Perditia

Donkey Kong

Best of luck Ace :ermm: !

For anyone considering the Deathwatch campaign, any ideas are more than welcome. This does extend to scenes, characterization and so forth.

I'll begin working on the story this weekend.

Until then, keep the discussion alive, all input welcome.

If you decide to put Inquisitor Maelbor in the middle of a firefight, he would likely be armed with (extremely ornate) Carapace Armor, a master-crafted Power Sword (in the form of an elegant rapier), and probably a needle pistol. I'm open to suggestions as to his equipment, as well as that of his bodyguard detail.

As I've mentioned before, I think an encounter with a Warp Spider (or three) would make for an exceptional encounter for the Deathwatch team.

I've started work on the Request story:

Heavy steps echoed through the halls of the Nausicaa as a dozen boots marched in concert, an armored figure at their head. He walked with purpose, straight and tall, head held high and facing forward, his retinue right behind him. He knew his goals, and he knew his means or reaching it. But to do so, he needed Astartes. Inquisitor Maelbor would have them, and with the knowledge he would attain, he would save millions from needless genocide.

Turning through passage ways, Maelbor reached a great door, a pair of Chapter serfs before its entrance. Clad in the green livery of the Death Heads, and bearing fearsome tridents, they stood with the stature of men enhanced beyond mortal strength. They stood on equal footing with the Inquisitor though they lacked powered armor, and their molded breast plates only served to resonate their powerful frame. Before Inquisitor Maelbor reached the door, they crossed their arms, and denied his entrance.

“I have business with your Captain,” said Maelbor, an inner fire fueling his words. The guards remained still and silent. Behind his progression, a line of Astartes turned into the hall and came forward. An Astartes clad in magnificent bronze led ten Astartes, bearing the heraldry of four chapters, two Maelbor recognized as the Infinity Knights and Warriors Eternal. The guards parted their tridents to make way for the giants, as the doors parted, Maelbor gazed into the bridge, a number of Astartes of the Death Heads Chapter surrounding a single figure. Tobulo.

Tobulo looked up from his table and saw the Astartes fill his chamber. Behind them was the Inquisitor, and he welcomed him with a nod. The doors closed behind Maelbor as he gazed around the bridge. Trophies and fetishes lined the walls, all framing Tobulo as he and his fellow leaders watched over a single chart between them, framing the Campaign. Officers of the Mechanicus, Imperial Navy and the Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, and Astartes all filled the chamber.

Maelbor advanced before Tobulo, giving a slight bow to him before beginning his request. His eyes darted across the room, meeting those who filled it. They returned his gaze.

“I am Inquisitor Maelbor of the Ordo Xenos,” he began, “It is my duty to investigate the reason for the presence of Eldar in this traitorous uprising.” Tobulo raised an eyebrow, anticipating his request. “In order to properly accomplish this task, I require the contribution of Deathwatch Veterans from the present Chapters to operate as my task force.”

Around the Chamber, five Astartes moved through the crowd to face Maelbor. Two in heraldry of the Death Heads, and a single representative from the Warriors Eternal, Infinity Knights and Arctic Lions. All were fearsome and venerable. All bore the silver heraldry of the Deathwatch. Maelbor met the Warrior Eternal and the Infinity Knight, surprised to see familiar faces.

“It is not my place to put all of these Warriors under your command, Inquisitor,” Tobulo chided, looking towards the Captains of the other Chapters. Two nodded their approval, but the icy demeanor of the third broke. Arnkel of the Arctic Lions was furious. His warrior and one of the Death Heads Captains, Thussaud, took his shoulder and whispered soothing words into his ears. Slowly, Arnkel began to nod. A grimace was plastered on his face as he released his warrior.

If anyone would like to point out something, you're more than welcome to correct me below.

Cool!

Is that set in the same war-room aboard the Nausicaa that I conjured up for my last story? :lol:

Tobulo looked up from his table and saw the Astartes fill his chamber. Behind them was the Inquisitor, and he welcomed him with a nod. The doors closed behind Maelbor as he gazed around the bridge. Trophies and fetishes lined the walls, all framing Tobulo as he and his fellow leaders watched over a single chart between them, framing the Campaign. Officers of the Mechanicus, Imperial Navy and the Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, and Astartes all filled the chamber.

I'd change one of those words for something else.

Not sure what, since it's far too early for my brain to do any heavy lifting. :P

That's about it for criticism, though. Good stuff!

Tonight and tomorrow I will be taking time to compile information in this thread and prepare a second "The Perditia Campaign".

If any of you feel like rewriting stories for this Campaign, I ask that you either use one of two formats.

The first will be for the majority of the Campaign, this will be a documentary like format, simply going over details and events. There is no dialogue in this section.

The second will make up more specific events from a more personal viewpoint and will be used as sidebars or specific pages within the eventual booklet. These will be formatted as short stories and titled accordingly, Mission or Transcription. Missions will be used to describe events such as the Assassination of Gior Ferze or the Assault on the World Train (which I think might need renaming, "World Train" is a little underwhelming). Transcriptions will be used to document meetings and discussions.

