=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Who cares? Inquisitors DO operate with IG and they bring their retinues. Doesn't matter what the player's reasoning is. End of discussion.

I care because people with their shiny new codex are exploiting our old rusty codex in such a way, that when we get our shiny codex it appears we will lose part of what makes our old codex fun for me to use.

Sorry, but all care about fluffness on tabletop armies just died the moment they released a Chaos Daemons codex.

If we follow this line of thinking, this army should be something very rare, but they are very popular now.

I just don't think that fluff show control the game that way. If by the fluff SMs and IG can operate together with IG, all players can put it on their armies, and it will not be unfluffy cause of that. Sometyhing is unfluffy if it doesn't happen in the universe, not by the number of the players that can possibly use it.

Sorry, but all care about fluffness on tabletop armies just died the moment they released a Chaos Daemons codex.
Care to elaborate? Daemonic Legions have been part of the fluff from the universes inception.

Further, the Major Ruinous powers were characterised as being almost the ideal gamers in so far as they did their best to ensure that the contests between their followers were as fair and balanced as possible, with the concept of lending their forces to acrimonious brothers on a regular basis well established. In your early documents, a monotheistic chaos force was a bit of an anomaly. From my research, it's only something that began to appear when the game 'went big time' so to speak and ceased being 'miniatures roleplaying' and started becoming 'miniatures wargaming' with dedicated army collections.

The agents of the ruinous powers cooperating is only slightly less likely than Marines cooperating with Guard and in the current era, more likely than Guard cooperating with Eldar.

The agents of the ruinous powers cooperating is only slightly less likely than Marines cooperating with Guard and in the current era, more likely than Guard cooperating with Eldar.

Indeed there are recorded instances of multiple ruinous powers working together, wether this be on their own or the daemon portion of a black crusade (or the siege of the imperial palace).

I expect that the days are numbered for this army style, if for no better reason than the misguided goal of removing complexity from the gaming system.

And that to me would be the nub of the matter. There will always be "fluff abuses" (wow that sounds obscene) whether inside a single book or multiple books a la the DH/WH allies. However, GW seems to be heading down a path of simplification if only to make the entry into the game a bit easier. Witness the 'nids series of codicies, which went from crazy make-your-own critters to a chinese restaurant style biomorph menu to the current iteration of fast food combo meal selections. In the case of the 'nids, this simplification was needed as it was often hard to keep straight the stat lines of your 'nid list let alone trusting that your 'nid opponent has a strong grasp on all the biomorphs he has actually paid for.

However, I am guessing that in GW kneejerk style they will remove all the seemingly complicated bits and leave us with a highly functional but less flavorful meal... I mean army list. If he's still even there, the inquisitor will be and IC choice that can pick from a selection of guard style "advisors" (read retinue) and there will be little if any permutations of these advisors (say farewell to the vets/combat/gun servitors, etc.)

For the benefit of those who do not read Dakka Dakka, BrassScorpion has been dropping hints in relation to the next army to be released after Blood Angels. While he has not said EXACTLY who it is, it is hard to interpret his hints as anything other than Inquisition/Grey Knights. He does not know a date for this next army, beyond `this year', but it would most likely be late --- Fantasy Battle will dominate the middle of the year.

Care to elaborate? Daemonic Legions have been part of the fluff from the universes inception.

*see that I just highlighted "tabletop", as opposed to the armies in the 40k literature.

This line sums it up, I think:

"If we follow this line of thinking, this army should be something very rare, but they are very popular now."

I'm just talking about the possible number of player using an specific army configuration been a "unfluffy" thing or not. Despite this kind of army been fluff compliant, it should be something that we don't see that frequent in the 40k universe.

So that's why I don't care if some rule would make inquisitors being used by all Imperium players. Such army is possible, so should be possible to everybody.

For the benefit of those who do not read Dakka Dakka, BrassScorpion has been dropping hints in relation to the next army to be released after Blood Angels. While he has not said EXACTLY who it is, it is hard to interpret his hints as anything other than Inquisition/Grey Knights. He does not know a date for this next army, beyond `this year', but it would most likely be late --- Fantasy Battle will dominate the middle of the year.

That's the closest thing to a solid rumor I've read in a while. While I'm highly dubious about a June/July release for either GKs, SoB or a combined =I= dex, Brass Scorpion is an "In the Know" guy, a bit like Harry on Warseer.

Who knows, maybe we collectively rolled over/under/equal to the number of models in the Inquisitorial Players unit and managed an Act of Faith!

Phil

That's the closest thing to a solid rumor I've read in a while. While I'm highly dubious about a June/July release for either GKs, SoB or a combined =I= dex, Brass Scorpion is an "In the Know" guy, a bit like Harry on Warseer.

Who knows, maybe we collectively rolled over/under/equal to the number of models in the Inquisitorial Players unit and managed an Act of Faith!

Phil

My money is still on DE with the potential for Eldar being somewhere not far behind. We've had 1 codex release already this year, we know the next but when C:=][= comes on line will depend heavily on how many releases GW will plan to pump out this year. Apart from anything else I'm still to be convinced that any serious work has been undertaken in the design studio in relation to sculpts, we've heard rumours but is there any concrete evidence in terms of sneaky pics of 3 ups? I've not seen or heard anything apart from a partially substantiated rumour that some of the stuff posted on one of the other forums was somewhere near the mark.

The removal of the hunter's codecies and some of the SoB boxes would lead some to believe that we're imminently expecting a release but the scale of work that SoB needs undertaking to bring the line up to date I don't believe is being done at the moment. Maybe I (and to a certain extent I hope that I am!) will be proven wrong but talk is cheap on any forum and the evidence isn't there yet to make me get excited by any means.

