Perditia

Donkey Kong

They all look great, Ferrus. I think the metal part look more like metal now, but I think the highlights should be more extreme, to give the impression of shinyness. It works for the chest eagles, but the pad rims a a little flat in comparison.

I agree 100% with keeping the WE scheme simple. They're no-nonsense soldiers, and place little importance in decorations. Only one small thing, I think it looks better if the helmet stripe stops at the tip of the foreheadplate, without going down on the faceplate.

And shouldn't the Arctic Lions blue be a tiny bit more pale (or towards Cyan in terms of color)? Just to enhance the coldness?

Can't wait to see what you're planning GHY.

EDIT: The way I see it, the main Imperial action to gain the upper hand is the assault on Ferze's Palace: A surgical strike, lead by the WE and the DH, to take over the capitol of the ACN and to kill the Enemy leadership. When I wrote the first parts of my story ( which I'm not sure still is viable for the booklet? Question mark? ) I envisioned the attack to consist of a rapid advance on the Palace and the Capitol, then a vast fleet of both Astartes and Navy vessels come in, secure air space, and then spreads out from the Capitol, taking down anything that tries to help the rebels in the capitol. So in my mind there would be a lot of air fighting here.

That was just my initial idea, and I'm not sure if that is a strategically sound way of doing it or anything...

Can't wait to see what you're planning GHY. :huh:

Oh lordy me the pressure is on now. It was just an idea! Don't expect too much! I'm just a simple scribe!

Whether I had a good idea or not, now I have to pull something decent out of my head to make up for mentioning it! :D

Ah well, perhaps a little bit of pressure will do me good. The idea was for another scribes piece by the way, though since reviewing the thread recently I've had different inspirations for different things too, but I will say even less about that lest I get mugged for my creative juices on my way out of this thread!

Can't wait to see what you're planning GHY. ;)

Oh lordy me the pressure is on now. It was just an idea! Don't expect too much! I'm just a simple scribe!

Can't wait to see wh- Oops, too late. :mellow:

Whether I had a good idea or not, now I have to pull something decent out of my head to make up for mentioning it! ;)

Ah, that looks like the same thought process that happened to me when I was detailing the adventures of Filo and Altram. :P

If that is a good thing or not, however, is open to interpretation. ;)

Disclaimer: This is a very first-ey draft of the idea I had. I have not once re-read it, edited or otherwise altered it since I wrote it not long ago. I needed to get it down in the spur of the moment or risk losing the idea I had in my head when it finally formed properly.

As such it may use the wrong terms for some things, mis-state some facts from the campaign and so on and so forth but I didn't want to stop writing for too long and let it all slip away. It really, really does need some editing and reformatting for a lot of the grammar used, repetition of phrase and so on but it's a start. It also gets out of me being under pressure for too much longer! :ermm:

My idea was basically to write something 'from the other side'. Nothing too military and nothing too preachy or anything that delved too deeply into the anti-Imperial sentiment present, there is plenty of other stuff about that around.

Here's hoping it's suitable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance officer Corvan ran his hands over the flashing control boards in the World Train's cockpit. He swallowed hard, the lump in his throat refusing to be disloged. He knew what he was expected to do, he had done it hundreds of times before but always under the watchful gaze of a Mechanicus adept. He was just a lowborn engineer, his job was to keep the fuel lines up to code and keeping the cockpit clean. The heavy thud of military issue boots reverberated off of the hallway behind him, marking the approach of one of the ACN's garrisson.

"What's the hold up Engineer? Get this train moving, now."

Corvan nodded over his shoulder and pushed down on the palm-plate in front of him, slowly sitting down in the pilots chair. He was the pilot now and only because his palm print was the only one left that would start this particular motor. If only they hadn't murdered the Mechanicus adepts! Every time they moved this train he felt as if he was being thrown to the beast outside. 'Engineer', the title galled him, implying more knowledged than he had been allowed to possess. This one didn't even call him by name, not since the last officer was torn to shreds on the now off-limits platform further down the line.

"Emperor damn them, I never wanted this. Now we shall all die."

Suddenly the train lurched forward, the ancient motors accellerating towards their full capacity. The train had never run so fast in all his life but now the Imperium was upon them, they could not afford to slow down, lest the warriors of the Emperor find them and take it from them. He was not a soldier but now he knew if he did not help the revolutionaries they would kill him while if the Imperial troops overran the train, they would kill him for working with the traitors.