For Transcriptions, this is just an idea, but I'd like to hear how you think of it: The Transcriptions will be written like scripts with appropriate blocking and dialogue. This will imitate a scribe being present documenting what occurs during the meeting, the transcription being his or her record.

I know there are extremely rough ideas of the time line up currently. However, these have all been done by me and my organizations skills are relatively poor. If you could all take my rough time line:

853 The first bombs drop, the first few years of "fighting" consist almost solely of glassing worlds.

855 The Adeptus Mechanicus begins beating down on the idea of destroying their own resources and starts going against it. The Imperial Guard begin landing forces on Moons, the Civilized and Hive worlds.

More Guard Regiments are rallied and sent to Gehenna in this time frame

858 The Guard are stuck at a stalemate, and the first Astartes arrive to break it (Death Heads 1st and 3rd and Warriors Eternal 1st and 8th)

860 More Astartes arrive (Arctic Lions 3rd, Infinity Knights 6th and 7th, the Death Heads 2nd and 4th) and the moons are devastated.

860-864 The Astartes, Guard and Mechanicus wipe out the ACN population and launch the last attack on the hidden moon

and add what you believe to be more specific events/ events that you'd like to see happen, I think we could come to a more conclusive time line allowing for a more solid campaign.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate everything you do.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if KHK had managed to post up his compilation yet, but I had an odd fit of inspiration today, and felt I should share it with the group

Qalis kneeled within the underbrush his squad occupied, the texture of their cloaks and paint on their armor letting them blend in easily with the surrounding foilage, though the cover of night was also providing that much more of a boon to their maneuvers. He cast a cursory glance at their surroundings, his eyes having adjusted to his night-vision goggles some time ago, its machine spirit allowing him to penetrate the still night with his analytical sight. He cast a cursory glance over at his team, a total of six men remaining in a squad that had been formed nearly twenty-five years ago when they were taken to the Schola Progmenium. Andaris, without looking away from his field of fire, tapped his vox reciever twice, making an odd 'thwump thwump' sound in their ears, marking that his lane was clear. Even in his crouched position, Andaris' brutish features (which dwarfed the rest of his team mates) were obscured in the brush, marking his extensive training in stealth. The gesture was repeated with the entire team, each one waiting and taking their turn in order as they had established since they were mere 'teens in training. All clear for now..., Qalis thought to himself as he looked back at their surroundings, his Longlas Sniper Rifle held up at the ready, his trigger finger sliding up and down the trigger as he often did.

Herik, that blasted psyker, had informed Interrogator Delmar that the Tarot of Him (Blessed be His Will) indicated that their target was taking refuge within this area, likely conversing (or rather, brainwashing) the Perditian leaders on this wretched rock, and while Delmar wanted to wait for the Inquisitor to arrive before taking direct action against their prey, the chance to secure a prisoner or, at the very least, eliminate a leader was an ideal situation. Qalis' team had been dispatched with this particular duty by the Acolyte, along with Reginold's squad (whom they have had limited contact with, as they were approaching from the South, while Qalis' approached the target from the North), and while everything had gone very smoothly, Qalis had a bad feeling about this whole thing.

The lot of them had arrived in this sector after receiving the order from Inquisitor Maelbor, the Inquisitor they were assigned to, and until the Inquisitor could get into the system, Delmar, the Acolyte and Interrogator, was assigned the leadership position, which irked Qalis and Asandra a little bit. Even as experienced as Delmar was, he was still only in his late twenties. Regardless, orders were orders, and that's what caused them to be on this planet. So long as the Emperor willed it, it shall be done.

Qalis took another thorough look along his surroundings and, after another round of 'all clear' signals from his team, Qalis rubbed his vox reciever, making a long 'fffshh' sound across their communication network, signaling for the team to move up to their next position, which was another thicket of foilage. Two of his team members moved up from the rear, kneeling on either side of their squad leader, and Qalis immediately sprinted for their next spot of cover, letting his team members cover his advance. After what seemed like an eternity to sprint to the position (was he slowing down in his advancing age?), he held up his Longlas once again, taking careful moments to examine the surroundings in case any hostiles saw their movements. He saw no hostiles and no enemy movement, which already sent red flags in Qalis' mind, but he flicked his vox reciever once, indicating for the next person to make the sprint. It was at this point that he heard a roar above his head, an indication that they would soon be getting a little wet, but this didn't bother the Stormtrooper. In fact, it actually reassured him in a small way, knowing the rain would cover their approach. He risked a quick glance behind him as he saw Asandra sprint forward towards him, crossing the distance far faster than any of his other squad mates could, but her body language spoke more words than speech ever could, her slender features moving more like a tiger than a cat.

She was nervous. Asandra had always been the sturdy rock from which everyone leaned against, both when they were children and when they were on missions. If it weren't for Qalis' keen eye for tactics and strategy, he'd bet fifty thrones she would have been the Squad's Sergeant. To see her nervous shook something far deeper in Qalis' heart than he should have allowed, but there was no helping it, and a few of the other team members noticed it as well. She had been raised on some desolate mining world during her youth before her parents had been declared dead, contact with their ship lost in the warp, which landed her a home in the Schola.

