ODM returns

ODM

I suppose your right I was just surprised the banner wasn't painted with some sort of slogan on it was all. Origionally I didnt even see the skulls at the bottom so it isn't devoid of color, just was surprised a little.

Its all looking great, I love the fortress. YOu seem to have painting fast and neat down to an artform. I just wish I could finish my SW drop pod as quickly,

Thanks Beef. Lots of time on my hands. Thinking ahead to my next project after the veterans...hmmm...

You'll all be pleased to know I got in a game using the Fortress and the mission from a recent White Dwarf. It was awesome.

Two fully painted armies, DeathRaven (me) vs Black Templars, fighting over the fortress on the store's GW Realm of Battle terrain table with actual rubble terrain for destroyed bunkers. It was like a WD battle report come to life.

I was defender, he ended up destroying the two bunkers to get my termie squad and Belial out, then snuck a squad in the tower just as my reinforcements reached the foundations, so I had to destroy the tower on my very last shot of the game to dig him out, meaning no one could win. I killed the last squad in hand to hand in the rubble and my surviving termie squad got to ponder the result standing in the ruins. A draw for the ages.

Great cinimatic moments: Belial and High Marshall Helbrecht killed each other in close combat fighting over the entrance to the tower in the rubble of one bunker. Our drednaughts also destroyed ech other in the final CC brawl in the middle, one penetrating hit a piece, two dead dreds. And finally, best of all, the entire Fortress turned to rubble at the very end. Perfect.

I really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing your fortress come alive and ultimately destroyed in epic battle. Terrific stuff ODM. Got me out of my 40k slumber....

Look forward to seeing more.

ZeussS

Dark Angel lost in the warp

• 2 weeks later...

After a break to work on some IG stuff, it's back to the Dark Angels. Before I paint the veterans, I got a sudden desire to add some more Ravenwing.

I raided my bitz box to make up another 1/2 squadron, a support LS, and a bike Chappie.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/rwadditionswip1.gif

Here's a closer shot of the chappie. He's blurred because he's moving so fast! His hood still needs to be greenstuffed, but otherwise I'm very happy with him. The jetbike parts were from another brother on this very forum, but my memory fails me as to who (I've had them sitting around for a couple years!). Maybe someone else knows?

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bikechappiewip1.gif

Tomevans. The jet bike uses some parts designed by one of the other brothers here, combined with the bike chasis and RW sprue parts. Unfortunately, I've had the parts for a couple of years so don't know if they're available any more.

The green coat is the way - got this speeder in a trade. The RW will be the traditional black when I paint them.

Ah I see, fair enough. Just one little tip, on second glace the jetbike may need some horizontal wings at the rear as it looks a little streamlined for an Imperial vehicle. Even pre Heresy stuff is reasurringly bulky and it would help the jetbike more closely resemble Sammy's. Could you pick up some of Sammy's back wings seperately from the rest of the model?

Hi ODM - loving the idea behind the Jetbike - nice to see that kind of originality in conversion. However I'm not sure about the look of the front. Just my opinion but looks a little too heavy on the nose, almost like it could drop off. Can't wait to see it painted up as maybe the effect wont be so pronounced. Im working on my own jetbike honour guard for Sammuel so watch this space.

Here's the work for the day. I primed the RW, painted the bases, and greenstuffed the chappie's hood.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/rwadditionswip2.gif

Very nice work, just red the whole thread...

Do you have an armylist for the scout-army you were doing in the beginning ? Or are you just painting along and see what comes out of it ? :lol:

Awesome to see someone painting/making stuff this fast and making it look good at the same time.

Like some other member(s) said, it pushes me out of my painting-slumer (or is that painting-hibernating ?).

Keep it up !

I wasn't feeling the bikers tonight, so I jumped back to the veterans.

I made quite a bit of progress tonight on the time consuming details. I'm obviously working bass ackwards on these guys, but it's just what I felt like painting.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/vetslast3wip.gif

Nice looking vets, which successor chapters are they going to be again?

Thanks Tomevans. They are going to be a Dark Angel, a Shadowguard and an Angel of the Lion.

I finished two of the Veterans today, the Dark Angels Vet and the Angels of the Lion Vet.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/vetslast3wip2.gif

http://odmiller.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/vetslast3wip3.gif

Tomorrow it's the last Vet, the Shadow Guard.

Archived