Oh yee of little faith! Find me some pics of Venomthropes, Pyrovore or Hive guards that were on the net 3-4 months before the Nids release? :) Maybe GW really has managed to keep it all under wraps!

"The Truth Is Out There" -Inquisitor Mulder

Phil

ps, okay, I've looked around, but what is a "3 up"?

The removal of the hunter's codecies and some of the SoB boxes would lead some to believe that we're imminently expecting a release but the scale of work that SoB needs undertaking to bring the line up to date I don't believe is being done at the moment. Maybe I (and to a certain extent I hope that I am!) will be proven wrong but talk is cheap on any forum and the evidence isn't there yet to make me get excited by any means.

According to Stickmonkey on Warseer, the Grey Knights/Inquisition are significantly further along than the Sisters/Ecclesiarchy models/artwork. This either means Sisters are second wave, or a separate codex --- he does not know. Considering Jervis Johnson has repeatedly stated they would not be combining them, it seems more likely than we have Codex: Inquisition and Codex: Ecclesiarchy coming, with the latter being at least a good year or so off.

Goodie goodie, keep em seperate, as they should, I mean just put IG and SM in the same codex then too <_<

...Still waiting for more solid rumours.

As I said before, maybe GW actually have managed to keep this under the radar (I mean the Ordo pretty much stands for secret :D).

A 3 up is a large scale version of a model that is made to show greater detail of the final product. At least, to my understanding.

That could be the case for GW terms. Another meaning would be from the print industry. with any number 3-up, 8-up, 12-up, refers to how many pieces of artwork you can place on a single piece of paper or poster depending on the size of paper (i.e. to make business cards, you can fit eight 3.6"x 2.1" business cards on a single cardstock piece of 8.5"x11" paper [with a margin in between for cut]. This is called an 8-up) When I hear the term 3-up and think of it in a corporate sense (GW's side) I would assume it means having a large poster in a 'meeting room' of some type with 3 very nicely drawn or designed ideas on them detailing specifics on the model.

This is just coming from a graphic designer/printer. It could have whatever meaning they want, really.

A 3 up in GW sense is a model that has been scaled up perfectly so it is 3 times bigger than the retail product. It is used to test for problem areas on the model such as joints or parts that are very close for things like detailing ease or probability of flash.

Just a quickie, but I heard a rumor that plastic Sisters have actually already been put in production, and have actually been around for about 3 years. Now, to me this sounds somewhat ludicrous, as why would you put so much effort into something to sit on it? Having said that, GW makes some pretty odd choices, as we all know and hear quite regularly. My friend, who gave me the heads up, mentioned he read it on Warseer.

Thoughts?

Just a quickie, but I heard a rumor that plastic Sisters have actually already been put in production, and have actually been around for about 3 years. Now, to me this sounds somewhat ludicrous, as why would you put so much effort into something to sit on it? Having said that, GW makes some pretty odd choices, as we all know and hear quite regularly. My friend, who gave me the heads up, mentioned he read it on Warseer.

Thoughts?

One word... nonsense! If it was the case we'd have seen or heard something by now and I'm pretty sure that nothing has been done in terms of prepping any sculpts (in the unlikely event that they do exist) readying them for distribution.

The problem is here is that as much as proper info is 'leaked' there's a whole load of rubbish that is also spread around by people who want to be seen as being 'in the know' wink, wink.

Plastic Sisters will probably arrive at some point but not yet and not in the forseeable future. I'm pretty sure that GW would not hold back 2 races of products (DE & SoB) in readiness for the right time.

As I've said before, we know BA's are next and with them will likely come some new products (I reckon there's got to be some good stuff in terms of vehicles, minis, perhaps DC and some characters). The amount of work that Jes Goodwin has done on DE means there's got to be a release in within the next 12 months and, knowing GW there's got to be a good chance that they'll have used his groundwork to run some new eldar stuff off the presses, maybe even with a new codex release.

If we are looking at an =][= release then the limelight will be on GK's, of that I've got no doubt. It's a double hit for them, inquisitorial players will love them and marine players will also look to get some new stuff into their ranks.

So where do Sisters come into the frame? Well, not just yet by any means... lets just hope that when they are produced though that we get the treatment by the top bods in the studio rather than fielding it out to the students!!!

Definitely nonsense that Sisters have been ready that long. According to a reliable source who is in the know (Stickmonkey), Sisters 3-ups and concept art are still in the early stages.

I would not bet on Eldar: I have not heard a peep about them getting so much as a token model release, let alone a Codex being in production. They will likely be waiting until sixth edition.

Definitely nonsense that Sisters have been ready that long. According to a reliable source who is in the know (Stickmonkey), Sisters 3-ups and concept art are still in the early stages.
Which would put the final product as being a minimum of 12 months away and that's not accounting for any self imposed delay that GW may place on release.

Oh, on the topic of stickmonkey? I've heard he's drawing perhaps unwanted attention to himself...

Oh, on the topic of stickmonkey? I've heard he's drawing perhaps unwanted attention to himself...

Ah c'mon, don't tease! lol!

Phil

Well here's hoping on Ordos Xenos at last, albeit mixed up with the "Other two Ordo's."

DW Fun.

Maybe I'm reading into this a bit much, but I noticed the codex's for both daemon hunters and witch hunters aren't accessible anymore on the US site. It still advertises them, but I try and click the link and the entry for it is blank. Just saying, because I noticed this happened with 'nids shortly before their codex came out.

Archived