Sighing heavily Corvan leaned back into the pilots chair, feeling the stress and heartache weigh him down like lead weights on his limbs. Gazing out the window he noted the soldiers crouched in their barricades around the station entrance passing by as the train accellerated onwards. A sudden flash in the sky drew his attention, pulling him to the edge of his seat. A broad beam of incandescant light pierced the swirling cloud cover, slamming into a piece of the ACN some kilometers away. Every day they drew ever closer and every day he was ordered to move the train as if the world depended upon him.

Pulling ever faster away from the station the train reached it's optimal speed, shooting forward into the howling winds covering the tracks, only to accellerate yet faster seconds later. Corvus' thoughts pulled away from the train and the war around them, thinking back to his best days, when the tech-adepts praised him for his dilligence in keeping the train operational. He didn't know whether their machine god truly existed but he now felt himself praying to it daily, if only for the scant comfort it afforded him.

As if to spite his current train of thought a light on the console began to flash red, a low beeping becoming audible over the sound of the ancient engine beneath him. Pulling himself forward once again Corvus frowned. One of the engines rear access panels was open. Cursing loudly Corvus hefted himself from his seat and shuffled down the halway to the officers position on the gantry linking the engine to the rest of the train.

"Sir, one of the access panels on the lower starboard side has come open again. I'm going to need to go and close it so that the components within don't get eroded."

The Garrisson officer peered at him over the top of his rebreather and scowled. "Why would the hatch come open? The crews check the train over before we leave every time."

Corvus shook his head and sighed into his own mask. "Sir the crews do as quick a job as they can before they scuttle back to their pitts beneath the stations. The hatches come open every other trip and I am used to doing it. What I need is for you to stand in the cockpit and send me a message if anything else lights up or starts beeping."

The officers scowl seemed to deepen, if that was possible. "Fine, but you take one of my men with you. He can 'assist' you."

The Engineer merely nodded and waved wearily his agreement. They never truly trusted him, but then he didn't trust them either. Too much violence in their eyes.

Gathering his tools from the cockpit Corvus returned to the gantry to be greeted by another soldier dressed the same as the officer. Rebreather clasped tightly to his face, he looked rather less human without his mouth and nose visible. It fitted their reputation, Corvus thought, in how they dealt with suspected traitors. Nodding to each other Corvus proceeded to climb beneath the gantry down to a hatch in the floor beneath. After navigating through a series of hatches, crawl spaces and past deafeningly loud engine components the pair reached the outer edges of the engine. A heavy four by four foot steel hatch hung open before them, making corvus stop dead in his tracks.

"What's wrong Engineer?"

Corvus looked back over his shoulder to the soldier and pointed at the door. "That's the inner hatch. The outer hatch is beyond it. The difference in air pressure between the inside of the train and the howling, corrosive winds outside mean we need an airlock between the inside and out on the actual engine itself. That door should be closed even if the outer one is open. Some idiot has left it open."

The soldier pulled a pistol from his webbing.

"Or opened it from the outside."

Corvus shook his head. "No, impossible, the speed of the train right now and the winds outside would tear any man from the outer hull in a second."

The man looked from Corvus to the door motioned for him to move over. "Regardless, I'm going down there first. Wait here."

Corvus flattened himself against the bulkhead as the broad shouldered soldier pushed past him, holding his pistol out before him he stepped cautiously up to the door and with a final glance back at the waiting engineer kicked the door forward. Corvus eyes widened in shock. It was impossible. Corvus didn't even hear the shot, the Soldier didn't have time to react as his chest exploded, the mass-reactive round blowing a gory hole in the mans body, throwing him against the bulkhead behind.

The engineer was rooted to the spot. Fear held him in place as surely as any shackles would. Four giants stood in the airlock. Moving quickly a fair haired giant moved over to Corvus. Tears steamed down the mans face, he knew his life was over. "Emperor save me!"

The pale green armoured giant nodded sharply. "He has."

Corvus' body fell with a thud, his head lolling on a broken neck.

The Astartes scout turned to his brothers behind him. "It is nearly time brothers."

The engineer was rooted to the spot. Fear held him in place as surely as any shackles would. Four giants stood in the airlock. Moving quickly a fair haired giant moved over to Corvus. Tears steamed down the mans face, he knew his life was over. "Emperor save me!"