The rest of the team moved up in a similar fasion, covering each others movements and blind spots without the need for actual communication or speech; this was something they had practiced and executed for years now. Andaris, born from some feral world, was probably the slowest of them all, but could probably lift a car by himself if he put his mind to it, his dark skin easily blending in with the rest of the night. Were it not for his goggles, Qalis probably would not have even seen the man, which was an unbelievable sight for someone his size to be so quiet. Grensky was next, his squat features vaguely mirroring Andaris', except the reverse was true when it came to height. Grensky was the team's demolitions expert, probably spawned from his youth on a forge world where they manufactored shells for the Imperial Guard's tanks and artillery in massive hives. Wilhiem came next, and while many people would find him very odd, he was welcomed amongst the team as if he were a brother of the flesh, just like the rest of the team, his unremarkable and average features making him the most ideal infiltrator when in plain sight. Virgil, the squad's medic, was the last to arrive in their new position, but from the look he gave Qalis, the good medic knew something was amiss. It had been four years since they lost Torins, and they had already made their tactical and emotional shifts to make up for his loss, so that wasn't it. He had to have been referring to Asandra, Qalis mused, but his mouth twitched, signalling his agreement. The team went back to covering their fire lanes, looking out for any hostiles as the rain began to fall, Virgil taking up the rear as he usually did, having the keenest sight of them all.

As sophisticated as the machine spirit was, even Qalis' night vision goggles were of little use when penetrating the heavy rain.

'Patrol tango, patrol whiskey,' Came Reginold over the vox network, and Qalis immediately winced. Reginold's voice sounded loud over the vox, and even though their vox sets eliminated any chances for being eavesdropped, the breaking of radio silence made the Sergeant cringe. Speaking in as low a whisper as practical, Qalis responded. 'Patrol Whiskey, Patrol Tango, you got the beer yet?' Due to their proximity to enemy positions and accounting for any Xeno techno-sorcery, the two Stormtrooper squads were forced to speak in coded callsigns and phrases. This one practically asking 'what the feth are you contacting me for?'

'Patrol Tango, Patrol Whiskey, found some moonshine and rockhurst, want me to bring it?' Reginold responded. Moonshine, so he had spotted some Eldar on foot, but the rockhurst made Qalis break out in a sweat. Vehicle? Not even the Interrogator had guessed at the Eldar bringing in armor to this.

'Patrol Whiskey, Patrol Tango, what year's the rockhurst?' Qalis asked, keeping an eye on his surroundings. Still nothing. Depending upon the outfit of the vehicle, they very well might have to fall back or call in for a supply and weapon drop. The only heavy weapons or demolition they had was with Grensky, and he only had a pair of Melta charges, out of some sense of paranoia. Perhaps that same paranoia had been founded.

'Patrol Tango, Patrol Whiskey, dunno, but looks a bit bland,' Came the response. Reginold couldn't confirm yet, but it was probably just an APC. Qalis recalled his training about the Eldar and theorized a Wave Serpent. Proabably anti-infantry configuration.

'Patrol Whiskey, Patrol Tango, feth that, find the good stuff,' Qalis replied, telling Reginold to focus on the leader. They couldn't afford a stand-up fight as they were now. Qalis continued to look at his team's surroundings when he noticed Reginold didn't respond. No words, no sound, not even the mandatory 'acknowledged' tap on the vox reciever. Qalis licked his lips before risking it.

'Patrol Whiskey, Patrol Tango, you fall asleep?'

Suddenly, the brush erupted in chirping blades, their cover spraying dirt and foilage in all directions as they started taking fire. So much for stealth.

'Contact, one hundred metres,' Came Asandra's voice, calm with conviction.

'Deliver them the Emperor's wrath,' Qalis responded, and found his target. A couple of the slope-helmets had taken refuge in a ditch under the cover of thick bushes. The rain must have masked their approach, only to hear Qalis' voice. Throne, he should have known better. He took a moment to calm his breath, still his hands, and pull the trigger, the Longlas' machine spirit roaring with Righteous Retribution against the Eldar, piercing the Xeno in the neck between its helmet and chestplate. The Xeno fell to the ground, its vile blood spilling over the natural cover of the ditch. Two more cracks! from Longlas' signaled the end of the skirmish, but the damage had been done. Their presence had been detected, and it was only a matter of time before reinforcements came.

'Sound off,' Qalis ordered, and everyone on the team responded with no injuries. Thank the Emperor. This mission just got a lot more interesting.

Neat. :P

So... whereabouts is mission this taking place?

Anywhere near a certain Inquisitor or his deathwatch team? ;)

I'm guessing KHK's re-starting of the campaign was a more complex task than previously envisioned.

Or possibly real life interjected itself, ruining his cunning plans. ;)

Neat. :P

So... whereabouts is mission this taking place?

