=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

The comfort is that even though Space Wolves were in a similar situation for years, when their time came it came in a serious fashion :P The Inquisition as a whole is far to merged into fluff and the identity of the Imperium to really be written out entirely, and while not huge sellers a lot of people thought our respective armies were always cool. Most of the turn off was the all metal range, but if that goes the way of plastic I anticipate a lot more people playing Inquisition armies.

Now we'll truly have to wait and see what comes and try to keep our ears to the ground and collect what rumors we can. That and continue rounding out our armies of whatever models we need before they go Out Of Print or something :lol:

Unfortunately C:WH and C:DH have just gone from UK site, deamon hunters is still in US though.

Check WH again on the US site. The codex tab is there but there is nothing to order now in it. The 10 girl squad however is still available to the side of it.

so, maybe 6 months time...sounds about right to me. That's about how long it took them to take metal daemonettes down the website and the new plastic ones to appear I seem to remember.

The fact that there are changes to DH & WH is indeed VERY GOOD NEWS

There are far more Inq players than space puppies after all.

GW could not get rid of the Inq, it would be a farce. The Inq is the reason for SM and IG armies. It is because the Inq needed warriors to fight its battles against the heretics that SM and IG exist.

Therefore, take away the Inq and SM and IG crumble into dust....

That's my vision of things. :Troops:

The Inquisition wasn't formed until the Horus Heresy (per Black Legion books) long after guard units, and space marines had been crusading across the galaxy.

In The Flight of the Eisenstien, the first Inquisitors are 'ordained' by the silent sisterhood, and um.. the emperors right hand man, the pysker, at the end of the book.

Never really paid much attention to the fluff. I am sure you are right Nachocuban, I was just saying that GW couldn't let the Inq go. It just wouldn't work.
No, but they might just reduce them to the table top presence of the Cult Mechanicus.

Never really paid much attention to the fluff. I am sure you are right Nachocuban, I was just saying that GW couldn't let the Inq go. It just wouldn't work.
No, but they might just reduce them to the table top presence of the Cult Mechanicus.

Nooo! :angry: Please Emperor do not let it happen!

GW could not get rid of the Inq, it would be a farce. The Inq is the reason for SM and IG armies. It is because the Inq needed warriors to fight its battles against the heretics that SM and IG exist.

I'm fairly sure the Space Marines predate the Inquisition by a few years... and can (and do) completely ignore Inquisitors on occaision... <_<

Lets be honest, GWS can do whatever they like, with little or no reason, and generally most players will adapt even if their favourite army is removed.

That being said I can't see Inquisition being removed, lets all be serious here, its not the most competitive army(ies) right now, and its extremely expensive to collect, so we can't expect to be majorly popular.

But we do link in with both Guard and SM to a certain extent, and there is a really enormous potential for sales when they keep those links, particularly with allying.

If they bring out equally good new models with a new release (yes I'm talking cheese), particularly plastics which would be far more affordable, with some nice new rules, we will probably see ALOT of SM and Guard players splurging to buy some of our stuff to compliment their armies.

It probably won't last long term, but if GWS plays it right they couldn't help but make their money back, and once they reach that point where they are in the green, all the hardcore long term players who keep spending are just icing on the cake.

Particularly true if plastics are added as conversions and such should go through the roof, and I don't know about other people but I strip back and reuse metals, but always buy new plastics.

In the end I think the people who are saying Inq is being removed are just stirring the pot of poo because it gets a good reaction, and its far more interesting than the current conversations which revolve around trying to guess a release date (there is probably about 900 possibilities assuming its out in the next 3ish years) or trying to figure out what will be changed, added, or removed (boring and useless).

Been thinking (yup :cry: ), that there is five possibilites:

1) Both WH and DH get a new codex

2) Both codexes get merged

3) Only an "ally codex" comes up (alá current Dogs of War), with stats for GK and SoB, but not a real possibility to play em independently

4) Only one gets a new codex, the other is left out

5) No new codexes for either

Personally I´m hoping for number one.

Should we make a (pointless) poll of this?

Edit:

Just been reading the Warseer thread, where these rumours first came up, and it seems that "Stickmonkey" who started the rumours said this two days ago:

"So I saw some of the GK fluff, definitely enough there for a full codex. Much more detail on organization and history. Background on "heroes." Good stuff."