The pale green armoured giant nodded sharply. "He has."

Corvus' body fell with a thud, his head lolling on a broken neck.

The Astartes scout turned to his brothers behind him. "It is nearly time brothers."[/i]

Oh, snap. :D

Nice work, GHY.

EDIT: The way I see it, the main Imperial action to gain the upper hand is the assault on Ferze's Palace: A surgical strike, lead by the WE and the DH, to take over the capitol of the ACN and to kill the Enemy leadership. When I wrote the first parts of my story ( which I'm not sure still is viable for the booklet? Question mark? ) I envisioned the attack to consist of a rapid advance on the Palace and the Capitol, then a vast fleet of both Astartes and Navy vessels come in, secure air space, and then spreads out from the Capitol, taking down anything that tries to help the rebels in the capitol. So in my mind there would be a lot of air fighting here.

That was just my initial idea, and I'm not sure if that is a strategically sound way of doing it or anything...

That's extremely risky. Coming in from orbit right on top of the Capitol will mean large amounts of damage and casualties right from the get go, as a lot of the Anti-Air assets would be centralized at the Capitol, or near it anyway. If its a giant floating city, I could well imagine the entire City, every city block having some form of Anti-Air battery, which could get very ugly for any invaders of any kind. Several things need to happen:

1) Astartes/Imperial Guard units move in on the central control network of the Anti-Air defense grid and bring it down. This will only be a temporary solution, however, as renegade elements will be able to bring individual anti-air batteries back online and begin firing them, however, this temporary window of inactivity will probably be what the invading force needs to take the Capitol.

2) Somehow, the invasion force will need to mask its advance on the Capitol, either by jamming enemy sensors/auspex/radar (either from another detachment on the ground to sabotage those facilities or special Mechanicum Techno-sorcery) or pulling a feint elsewhere in order to draw a large portion of the enemy element away from the Capitol.

3) The Spearhead. The initial advance on the Capitol has to be the most brutal, deadly, and fear-inspiring collection of ships and drop infantry one can compose. The initial attack has to outright cripple the enemy (if not destroy him) and with as much speed as possible, otherwise, the enemy AA Batteries will be brought back online and begin systematically removing threats one by one. Once the decision to attack has been made, there is no turning back, there is no faltering, and there is no stopping. You have to conquer the central areas of the Capitol within half-an-hour to a full hour, or it will be a failure.

Or, at least, in my mind, that's how it will need to play out, and I play way too many military strategic games.

EDIT: Also, GHY, awesome read!

Nice piece GHY!

It made me think, Corvus seems to be a reluctant rebel. Well, would there be others like him? Would some of these take it to more than just grumbling, to rebeliion against the rebels? I'm just throwing ideas out there... but it could be interesting.

That's extremely risky. Coming in from orbit right on top of the Capitol will mean large amounts of damage and casualties right from the get go, as a lot of the Anti-Air assets would be centralized at the Capitol, or near it anyway. If its a giant floating city, I could well imagine the entire City, every city block having some form of Anti-Air battery, which could get very ugly for any invaders of any kind. Several things need to happen:

1) Astartes/Imperial Guard units move in on the central control network of the Anti-Air defense grid and bring it down. This will only be a temporary solution, however, as renegade elements will be able to bring individual anti-air batteries back online and begin firing them, however, this temporary window of inactivity will probably be what the invading force needs to take the Capitol.

2) Somehow, the invasion force will need to mask its advance on the Capitol, either by jamming enemy sensors/auspex/radar (either from another detachment on the ground to sabotage those facilities or special Mechanicum Techno-sorcery) or pulling a feint elsewhere in order to draw a large portion of the enemy element away from the Capitol.

3) The Spearhead. The initial advance on the Capitol has to be the most brutal, deadly, and fear-inspiring collection of ships and drop infantry one can compose. The initial attack has to outright cripple the enemy (if not destroy him) and with as much speed as possible, otherwise, the enemy AA Batteries will be brought back online and begin systematically removing threats one by one. Once the decision to attack has been made, there is no turning back, there is no faltering, and there is no stopping. You have to conquer the central areas of the Capitol within half-an-hour to a full hour, or it will be a failure.

Or, at least, in my mind, that's how it will need to play out, and I play way too many military strategic games.