Anywhere near a certain Inquisitor or his deathwatch team? ;)

I'm guessing KHK's re-starting of the campaign was a more complex task than previously envisioned.

Or possibly real life interjected itself, ruining his cunning plans. ;)

I left the location somewhat ambiguous so that it can be easily placed where its occurance would be most interesting/most convenient. Once a location is settled upon (based on KHK's input) we can put an actual location to it. This little mission actually takes place before the Inquisitor gets there and forms the Deathwatch team, and acts as proof to the Inquisitor that the Xenos are far more clever and prepared than he had originally believed, hence the need for the Deathwatch.

Very nice, DKC. It reminded me of my time in the military, sneaking around in the woods, looking for cardboard enemies. You've taken some inspiration from your own service, I presume?

There where quite a few names thrown around, and it took some time, for me at least, to get a grasp of who everyone was. I'm still not sure who Delmar and Andaris really are, maybe teeny tiny bit more detailed description of each character you mention?

Very nice, DKC. It reminded me of my time in the military, sneaking around in the woods, looking for cardboard enemies. You've taken some inspiration from your own service, I presume?

There where quite a few names thrown around, and it took some time, for me at least, to get a grasp of who everyone was. I'm still not sure who Delmar and Andaris really are, maybe teeny tiny bit more detailed description of each character you mention?

Delmar is actually the inquisitor's Acolyte, but now that you mention it, I should probably put more descriptions in there, huh? I'll get to work on it here in a bit. Thanks for the pointers!

And yes, I do in fact take my inspiration from my own service in the military.

EDIT TIME IS NOW: Edited some more details in, but it honestly feels a little forced. Also feels like I might have crunched too much information together, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions.

Delmar is actually the inquisitor's Acolyte, but now that you mention it, I should probably put more descriptions in there, huh? I'll get to work on it here in a bit. Thanks for the pointers!

And yes, I do in fact take my inspiration from my own service in the military.

EDIT TIME IS NOW: Edited some more details in, but it honestly feels a little forced. Also feels like I might have crunched too much information together, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions.

Nope, seemed fine to me. Good stuff!

It was a good read DKC. I like it more now that I know what the intention of the piece was: to set up a reason for Maelbor to request Astartes.

If you don't mind, I'll keep the event, but I intend to edit the narrative to a more documentary style format.

Also, I'd like to try and avoid some of the more specified profanity: "Gak" "Feth" are Vervun and Tanith; "Throne" and other, more "holy" swears would probably be universal.

Basically.

I'm trying to compile the information in a more organized way right now. The force organization is done, and I'll probably have a new thread up this weekend. Unfortunately, Ace, DKC most of the short stories you have already written, as well as my blurbs, are probably not going to fit as they currently exist.

Probably just for something fun, think of some quotes for the soldiers.

"A man who has nothing can still give his life."

"A man with nothing may still have faith."

For inspiration:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thought_for_the_day

Unique quotes are more than welcome.

Thanks everyone, for your patience. Thank yo,u DKC, for breathing life back into this thread.

Not a problem, KingHongKong, feel free to edit what you think would be more appropriate to what you're trying to achieve.

EDIT TIME IS NOW: "My finest agents, while gallant in their duties, failed in their mission. The enemy has proven themselves far more capable and cunning than I had originally planned and hoped. That is why I call upon you, Veterans: To succeed where they have failed. You will succeed. You must succeed." - Inquisitor Maelbor.

"My finest agents, while gallant in their duties, failed in their mission. The enemy has proven themselves far more capable and cunning than I had originally planned and hoped. That is why I call upon you, Veterans: To succeed where they have failed. You will succeed. You must succeed." - Inquisitor Maelbor.

Added some italics to make it look a bit more... impassioned. :lol:

Not a problem, KingHongKong, feel free to edit what you think would be more appropriate to what you're trying to achieve.

I agree, do what needs to be done. I probably would've had to update most of my stories anyway, so it's not a problem for me. ^_^

Probably just for something fun, think of some quotes for the soldiers.

Including the Astartes? I'll give this a go tomorrow maybe, once my brain re-activates.

Thanks to a light homework load, I've been able to compile the information in this thread, and I've come across some errors/ points in need of clarification.

First things first,

This is our Organization Chart:

Adeptus Astartes

Arctic Lions

Third Company

Strike Cruiser Hammer of Rycius

2x Gladius-Class Frigate

4x Thunderhawk Gunship

2x Thunderhawk Transporter

Death Heads

First Company

Second Company

Third Company

Fourth Company

Battlebarge Nausicaa

Strike Cruiser Hermione

3x Gladius-Class Frigates

1x Nova Frigate

8x Thunderhawk Gunship

4x Thunderhawk Transporter

Infinity Knights

Sixth Company

Seventh Company

Strike Cruiser Eternium

Strike Cruiser Everwing

2x Nova-Class Frigate

3x Thunderhawk Gunship

2x Thunderhawk Transporter

Warriors Eternal

First Company

Eighth Company

Strike Cruiser Virtus

1x Gladius-Class Frigate

1x Nova-Class Frigate

4x Thunderhawk Gunship

1x Thunderhawk Transporter

Imperial Guard

115,703 Imperial Guard Regiments

Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World Protomangate

Legio Oblivio

Warlord Titans

Ferrum Victoris

Deus Irae

Glorium Eternia

Reaver Titans

Supplicant of War

Vox Non Incerta

Emperor’s Wrath

Unrelenting Fury

The Detestation

Warhound Titans

Custodium Eternia

Carnivorum

Oblivion Bringer

Vigilance

Righteous Hate

Iron Hound

Hell Breaker

Star Child

Imperial Inquisition

Ordo Hereticus

Inquisitor

Adepta Sororitas

Sister Superior

8x Sisters of Battle Squads

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers

3x Platoons

Fleet Assets

1x Dauntless-Class Light Cruiser Chariot of the Wise

Ordo Xenos

Inquisitor Maelbor

Inquisitorial Agents

Interrogator Corinthius Delmar

Drake Constantine

Herik Behnsorin

Gherik Benson

Qalis Victris

Deathwatch Killteam

Acting Sergeant, Ivan Titov, First Company Veteran, Warriors Eternal

Assaulter, Einar, Third Company Assaulter, Arctic Lions

Devastator, Juno Issaik, First Company Veteran, Death Heads

Tactical, Orodo Monssaud, First Company Veteran, Death Heads

Tactical, Raul Dussan, Seventh Company Tactical, Infinity Knights

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers

8x Platoons

Captain Rodrigus Callinhad

Sergeant Qalis Victris

Sergeant Trevennor Uzielous

Fleet Assets

1x Vengenace-Class Grand Cruiser The Pious Blade

1x Firestorm-Class Frigate Emperor's Light

2x Sword-Class Frigates Grim Gladius; Grand Katar

Imperial Navy

1x Emperor Class Battleship

2x Avenger Grand Cruiser

5x Lunar Class Cruiser

1x Tyrant Class Crusier

4x Gothic Class Crusier

4x Endeavour Light Cruiser

3x Endurance Light Cruiser

12x Firestorm Frigate Squadron

12x Sword Frigate Squadron

13x Cobra Destroyer Squadron

This chart consists of all of the primary elements dedicated to the war effort.

The first error in with Ferrus' Second Army. He has listed the strength at 16,477 Regiments, not nearly enough.

I also haven't integrated the Skitarii regiments into the figure for the Strength, so any guesses on that figure are welcome.

Keep in mind: 900+ Astartes; 500,000,000 guardsmen; 679,707,670 Perditian soldiers; Imperials have orbital superiority; we have yet to decide on a number of Eldar involved in the conflict.

This may require a reassessment of the number of guard regiments involved.

No offense to those who suggested the Glostroyan and Vesuvian regiments, I don't particularly want to use them, some of you may wish to persuade me otherwise, or just bully me into compliance.

Second thing:

First Army Raztur

Imperial Guard Commanding Officer

Imperial Guard Regiments

Adeptus Mechanicus Support Units

Legio Oblivio

Skitarii Regiments

Imperial Navy Commanding Officer

Imperial Navy Assets

Second Army Tazad

Imperial Guard Commanding Officer General Cato Vespasian

Imperial Guard Regiments

Legio Oblivio

Supplicant of War, Reaver Class Titan ( Princeps Hekt)

Vox Non Incerta, Reaver Class Titan ( Princeps Kyteo)

Carnivorum, Warhound Class Titan ( Princeps Leato)

Oblivion Bringer, Warhound Class Titan ( Princeps Antor)

46 Skitarii Regiments

Imperial Navy Commanding Officer Admiral Otto DeGaur

Imperial Navy Assets

Flagship: Unyielding Light, Vengeance Class Grand Cruiser

2x Grand Cruisers

4x Battle Cruisers

6x Light Cruisers

15x Escort Squadrons

1x AdMech Battleship

2x AdMech Light Cruisers

Third Army Iber

Imperial Guard Commanding Officer Lord General Mae Adriel

Imperial Guard Regiments

Legio Oblivio

Skitarii Regiments

Imperial Navy Assets

Fourth Army Uffros

Imperial Guard Commanding Officer

Imperial Guard Regiments

Legio Oblivio

Skitarii Regiments

Imperial Navy Assets

Suggest names please. Suggest allocation of forces.

I also have a Planetary Survey if you'd like to see it:

Perditia Prime - Planetary Survey

Segmentum: Ultima

Sector:

Sub-sector:

System: Perditia

Surveyed: Unknown

Planets

Inner Planets:

None

Outer Planets:

Perditia-Prime

Satellites:

Perditia – 80+

Asteroids: None known.

Comets: None known.

Summary: Perditia is a gas giant with an imperial constructed city complex covering parts of its surface. Gas collectors float through the giant's surface, periodically returning to work facilities where gases are condensed into fuel for the Imperium's armies and nearby Forge Worlds.

Size: Equatorial Distance - 44,430 miles

Gravity: 2.6 G

Satellites: Perditia Prime - 80+; 44 habitable; colonized

Population: 1.15 trillion (human and abhuman).

