ODM returns

ODM

That Consecrater is cool. Different colours he'd look just like something off the covers of a HH novel -- really caught the pre-heresy look well. A great addition to your crusading Veteran squad -- (or is it Unforgiven Deathwatch :)).

your crusading Veteran squad -- (or is it Unforgiven Deathwatch :().

I love that idea. For more covert operations in weeding out the fallen, these vets (who we can say are part of the 1st companies of their respective chapters) ban together and done regular power armor. Makes sense too as it would be less of a toll on the DA/successor forces if only one vet from each chapter joined rather than committing a who squad of vets from one chapter.

Of course if you already have fluff for these fellas joining together, so be it. Isiah's comment just piqued my interest.

And as everyone else has already said, they look great. You've done a better consecrator than is in the DA codex... they should use yours for the next one (though the non-GW parts would make them cry).

That's exactly the direction I was thinking. Veterans pulled from each Unforgiven Chapter to hunt the Fallen.

So I've done the 7 known successors, and we can assume a DA gets added. If only there were two more I'd have a set on 10.

There are loads of DIY chapters out there with tremendous fluff. Just choose a few of those if you are short. If none take your fancy just make up a few colour schemes of your own. I hate to plug my own Successor Chapter but you are more than welcome to use it if you want :o

That's exactly the direction I was thinking. Veterans pulled from each Unforgiven Chapter to hunt the Fallen.

So I've done the 7 known successors, and we can assume a DA gets added. If only there were two more I'd have a set on 10.

I love this squad ODM. .. mainly as a squad I have planned is the antithesis of your squad. .. I've wanted to start a fallen army with a Thousand Son slant for quite sometime and the centre piece was always planned to be a squad of Fallen joined by a heretic from each DA successor :)

I wont be able to match your skill with model and paint though but I'll still enjoy putting it together. ..

Edit: Perhaps if you run out of successors just add two more DA to the squad. .. until another option comes along, after all they are the parent chapter (maybe give them different squad designation to separate them). ..

I love this squad ODM. .. mainly as a squad I have planned is the antithesis of your squad. .. I've wanted to start a fallen army with a Thousand Son slant for quite sometime and the centre piece was always planned to be a squad of Fallen joined by a heretic from each DA successor :confused:

I wont be able to match your skill with model and paint though but I'll still enjoy putting it together. ..

Edit: Perhaps if you run out of successors just add two more DA to the squad. .. until another option comes along, after all they are the parent chapter (maybe give them different squad designation to separate them). ..

What?! Heresy! Actually, that sounds like a good squad too. A Fallen Successor squad.

Here's the next step in my Fortress. I completed the second bunker and cannon.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortressbunker2.gif

Now it's just the giant tower to go.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresstowerwip1.gif

Nice looking Fortress, I cant wait to see the central Tower completed.

Me neither, it's a beast! I wish some good samaritan would show up and paint it for me.

Im too busy painting a LRC and finishing converting up my DW command squad and finishing touches on my new Belial. Thats going to take me a fair few weeks, can you wait that long?

EDIT: Yes I will eventually get some pictures up but I need to find my digital camera first :wallbash:

Im too busy painting a LRC and finishing converting up my DW command squad and finishing touches on my new Belial. Thats going to take me a fair few weeks, can you wait that long?

EDIT: Yes I will eventually get some pictures up but I need to find my digital camera first :)

lol, I've decided it needs to be done this week, before I work on any other new projects.

Here's the first big step of progress on the tower. It's a big freaking monster. Next I think I will paint the details around the top, spotlights, control panels, etc.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresstowerwip2.gif

I got the details at the top of the tower done. Time to take a break.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresstowerwip3.gif

I've been trying to find info on the Shadow Guard for use in my own mixed Unforgiven Force. I remember a pic from before the Fortress site got revamped. Bone Armour, Brown Robes with a Black Skull for the Chapter Badge.

The other Successor I chose that is the Angels of the Lion painted by Sandalaphon. Perhaps you can do the same.

Awesome work ODM! I can only look enviously and be awed at the progress you are making with the project. I too can't wait to see the finished product. Are you planning to base it on a fixed base (it would take up a hell of a lot of storage space) or will it remain free standing? Once you have completed you should expand it with the bunkers from another Fortress of Redemption kit!! :rolleyes:

As for successor chapters one option would be to consider the Angels of Vigilence. Although not truly and officially a DA successor, they did take up station on Pervigilium after the Dark Angels cleansed that world and all remain a mystery...just the right MO for the unforgiven. Their armour colour of gold and black and black robes would contrast nicely with the rest of the unforgiven.

GMB: The Shadow Guards and and the Angels of the Lion are both unofficial chapters. You can find the Shadow Guards Strike Force Zadakiel and the Angels of The Lion in the relevant sections of the Frortess with some images that might help you.

Thanks guys. Here's the next step, I got all the gold and silver done, and then the washes on top of that.

Only highlights, some lenses, and then some clean up tomorrow and this baby is done!

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresstowerwip4.gif

SG, I actually have the Angels of Vigilance in there already! I've done the official six from the new codex and the Angels of Vigilance too. I think the Shadow Guards and Angels of the Lion might do it. That would give me 9 Successors, and then a DA makes 10. After I finish the tower tomorrow, I'll start modelling up the last 3 Veterans, Shadow Guards, Angels of the Lion, and a Dark Angel.

Here's the final tower...

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresstowerfinal.gif

And even better, the finished Fortress!

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortressfinal.gif

Sometimes less is more InKarras! In the end I wanted it to look like a functional, gothic building. There's so much stuff that could be painted, I found myself making some hard decisions, so I am not sure I didn't go the extra mile. Trust me, it would have been much easier not to paint all those freaking skulls and to paint the banner instead. Anyway, who knows, one day I might decide it needs more color.

Mr Stevens, there's a tutorial a few pages back using the walkway section.

Here's a quick group shot with about 1/2 of my army. The fortress holds 35 models. Pictured inside, 2 x 10 man tacticals, 1 x 10 man devastator, and a command squad.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fortresswithda.gif

Thanks Hashshashin.

I've decided to round out my Veteran's squad. This will fill out the squad of 10. I'll have a DA, an Angel of the Lion, and a Shadowguard.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/vetslast3.gif

Archived