Well, you're the professional military dude, so you should have something to say :)

Basically, option number three is more or less what I envisioned, only better formulated. But I think option one would be part option three, though. I mean this attack has to be so devastating, so shocking and so complete that the rebels can't hold them back. Now the WE and the DH are the very tip of this spearhead, but they each go for different targets. The DH will cripple the defenses surrounding the palace and bring down the AA control center, while the WE go straight for the palace, assaulting it's gates as well as teleporting terminators inside to finish off Ferze.

If need be, Couldn't we combine this with option two as well ( DH scouts, maybe? ) ? No reason to not use every trick they can, to finally take the ACN (starting with the capitol that is).

And GHY, Nice one. I've tried to provide the views from the other side in my story as well, but I like the 'caught in the middle' viewpoint very much. Plus, you writing is much better.

Basically, option number three is more or less what I envisioned, only better formulated. But I think option one would be part option three, though. I mean this attack has to be so devastating, so shocking and so complete that the rebels can't hold them back. Now the WE and the DH are the very tip of this spearhead, but they each go for different targets. The DH will cripple the defenses surrounding the palace and bring down the AA control center, while the WE go straight for the palace, assaulting it's gates as well as teleporting terminators inside to finish off Ferze.

If need be, Couldn't we combine this with option two as well ( DH scouts, maybe? ) ? No reason to not use every trick they can, to finally take the ACN (starting with the capitol that is).

That was my thought as well: Essentially, you'd need to pull off every trick in the book in order to accomplish an operation of this magnitude. Whether you want to have an espionage force attack the Air-Defense Grid and Auspex Networks before the attack, or just focus on the Air-Defense Grid during the attack is a matter of preference. In my eyes, sending in a covert squad to take out the Air-Defense Grid, the Auspex Networks, THEN signal the fleet to attack is the most strategically sound, but is far more complex in execution, since if one piece of the puzzle fails its objectives, the commanders have to decide then and there whether to pull out or commit to the attack early while they still have the element of surprise.

One of the major components of this assault is to get as many troops on ground as concieveably possible, so that even after the main AA control station is destroyed, they can supress enemy attempts to bring the AA guns back online individually. After the initial takeover of the palace and defense stations, then comes the gruelling battle for the city, block by bloody block. The faster the assault elements can claim objectives, secure positions, and move on to their next attack points, without either falling behind or over-stretching themselves is, in my mind, only the most Elite of Imperial Guard can perform, and something Astartes are probably bred to perform. The first hour of the assault is likely the most chaotic, adrenaline-fueled battle many of them will have likely participated in, unless they have done this sort of thing against Traitor-Marine-held worlds. Any delay in the invasion-force's attack gives the defenders that much more time to ready their positions and fight back, but once the main defensive grids and palace have fallen, the assault becomes much easier, as the ground forces can supress enemy AA batteries nearby and begin bringing in reinforcements and regular Guard forces in order to start taking over the city bit by bit.

Its my prediction that, depending upon the size of the city, could well take between 16 - 48 hours of constant combat to fully secure the majority of the city. After that, it comes down to rebel guerilla warfare, something the regular Guard units can take care of, with enough numbers.

Nice work, GHY.

EDIT: Also, GHY, awesome read!

Nice piece GHY!

And GHY, Nice one.

:D

I'm positively blushing like a schoolgirl here (don't take my man card away!). Thanks for the positive responses! I wrote the entire thing in one go and wasn't sure if I hadn't fluffed it badly with some of the wording. I still need to go back and change a few words and phrases but if you like it, I'm very happy! ^_^

I've tried to provide the views from the other side in my story as well, but I like the 'caught in the middle' viewpoint very much. Plus, you writing is much better.

I don't know that my writing is better, I don't think it is. I simply 'get into' a narrative much more easily than I can with an IA. I tend to get wrapped up in my story and go off the deep end for a little while when I write, but anything more structured is extremely difficult. I appreciate the compliment though, thank you Grey.

It made me think, Corvus seems to be a reluctant rebel. Well, would there be others like him? Would some of these take it to more than just grumbling, to rebeliion against the rebels? I'm just throwing ideas out there... but it could be interesting.

I think most people would be the 'stuck in the middle' kind, honestly. The vast majority of people don't swing to the extremes. There will be your loyalists, your revolutionaries and then there will be everyone else trying to make sense of it.