Not going to hold my breath but it sure SOUNDS nice.

... they might just reduce them to the table top presence of the Cult Mechanicus.
Nooo! :D Please Emperor do not let it happen!
Oh, that's a trade I'd make in a heart beat. I dream of a chance to conquer things in the name of the Omnisiah, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen in the next five years.

Lets be honest, GWS can do whatever they like, with little or no reason, and generally most players will adapt even if their favourite army is removed.

QFT. Most fandex try to stick to existing fluff to justify entries. GW has proven they haven't cared since they've had everyone and their aunt in a Land Raider Crusader.... The latest release are clearly trending towards lot of new units (including a big kit), slot competition, HQ with buffing powers and "non-typical units" (ie hive guards have Tau-style shooting and Straken (from IG) has similar stats to Cassius). This would indicate either either a combined =I= dex (since all the current WH/DH units would already add up to a lot) OR separate codexes. But if it's the latter, prepare for a lot of groaning from the GK community. That's because current GK risk taking quite a hit "fluff-wise". To have a single "GK" codex with many units, you'll quite possibly get GK chaplains, Jump-packs, anti-tank (possibly a "lance" psychic power!?!?), transport vehicles, jet bikes (!?!?) and all type of GK units not accounted for in the current fluff.

Personnally, I don't mind. Quite the opposite, in fact, I like when that add fluff and units/models (à la Sternguard...) as I can then indulge my plastic/pewter/resin addiction!!!

Phil

Unfortunately C:WH and C:DH have just gone from UK site, deamon hunters is still in US though.

Check WH again on the US site. The codex tab is there but there is nothing to order now in it. The 10 girl squad however is still available to the side of it.

True, the codex is no longer there, it was a couple of days ago, but the 10 girl squad was not, basically it flip-flopped

GW has proven they haven't cared since they've had everyone and their aunt in a Land Raider Crusader....

I don't know about that. GW is still a business and has a vested interest in their customers. That certainly does not mean that they will do all of the things that their customers want but if GW just didn't care at all about their customers than they wouldn't last as long as they have as a business. I don't always agree with them either but lets be objective here.

What I meant is not that they don't care about their customers, but that they don't care about fluff. I've griped enough about their customer service, as some of you know! But fluff-wise, they will throw everything out the window if that can sell more models. Thus my LRC example! I'm personnally all for throwing the fluff away and re-writing new fluff if that justifies more miniature-buying!!!!

Phil

That being said I can't see Inquisition being removed, lets all be serious here, its not the most competitive army(ies) right now, and its extremely expensive to collect, so we can't expect to be majorly popular.

well said, and i think GW recognizes this as well, along with the fact that those who DO chose to collect inquisition armies WILL send them boatloads of money which is likely why most of the more specialized units and models were direct order only. i don't want to calculate how much cash i've spent on 2k worth of WH units but i can guarantee it's a whole lot more than my friends who've got 2k of tau or nids or marines.

I'm fairly sure the Space Marines predate the Inquisition by a few years... and can (and do) completely ignore Inquisitors on occaision... B)

Why don't we ask the Celestial Lions how well that works?

I'm fairly sure the Space Marines predate the Inquisition by a few years... and can (and do) completely ignore Inquisitors on occaision... B)
How about we ask the Dark Angles or the Space Wolves.

Criminals have a reputation for being stupid 'cause only the stupid ones get caught. Pure sampling bias.

I'm fairly sure the Space Marines predate the Inquisition by a few years... and can (and do) completely ignore Inquisitors on occaision... :)
How about we ask the Dark Angles or the Space Wolves.

Criminals have a reputation for being stupid 'cause only the stupid ones get caught. Pure sampling bias.

Who are the Dark Angles?

Whilst I like the idea of an Inq codex, putting together both DH and WH would make for the largest codex outthere...

I count 42 entries by combining DH/WH and using allies such as IG and allied SM units...

That's a lot. It makes sense to divide into 2 codeces. Besides GW is in the business of selling models. They have said that they don't like the idea of having models being used for 2 armies, because it means players don't buy more models (fantasy dogs of war is a perfect example).

It makes economical sense for GW to keep the two codeces separated.

Archived