Rotation Speed: 28,000 mph.

Orbit: Mean orbital distance is 643 million kms from the star.

Climate Classification: None.

Mean Surface Temperature: Artificial heating. 4 oC

Tropospheric Composition: Hydrogen %, Oxygen %, Helium %, Methane %

Tithe Grade:

Climate Regions: None known.

Climatic Phenomena: Electrical storms. Wind storms. Rain storms.

Flora: Lichens have been noted growing on artificial structures.

Fauna: None known.

Economy: Imperial Throne

Society: Perditia's city network was built for the sole purpose of producing promethium from the giant's valuable gases. The entirety of the population exists to either produce material for the Imperial war machine or serve the needs of the population that does. Perditia's army is split between the professional Emim Elite Guard and the Yisa PDF drawn from volunteer members in the work force.

A large population of Ogryns and Ratlings coexist and labor alongside humans to produce material for export.

Water Supply: Water is condensed from free forming hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere, filtered and purified before distribution.

Principle Exports: Promethium. Munitions. Arms and weapons. Manufactured goods.

Principle Imports: Foodstuff.

Urbanization: The entire living surface of Perditia, known as the Artificial City Network (ACN), encompasses the planet. Hab complexes, storage facilities, hangers, repair facilities, hangars, manufacturing facilities, barracks and administration buildings as well as guest and entertainment facilities can all be found on the surface and within the multi-layered city.

ACN Defense Force

Yisa

Emim Elite

Emim Knight Houses

1,040,000,000 population

412,880,000 soldiers

Tazad: 14 moons

Capital Moon: 12 hives

Hive Moons: (3) 3 hives, 4 hives, 6 hives

Agricultural Moons: 10

1,000,500,000 population

39,719,850 soldiers

Uffros: 12 moons

Capital Moon: 7 hives

Hive Moons: (3) 5 hives, 5 hives, 6 hives

Agricultural Moons: 8

920,400,000 population

36,539,880 soldiers

Iber: 9 moons

Capital Moon: 8 hives

Hive Moons: (2) 4 hives, 6 hives

Agricultural Moons: 4

Civilized Moons: 2

3,120,200,000 population

123,871,940 soldiers

Raztur: 9 moons

Capital Moon: 6 hives

Hive Moons: (2) 2 hives, 4 hives

Agricultural Moons: 5

Civilized Moons: 1

1,680,000,000 population

66,696,000 soldiers

If there's anything you see that you'd like to change or add, please tell me below.

Including the Astartes? I'll give this a go tomorrow maybe, once my brain re-activates.

Go for it. I intended them to be either "Thought for the Day" or "Speech relevant to the section".

I also haven't integrated the Skitarii regiments into the figure for the Strength, so any guesses on that figure are welcome.

Keep in mind: 900+ Astartes; 500,000,000 guardsmen; 679,707,670 Perditian soldiers; Imperials have orbital superiority; we have yet to decide on a number of Eldar involved in the conflict.

This may require a reassessment of the number of guard regiments involved.

I always figured the Astartes to be outnumbered about five-to-one by the Eldar, but that might just be me playing up the awesomeness of the Space Marines in my head. ;)

Do you mean reassesment to include more enemies or less?

Suggest names please. Suggest allocation of forces.

Names for which? If you mean the Imperial Navy Grand Cruisers and stuff, how about... Imperial Truth and Steel Hammer for names?

I'd come up with more, but it took me five minutes to invent those two. I'm not good at generic Imperial names. :D

If there's anything you see that you'd like to change or add, please tell me below.

There's an awful lot of 'gehenna' in there, considering we changed the name. B)

Sorry, I couldn't help mentioning it. Looks pretty good, apart from that.

Go for it. I intended them to be either "Thought for the Day" or "Speech relevant to the section".

Awesome. I won't be working on those today after all, though, since I'm going to be a bit busy.

I'll see if I can invent a few over the weekend instead. :wub:

Do you mean reassesment to include more enemies or less?

I meant it to include more Imperials. The assessment for the planetary population took too long to get right for me to scrap again :) !

Although, another idea could be having a larger population of loyalists.

Names for which?

Names for generals, admirals, captains, regiments, etc.

The moons could use names. The groups are named for the capital moons: ie the Capital Moons are Tazad, Raztur, Uffros and Iber.

The number of Skitarii, and loyal Perditians may also need to be looked at.

There's an awful lot of 'gehenna' in there, considering we changed the name.

*Quickly edits*

Ain't got a clue what you're talking about, Ace :D .

EDIT:

As a note for regiment naming:

Regiments raised from the ACN are called Perditian.

Regiments raised from each of the four moon groups are named accordingly: Tazad, Raztur, Uffros, Iber.

Oh, and just for kicks, anyone who wants to name the hives is more than welcome to. Whatever inspiration they have is fine, provided it fits the universe. We could also use a campaign badge.

