;)

Edited by maxybond

We're so ripped off in Oz.

I mostly buy 2nd hand now and pay for the odd mini that I can't source. I refuse to be gouged when the other half of the world are treated differently. *$%@ you GW. Now chasing off more customers than ever.

please be sure to let us know how well it goes.

Cost, delivery and all that! :)

Finally got around to placing my order with Black Cultist on 02/03, it was dispatched on 08/03 and I got it today (13/03). For both the 5th Edition Rulebook and C:SM I ended up paying $118.25, including the $5 postage (10% GST included in the total). BC certainly don't lie when they boast about having 25% off the RRP.

The books are in perfect condition and arrived in thick and well taped packaging. My next order should include a Tactical Squad, Scout Squad, Scout Sniper Squad and a Razorback. I'll post as to the condition and service once that order is done and received.

The only fault I have noticed with them at present is a lack of Independent Characters; I'm having to get my PA Librarian and (eventually) Vulkan through GW themselves. BC do offer some characters though, such as the TDA Librarian.

Sorry for resurrecting this old and rightfully dead thread yet again but!! .

I have to disagree with the "rightfully dead" part - us Australian 40k fans need this thread more than ever. Unless we have family overseas, we need every little bargain we can get. Geez, I feel like I'm on Today Tonight spruiking their new 'supermarket price check'. ;)

We're so ripped off in Oz.

I've gone from spending most of my disposable income on video gaming to Games-Workshop. Just can't catch a break in this country B) (of course, my choice has a lot to be desired in that department :P )

Edited by Spazzola

All is not lost!

The simplest way around the ludicrous GW shipping ban is a parcel forwarding service. Most offer to combine all your parcels into one to save shipping costs. Basically you can shop at multiple stores to find the best price and then have them sent to the parcel forwarding company where they box them all up and send them out to you.

http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/

http://www.skypax.com/

There are plenty in the USA as well.

Edited by Spore

Thanks for that, Spore. I'll definately have to look into that.

As for Black Cultist, apparently GW have hit the site with higher costs. Quoted straight from their latest Facebook post:

Important Announcement - Price Rise Imminent.

As you may or may not be aware, as of today GW now charges me even more for their products... This will mean I will have to reduce the level of Discount I can offer you all. I will be maintaining 25% off for the rest of March and it will be reduced from the first of April. The Discount will change to somewhere between 20 and 24% off RRP. I will let you know what it will move to as soon as I can finishing crunching numbers. Obviously the more volume of products I can sell the bigger the discount I can offer. Spread the word, let more people know about Black Cultist and I can try and keep the prices as low as possible.

All is not lost!

The simplest way around the ludicrous GW shipping ban is a parcel forwarding service. Most offer to combine all your parcels into one to save shipping costs. Basically you can shop at multiple stores to find the best price and then have them sent to the parcel forwarding company where they box them all up and send them out to you.

http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/

http://www.skypax.com/

There are plenty in the USA as well.

I've heard these types of sites are good, has anyone got any actual experience with them?

Thamks

stobz

http://www.shipito.com/

I've used these guys before for the USA only not for GW products. Very simple process, I think it cost 9 bucks plus shipping for my items. The shipping costs are fairly standard really.

All in all I found it to be just the same as all my other overseas purchases.

I've not had any dealings with the company's I mentioned before for shopping in the UK, however that will change in the coming months I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If you send them an email or FaceBook message, Black Cultist can get in stuff that's not listed on their website. The discount will be lower though as they have to pay more to get the stuff in.

Incidentally the bloke who runs BC also runs the Canberra Good Games store, which is a great place to play if you live in the ACT or nearby.

• 3 months later...
It sounds like I need to stock up before emigrating in January! I'll be living in Canberra, so is the GW any good for games, or are there local clubs which are better?

On a better-late-than-never note, there are a couple of good gaming clubs in Canberra. Good Games Canberra had plenty of nice tables and good staff, and run pretty regular gaming days in a number of systems. Look them up on Facebook. There is also a club at the Australian National University, open to non-students as well as students. Look for ANU Wargaming Society.

Any good online places to get Vallejo Model Air paints? Black Cultist only carry GW's paint ranges, and I'm trying to get the hang of airbrushing so I want to remove paint consistency as a variable while I learn.

• 6 months later...

I would have to say type discount games store into the search on EBay. Easily would have to be cheaper hands down.

bought 3 whirlwinds from them and exchanged 2 of for a vindicator and predator all for AU $142.87 + $19.63 p&h..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cheapest i've found so far is <a data-cke-saved-href="" href="" "="">http://bunkergames.net, its 25% off GW RRP and they have further discounts on some things often.

EDIT: it also has free postage to Melbourne metro and regional Victoria.

Are they still operational?

They have yet to reply to my contact request about Grey Knight Terminators...

Are they still operational?

They have yet to reply to my contact request about Grey Knight Terminators...

As far as I know, they have the new Eldar models and have posted a few things on the site about sales for this month.

• 3 months later...

One of the best is Aliexpress.com , they have ultra cheep Warhammer products e.g. Eldar Guardians on GW Website: $55.00. On Aliexpress: $25:00! Plus free shipping!

Another one is Games Empire which is also discount but less.

Hope this helps,

The Architect

• 3 months later...

One of the best is Aliexpress.com , they have ultra cheep Warhammer products e.g. Eldar Guardians on GW Website: $55.00. On Aliexpress: $25:00! Plus free shipping!

Hope this helps,

The Architect

Yeah, but because aliexpress uses resculpts they can send out some dodgy stuff. I did get a pretty good Mephiston model off them but you can get some dodgy models. Find yourself a high quality recaster by looking through blogs. I know one if anyone wants his email.

Hope this helps,

The Architect

Yeah, but because aliexpress uses resculpts they can send out some dodgy stuff. I did get a pretty good Mephiston model off them but you can get some dodgy models. Find yourself a high quality recaster by looking through blogs. I know one if anyone wants his email.

I realise this makes me sound like an advertiser, I'm making a large order of tyranids and they should be ready around march, I'll take some pictures if anyone wants

• 8 months later...