They are trying to do the best for themselves, their families and friends and therefore typically will go with what seems to be the safest option. This can backfire, obviously or end badly but it's how most people work. If the rebels provide a convincing enough argument to secede from the Imperium most people, thinking of themselves and their loved ones, will agree with them.

They will agree until the weight of Imperial might is brought to bear against them. Then they will start to question their decision. I could easily see when the balance of power shifts from the rebels to the Imperials, people start to get rebellious against the former revolutionaries.

Take note though, that this is a severe over-simplification of the thought process behind it. Most people won't make their decisions with these things in mind, they will justify it in other ways and won't see things the same way, but this is what it all boils down to in the end really.

EDIT

Its my prediction that, depending upon the size of the city, could well take between 16 - 48 hours of constant combat to fully secure the majority of the city. After that, it comes down to rebel guerilla warfare, something the regular Guard units can take care of, with enough numbers.

What would work best, narratively speaking, is a combination of factors.

Astartes scouts and Imperial Guard Veterans/Storm troopers are inserted with these objectives in mind. While most succeed in taking their objectives I would have some percentage of failure.

A few sites hold out long enough to make life exceedingly difficult for everyone involved would work well. Having a 'perfect' invasion is not interesting in the slightest.

And on the tactics, my armchair strategists mind agrees, not that you need it I'm simply voicing it. I think you also need some exceptional coordination and communication on the invading forces side to avoid getting in each others way as well.

For the initial assault, space marine thunderhawks and drop pods would work the best as they are the most suited to the job. Also Drop Pods are ridiculously hard to detect and shoot down.

As an aside, do we know how to/anyone to compile all this information into a .pdf booklet?

Second aside, some artwork would be extremely preferable to punctuate the narrative and I am quite willing to at the very least cough up some Imperial Credits for part of a commission or two.

With the asides, err, aside for the moment I wanted to ask how far along the trail we were in terms of completion. The reason I ask is not because I want to finish the project (far from it, I enjoy working on this too much) but for the fact that without a set end zone in sight this could go on until the end of time.

I'm willing to fork over some Thrones in order to commission folks for artwork as well, it just depends on what the group wants as far as style and artist(s) go.

I think you also need some exceptional coordination and communication on the invading forces side to avoid getting in each others way as well.

For the initial assault, space marine thunderhawks and drop pods would work the best as they are the most suited to the job. Also Drop Pods are ridiculously hard to detect and shoot down.

The communication and coordination is, again, something that would have to be planned out extensively, and even then, confusion can reign if/when certain elements of the assault force are destroyed. As I've said before, this is one of the things Astartes are bred to perform, as the challengs are far more demanding on normal humans, but are things Astartes can handle (if not exactly easily). Drop pods, as you've said, facilitate this rather well, as they are very difficult to detect and even moreso to shoot down due to their high velocity, and Teleportation is nigh-on impossible to stop without some form of Sorcery (techno or warp).

I do agree that, from a narrative standpoint, this assault accomplishing its goals without a hitch is both not really realistic nor cinematic in the slightest.

First off, the WE will only deploy by Thunderhawk and teleportation, as that is all they can do with the force they have committed. Just so that is noted.

My suggestion is that the scouts manage to take out the AA network, but fail to sabotage the auspex network.

As for your asides, GHY, I can't really commit to a commission at the moment or promise I will in the future, but I do want to. As for styles of artwork, I would like to see a variety, different takes on the Campaign and its characters. I'm currently doing the 'Big Four' in small portrait form, and in a cartoonish style to bring out each character's character. Then you have the 3D stuff ( which I'm hoping to do more of) as a more realistic style of decoration for the booklet. So i would like to see styles that bring something new to the table.

Let's say we wanted something to depict a specific story, then i think something like the last pic in your Blazing Sons thread, Ydalir, would fit. Dark, gritty and full of atmosphere, driving home the setting of the story.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can only say that my involvement in this campaign will be almost zero after about the same time as now, next year, as there will most likely be some significant changes in my real life.

As an aside, do we know how to/anyone to compile all this information into a .pdf booklet?

I can do that, just paste all the info we want into word, then format it, then run it through a programme or site that will convert it into a .pdf.

As for the finish. Ideally, I think we should aim to get it done (or at least ready for formatting) by the end of the year. Meaning we need to finalise a list of everything we want in the booklet and get it cracking. Even if that involves having to start setting deadlines, as Grey pointed out many of us might not have the time to dedicate to this project next year ( I know I'm less likely to).