I've done a little more work on the Planetary Survey:

Perditia Tetrius - Planetary Survey

Segmentum: Ultima

Sector:

Sub-sector:

System: Perditia. Three planets (Prime, Secundus, Tetrius)

Surveyed: Unknown

Planets: Inner Planets: Perditia Prime – rock, extreme heat, thin atmosphere

Perditia Secundus – rock, extreme heat, thick atmosphere

Outer Planets: Perditia Tetrius – gas giant, artificial environment

Perditia Tetrius

Satellites: Unknown, 44 inhabited.

Asteroids: None known.

Comets: None known.

Summary: Perditia Tetrius is a gas giant with an imperial constructed city complex covering parts of its surface. Gas collectors float through the giant's surface, periodically returning to work facilities where gases are condensed into fuel for the Imperium's armies and nearby Forge Worlds.

Size: Equatorial Distance - 44,430 miles

Gravity: 2.6 G

Satellites: Perditia Tetrius - 80+; 44 habitable; colonized

Population: 1.15 trillion (human and abhuman).

Rotation Speed: 28,000 mph.

Orbit: Mean orbital distance is 643 million kms from the star.

Climate Classification: Artificial.

Mean Surface Temperature: External temperature – 21oC

Tropospheric Composition: Hydrogen %, Oxygen %, Helium %, Methane %

Tithe Grade: Exactis Prima.

Climate Regions: None known.

Climatic Phenomena: Rainfall.

The city platform Perditian inhabitants reside in is kept afloat by a combination of modified Imperial VTOL technology commonly found on aircraft and the surface winds caused by the extreme rotation of the world. The platform will often rise and fall, periodically moving multiple times a day. Through a combination of displacement from the platform and surface winds, water and water vapor is pushed above the platform, releasing it immediately afterwards. Perditia's rain is never ending, providing water for all the city's needs.

Flora: Native lichens have been noted to grow on the artificial city structure, they are kept and maintained by the local populace as the only naturally method of oxygen production.

Fauna: None known.

Economy: Imperial Thrones.

Society: Perditia's city network was built for the sole purpose of producing promethium from the giant's valuable gases. The entirety of the population exists to either produce material for the Imperial war machine or serve the needs of the population that does. Gehenna's army is split between the professional Emim Elite Guard and the Yisa PDF drawn from volunteer members in the work force.

A large population of Ogryns and Ratlings coexist and labor alongside humans to produce material for export.

Water Supply: Water is collected from rainfall, filtered and purified before distribution.

Principle Exports: Promethium. Munitions. Arms and weapons. Manufactured goods.

Principle Imports: Foodstuff.

Urbanization: The entire living surface of Gehenna, known as the Artificial City Network (ACN), encompasses the planet. Hab complexes, storage facilities, hangers, repair facilities, hangars, manufacturing facilities, barracks and administration buildings as well as guest and entertainment facilities can all be found on the surface and within the multi-layered city.

To put things into perspective: Prime = Mercury, Secundus = Venus, Tetrius = Jupiter. Secundus will probably serve as the staging area for the assault.

Come on, guys: Ace, Ferrus, Grey, GHY, DKC, we've got some work to do (ie: throw out your opinions and crazy ideas and we'll put them together one way or another)!

I think I'll add a couple events to the rather bare time line off the top of my head.

Right now:

853 The first bombs drop, the first few years of "fighting" consist almost solely of glassing worlds.

855 The Adeptus Mechanicus begins beating down on the idea of destroying their own resources and starts going against it. The Imperial Guard begin landing forces on Moons, the Civilized and Hive worlds.

More Guard Regiments are rallied and sent to Gehenna in this time frame

858 The Guard are stuck at a stalemate, and the first Astartes arrive to break it (Death Heads 1st and 3rd and Warriors Eternal 1st and 8th)

860 More Astartes arrive (Arctic Lions 3rd, Infinity Knights 6th and 7th, the Death Heads 2nd and 4th) and the moons are devastated.

860-864 The Astartes, Guard and Mechanicus wipe out the ACN population and launch the last attack on the hidden moon

Early 853 the Invasion force assembles in the orbit around Perditia Secundus. Perditia Secundus has a Space Station in its orbit as well as several orbital defense platforms. The forces that come to reinforce the four armies initially arrive at Perditia Secundus before being sent to the fronts where they're needed.

Mid-Late 853 the Invasion begins.

New idea: There is a greater schism between the forces loyal to Ferze and loyal to the Emperor. These schisms occur more often in hives, the farmers from the agri-worlds were Ferze's primary concern, he devoted more resources to guarding them and they are loyal to him. This helps the Imperial force with its invasion and eases up the number problem (3:1 invasion ratio).

New idea: Some time around 856-7 or 859 (depending on whether we want a Guard operation or an Astartes one) the Kel-Altasar battle fleet launches an assault on the Space Station, devastating Imperial reserves at a cost to their orbital strength. The Craftworld does not participate in the assault.

As a note: This conflict will involve Imperial Navy (Battle Fleet Gothic), boarding actions, and, if included later, will involve the Death Heads and Warriors Eternal.

