=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Don't ask how I know, I won't tell. My sorce is good enough that even a breath of a hint would be very very bad. Plastic grey knights and sisters for christmas 2010.

Nice to have some more info, but while models are nice and all, any gossip about codices?

Well, what with technology of creating the little buggers having become as sophisticated as it has, why not. When asked, Mr Goodwin explained why there'd been no plastic Sisters yet (as I'm sure he's done on many an occasion before), though I was rather in geek heaven at the moment and unable to remember properly. Something about the hair, amongst other things, that would not work when trying to make them with plastic.

The WH and DH codices being taken out of production is a big hint, usually, as the thread has stated. But, there are no Black Library books that are clearly dealing with either Sisters or GK for the next year or so (only the one about a certain kind of assassin), leading me to be rather more cautious in my estimates for a "when" anything new pops up.

's just my uneducated guess though.

Well, what with technology of creating the little buggers having become as sophisticated as it has, why not. When asked, Mr Goodwin explained why there'd been no plastic Sisters yet (as I'm sure he's done on many an occasion before), though I was rather in geek heaven at the moment and unable to remember properly. Something about the hair, amongst other things, that would not work when trying to make them with plastic.

The WH and DH codices being taken out of production is a big hint, usually, as the thread has stated. But, there are no Black Library books that are clearly dealing with either Sisters or GK for the next year or so (only the one about a certain kind of assassin), leading me to be rather more cautious in my estimates for a "when" anything new pops up.

's just my uneducated guess though.

If the BolS post about BL is correct, we might very well have audiobooks about the origin of =I= and the SoBs somewhere next year. Maybe in time to generate hype for a release.

Something about the hair, amongst other things, that would not work when trying to make them with plastic.

That may be the excuse they give, but I don't buy it. The hair? Take a look at the Space Wolves (Grey Hunter? whatever the basic troops one is called) sprue. Those heads have way more, and longer, hair than any Sister model. Their robes? Have you seen the wood elf models? They have similar "drapey" fabric on their legs, so that can work in plastic. Not to mention the various robe-wearing Space Marines that have been in plastic for awhile.

Once upon a time that may have been true, but it isn't anymore. If they're still saying that, it's just because they don't want to give their real reason. Which I think is more along the lines of "we don't sell enough of these to justify the time/effort/money to re-do them in plastic."

I merged mmgood's topic here to keep the boards a little cleaner...

That being said, if this is true it's potentially good news especially for the long term survivability of our codices. Personally, that means I need to act quick to get the mini's I want :yuck:

Meaning what exactly? How many minis on average does GW discontinue when they change things. And for you personally, Inq Nicole, what minis are you planning on snatching?

I really hope that a the Inquision (be it WH or DH) get a new codex sooner rather than later. Although, I find it odd- whenever GW comes out with a new rulebook (4th, and 5th edition), or a new supplement to the game (Planetstrike, Apoc, Battle Missions), which leaves the Inquisition out- people begin to discuss how this means that a new rule book is in the works. It's as though the only explaination for leaving out two armies is that they are going to come out with a new one soon. Sorry if I sound a bit pessemistic...but until there are shots of GK's and SoB 3 ups- rather than hear-say, I'm gonna go on ahead and take any new codex rumors with a tub of salt.

Plus, as for the combined =I= army codex- it'll probably happen, given that in the past two editions of the game the two armies have been displayed together as "The Forces of the Imperium". Since the release of the 5th edition rule book we've seen time and time again new models and terrain sets "hidden in plain sight" within the book- this could very well just be another example of that.

I apologize if I have ticked anyone off with these comments, but that's just how I sorta feel about the whole thing, and I really hope that they get a new book out there, before our armies hit the decade mark (darn evil space elves).

Although DH still remains my favorite (if my only army) :devil:

Sorry to dangle, but I have more info confirmed. on top of plastic grey knights and sisters, we will be getting codices or codex for Inquisition (not sure if one or two do to the nature of the leak) for Nov/Dec '10 release. Again, I can not give anything to substansiate these rumours. Lets just say that there was an error from GW corp that allows me to know this.

I merged mmgood's topic here to keep the boards a little cleaner...

That being said, if this is true it's potentially good news especially for the long term survivability of our codices. Personally, that means I need to act quick to get the mini's I want :cuss

Meaning what exactly? How many minis on average does GW discontinue when they change things. And for you personally, Inq Nicole, what minis are you planning on snatching?

I'm hoping to acquire two units of PAGK, then I need some of the wacky WH units.. arcos, penitent engine, maybe repentia. I don't have a Cullexus assassin.. um.. mostly odds and ends. A second unit of SoB could be good. Mostly just rounding things out as I enjoy the model range as it looks :rolleyes:

If they redo the range, likely into a majority of plastic, it often becomes harder to find the older pewter mini's. I'd like to have them to have the units I like, then see what comes with the new stuff to add it as well.

EDIT: I should clarify that I own one Battle Sisters squad, a squad of Seraphim, and a squad of Repentia. It'd be the second troops choice of plain Battle Sisters that I'd be adding.

On the SoB hand thing you see the 2 golden skull things? Just under the left one is the hand

EDIT: new vid in the heresy online link about battle missions that says DH are after Blood angels.

I didn't find any video at the link, but that last post, refering to a Warseer thread about pics in the GW blog being retconned are very intriguing. Some images I dare to say that looks like GKs. And a Deathwatch logo?!

EDIT: Nah, just seems like the "Marine" part of the 40k RPG will be DW. Fitting, though

On the SoB hand thing you see the 2 golden skull things? Just under the left one is the hand

EDIT: new vid in the heresy online link about battle missions that says DH are after Blood angels.

I didn't find any video at the link, but that last post, refering to a Warseer thread about pics in the GW blog being retconned are very intriguing. Some images I dare to say that looks like GKs. And a Deathwatch logo?!

EDIT: Nah, just seems like the "Marine" part of the 40k RPG will be DW. Fitting, though

Yeh click on the heresy-online link on page 13, scroll to rumours post (I think its the second one down) and there is a beasts of war vid about battle missions but in the first 3 mins or so they say DH coming out.

Yeh click on the heresy-online link on page 13, scroll to rumours post (I think its the second one down) and there is a beasts of war vid about battle missions but in the first 3 mins or so they say DH coming out.

Found it now, thanks!

But I'm under de impression that the info about a C:I as a fact that GKs and SoBs will be combined. It would make no sense, unless they keep them in separated lists in the same book, what I don't think being possible in the 5th edition. C:I and C:E is a better bet, I think.

Anyway, whatever codex they make, they will need to make some exceptions to us, cause I'm failing to see how they can make our armies (together or not) be "true" following how streamlined the 5th ed is.

Anyway, whatever codex they make, they will need to make some exceptions to us, cause I'm failing to see how they can make our armies (together or not) be "true" following how streamlined the 5th ed is.

Well, you can expect lots of players to be disappointed. I'm definitely not "in the know", but I think faith powers might be based on USR. Streamlining those could be like this:

Faithful: unit makes a ld test. If passed it can get one of the following USR for the turn: Fearless, Rending, Furious Charge or Fleet.

Phil

Well, you can expect lots of players to be disappointed. I'm definitely not "in the know", but I think faith powers might be based on USR. Streamlining those could be like this:

Faithful: unit makes a ld test. If passed it can get one of the following USR for the turn: Fearless, Rending, Furious Charge or Fleet.

Phil

That could really streamline it, I expect faith points to still matter.

Phil

I just read the orders rules for IG, and if AoF is to turn out soemthing like that, I'll be very happy.

Archived