EDIT: List of stuff to include:

• Introduction by Us
  • Contents page
  • Campaign background
  • Campaign Timeline
  • Forces involved (with images and short Chapter datafiles, as discussed)
  • Shorts written by us
  • Campaign Rules?
  • Chapter House rules (started by me and Grey)
  • New scenarios
  • Artwork

Have I missed anything?

We also need to work out how we're going to present the information.

And, Grey, not to put more unnecessary work your way, but I thought it would be cool to have a deployment map similar to that in the BoLS Macharius Crusade PDF. Any way you can think of to produce one?

EDIT2: Perhaps speak to Admins about putting the B&C badge on the booklet and putting in download section. Potentially mention in the next Legio Imprint, or the one after that?

As for the finish. Ideally, I think we should aim to get it done (or at least ready for formatting) by the end of the year. Meaning we need to finalise a list of everything we want in the booklet and get it cracking. Even if that involves having to start setting deadlines, as Grey pointed out many of us might not have the time to dedicate to this project next year ( I know I'm less likely to).

Does that mean I have to work on the IA for my Infinity Knights, and quick? :lol:

I think I can finish it by the end of the year, but a lot depends on how busy I'm going to be over the coming months.

I don't think full IA's need to be in the booklet. You can provide links or directions to them on the B&C though.

E.g: Summary of Infinity Knights > "To view the full Index Astartes Article for the Infinity Knights please visit the Librarium at www.bolterandchainsword.com" or something similar.

At the end of all of the collective summaries you can put those directions, to keep things short and to the point rather than make earlier statements redundant.

I don't think full IA's need to be in the booklet. You can provide links or directions to them on the B&C though.

E.g: Summary of Infinity Knights > "To view the full Index Astartes Article for the Infinity Knights please visit the Librarium at www.bolterandchainsword.com" or something similar.

At the end of all of the collective summaries you can put those directions, to keep things short and to the point rather than make earlier statements redundant.

Well, that's a load off my mind. :tu:

But since I'm a sucker for attempting the unlikely, I'll probably try and finish the IA:IK to Librarium standard before the campaign's finished anyway. :lol:

Sounds like a sound plan. By this point the four armies will have already met and combined forces so organization won't be as huge an issue.

Most civilians with fewer connections with the PDF will be reluctant rebels. The ACN will still have a majority of rebels. Moon hives may remain loyal.

I imagine the drive to rebel is based exclusively on the Military's need for aid going unanswered by the Imperium during wartime. I also think that a lack in tithe reduction will play a role in driving some of the civilian population up in arms with demands from the Imperium being beyond their reach.

With this in mind, the hives and groups most likely to be up in arms are the ones that have faced devastation and were not relieved by Imperial forces, but by xenos. The agri-moons and ACN will be the most in support of the rebellion because they benefited the most from the Eldar intervention.

GHY has a pretty accurate view on the whole thing.

I'm positively blushing like a schoolgirl here (don't take my man card away!). Thanks for the positive responses! I wrote the entire thing in one go and wasn't sure if I hadn't fluffed it badly with some of the wording. I still need to go back and change a few words and phrases but if you like it, I'm very happy!

It was a very good story, GHY. You should be proud :D ! Hell, have a second man card.

EDIT2: Perhaps speak to Admins about putting the B&C badge on the booklet and putting in download section. Potentially mention in the next Legio Imprint, or the one after that?

Go for it. I think we could use a healthy dose of renown :lol: .

However, I think a full IA in the booklet would serve to explain the Chapters better than a small introduction would.

With the Dornian Heresy and other things like Gehenna, the B&C may well begin rivalling GW itself (in quality productions, rather than sheer volume) for 40k PDF's.

That'd be fun. ;)

Anyway, the only reason I think having a summary would be better than a full IA is the fact that you want the focus to be on the Gehenna campaign itself, rather than the chapters involved. If you include three full IA's for the chapters you should also provide a comprehensive list of the other prominent forces involved, such as some IG Regiments, some of the veteran ships in the fleet, mechanicus forces and so on and so forth.

The Dornian Heresy booklet was different insofar that it was presenting an entirely different historical universe to what we know and the forces involved were also somewhat the opposite of what we have here and as such they needed the inclusion. I'm not convinced we need to do the same here. Then again, I could be wrong. :tu:

Archived