As a note: 855, my entire issue with "not enough soldiers", I would like to imagine the force organization chart that's already been drawn (500,000,000 Imperial Guardsmen) consists of the initial invading army. I'd welcome support or a slap to the head based on your opinion.

Now, for the appearance of the Astartes. To put this easily, I'd like to imagine appearances like this: Death Heads and Warriors Eternal arrive first, at around the same time (Unlike the time line above, I think I'll have all four companies arrive at once). The Arctic Lions and Infinity Knights will arrive around the same time as well (however, I would like to ask your opinion on which should arrive earlier: the Lions to reinforce the "newness" of the Infinity Knights or the Infinity Knights to enforce their devotion?

I need you guys :) !

First off, suggestion for Overall Imperial Guard Commander: Lord General Barkust Sturmgarn. Which regiment he hails from would likely be the most senior/veteran of all the regiments.

I like the idea of easing the numbers ratio between attackers and defenders, but perhaps having new regiments arrive mid-way through the campaign (probably at the time as the Astartes to help break the stalemate). I'm thinking around another 50 million fresh soldiers. Not an overwhelming amount, but enough of a difference (both in morale, readiness, lack of fatigue) to help the Astartes break the stalemate.

The thing about invasions is that you hardly ever finish a campaign with the exact same soldiers. Once a beachhead and supply line is established, fresh reinforcements would likely trickle into the system at a fairly constant rate, allowing commanders to rotate units through engagement areas, as well as bolster particularly hot areas of contention (not to mention replace casualties). Your 'final' forces number at the end of the campaign would likely be around 750 million fighting guardsmen (but most likely reaching a whole billion), most of which would be drawn from surrounding systems and sub-sectors.

Sorry for lateness, I've been busy.

As a note: 855, my entire issue with "not enough soldiers", I would like to imagine the force organization chart that's already been drawn (500,000,000 Imperial Guardsmen) consists of the initial invading army. I'd welcome support or a slap to the head based on your opinion.

I'm happy with that size of force for say the majority of the campaign, but not as an initial invasion force. In many instances it is noted that forces of that size are rarely drawn together at once, except for crusades. Most of the time it would start off as say 10,000 guard - so about 10 regiments, then it snowballs. So either we put something in the timeline about a 'recon' force arriving, assessing the strength of opposition and either getting wiped out or retreating. Then a larger force arrives with more and more regiments arriving over time. Or we say that the HLoT hear about the sedition and appoint a Warmaster and he can then call a crusade - the downside being that if the second is the case, why haven't GW mentioned the Campaign?

Just my thoughts.

Come on, guys: Ace, Grey, GHY, GHY, DKC, we've got some work to do (ie: throw out your opinions and crazy ideas and we'll put them together one way or another)!

What about Ferrus? And how did you clone GHY? :HQ:

EDIT: And as if by magic, Ferrus beats me to the post.

Good to have you back, amigo. :P

Now, for the appearance of the Astartes. To put this easily, I'd like to imagine appearances like this: Death Heads and Warriors Eternal arrive first, at around the same time (Unlike the time line above, I think I'll have all four companies arrive at once). The Arctic Lions and Infinity Knights will arrive around the same time as well (however, I would like to ask your opinion on which should arrive earlier: the Lions to reinforce the "newness" of the Infinity Knights or the Infinity Knights to enforce their devotion?

I need you guys :lol: !

I'd have the Lions turn up first, but have a fairly narrow gap between the two chapters arriving. I imagine each chapter would make a significant impact somewhere in the campaign when they turn up.

As a side note, the Infinity Knights are only 'new' if this campaign takes place just after the 9th founding. ;)

Your new ideas are pretty good!

The Eldar might not show their faces until the Space Marines turn up. It's not like they wouldn't be expecting Astartes, and the Eldar would probably make full use of the element of surprise.

Sorry for lateness, I've been busy.

I'm happy with that size of force for say the majority of the campaign, but not as an initial invasion force. In many instances it is noted that forces of that size are rarely drawn together at once, except for crusades. Most of the time it would start off as say 10,000 guard - so about 10 regiments, then it snowballs. So either we put something in the timeline about a 'recon' force arriving, assessing the strength of opposition and either getting wiped out or retreating. Then a larger force arrives with more and more regiments arriving over time. Or we say that the HLoT hear about the sedition and appoint a Warmaster and he can then call a crusade - the downside being that if the second is the case, why haven't GW mentioned the Campaign?

Just my thoughts.

Such a 'recon' force could be filled by a few of the Stormtrooper squads from the Ordo Xenos, which might tie the piece I posted in nicely with the plotline, but I digress. Its likely a betrayal of this magnitude would warrant a Crusade of somekind, especially if so many Astartes show up.

The Eldar might not show their faces until the Space Marines turn up. It's not like they wouldn't be expecting Astartes, and the Eldar would probably make full use of the element of surprise.

Maybe, maybe not. The Stormtroopers (and Inquisitorial agents) might have been able to turn up a few clues to strongly hint at Eldar involvement (not to mention the failed mission with the Stormtroopers), which again would warrant the presence of Maelbor showing up.

Archived