=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

I too like the rumors, although I fear for competitiveness. My experience with 40k is that a bucket of dice (IG, Orks, Nids) is the rock to the Elite's (GKs, BA, SW) scissors.

Phil

I too like the rumors, although I fear for competitiveness. My experience with 40k is that a bucket of dice (IG, Orks, Nids) is the rock to the Elite's (GKs, BA, SW) scissors.

Phil

Weight is saves is always the answer for really tough units. I killed Abbadon and his terminator retinue by forcing 15+ AP 1 wounds, and probably 30 or so regualr wounds on them in shooting. (Divine Guidance is so awesome especially when combined with flamers).

Boreas, don't worry. If my experiements with the Blood Angels (I was plaiyng a S Guard list that would work similarily to GK + Storm Raven build) is anything to go by, we're going to be shockingly effective.

Even versus hordes.

As long as we can choose our Assault with Storm Ravens, we'll rock *any* unit (bar natural I5+ ones, but even Halries we can whittle down with the pre assault shooting. T3, 5+ Save an no VoT?) in Assault, no matter the size.

And I've a feeling hopefully our new walker (bound to be a Librarian Dread) will help with both Anti Tank and Hordes. I know 5" Psycannons will!

If you get the chance, mock up a S Guard and SR list and play some 'counts as'. It'll feel elite like a GK army, and I'm sure you'll be flabergasted by the performance! ;)

Have any of you come across this before? Turn to page 28 if you get a chance and then read on. Found it on the warseer thread I linked to earlier. It's obviously unofficial and there's plenty to fault but it's just mouth watering.

If anyone has heard of Tempus Fugitives before they'll know that they have their own links to GW topbrass so their rules maybe not far off what's being planned. Apart from the Grey Knights, they have an interesting take on a few of the Primarchs, Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and so on. Make of it what you will.

Have any of you come across this before? Turn to page 28 if you get a chance and then read on. Found it on the warseer thread I linked to earlier. It's obviously unofficial and there's plenty to fault but it's just mouth watering.

If anyone has heard of Tempus Fugitives before they'll know that they have their own links to GW topbrass so their rules maybe not far off what's being planned. Apart from the Grey Knights, they have an interesting take on a few of the Primarchs, Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and so on. Make of it what you will.

Yes, I saw that too, and I love it. Stylistically very similar to my Fandex, so I'm in the process this afternoon of updating my document with the goodies in that PDF. This is going to be fun.

I don't know anything about Tempus Fugitives, but one of the other guys in the thread said that often their campaign guides tend to be quite prescient when it comes to new rules/codices that come out soon after.

Tempus Fugitives are a group of guys in England who put on these large campaigns. They put out campaign books like BoLS used to do, and on occasion, some of the contents of those campaign books are remarkably close to things that have yet to be released. Their Horus Heresy series they just finished had a few special characters appear in it, months before those characters were introduced in new Black Library novels. IIRC, their Blood Angels list had a few things that would later appear in the codex.

I am not saying they are 100% accurate, but I think they've got very accurate sources separate from the ones on Warseer

Very excited about this,

V

I don't know anything about Tempus Fugitives, but one of the other guys in the thread said that often their campaign guides tend to be quite prescient when it comes to new rules/codices that come out soon after.
Bah, humbug. If their stuff was a reliable precursor we'd have codex: admech by now, and we don't! B)

I've often wished I could play some of their rules, but back home people were paranoid about extra-codicial things, and in the Emperor forsaken wasteland I'm currently in, I count myself fortunate to even get a game in. Local groups are insular, and there is a lamentable lack of good public venues.

The Fugitives come up frequently in these portentous discussion, sometimes I think the game would be more exciting if some of them got let into the studio.

I think PAGK will have Aegis Armor and not Artificer.

Here's why:

1. Artificier will put them into the 40ppm range.. which is unreliable as objective holders.

2. Troop choices are not super expensive.

3. Aegis Armor is also AA armor... so it coulda been a mistake in understanding.

4. Having Artificer will make Terminators look attractive.. and everyone wants more GKT!

With that in mind, I'm pretty sure it will remain as Aegis.

And I believe that they will hv Artificer armour (that could be aegis as well) because the most reliable Warhammer rumours man has said so. Pie for the Pie God!

Why does Garro have a Strom Shield *and* an Iron Halo?

Heh, BC Garviel & Janus (Actually all the named BCs) can be wearing TDA on a bike. :P

As I said, 'plenty to fault'. :(

Being a Special Character fan, I was pretty disappointed with the GK characters after the initial wave of excitement passed. Yeah they're all based on Eisenstein crew - fluffy, but there's nothing overly-fantastic to compete on the level of a primarch/Valdor/Sanguinor and barely even the 'Sisters of Silence' Janetia Krole.

Feels vain to directly quote your own work, we're talking about the PDF linked above on the word 'this'. Alternatively, PM me if you're having trouble accessing it and I will see what I can do.

It's okay, tried a different computer and it works, been looking through it anf it is nice, wish GW would copy them when reresenting non divergent 1st founding, though why the Ultramarines have feel no pain I don't know, the grey Knight Rules are interesting, espescially the cannon and extra assassins, the extra assassins might be nice in the next codex.

Why does Garro have a Strom Shield *and* an Iron Halo?

Heh, BC Garviel & Janus (Actually all the named BCs) can be wearing TDA on a bike. :mellow:

He has both 'cause it's fluffy. Any marine captain in the modern era with a storm shield still has his built in Halo too.

It's only a fifth ed thing that the Halos do something. The Halo as a badge has been around for a long time.

Yes, pre 5th, they wouldn't have needed to be listed as wargear.

They could still be kept as a fluff thing, but listing them as wargear alongside a SS, which utterly negates thier use, is redundancy. It's especially bad if the points for a Halo have been taken into account as well. ;)

They could still be kept as a fluff thing, but listing them as wargear alongside a SS, which utterly negates their use, is redundancy. It's especially bad if the points for a Halo have been taken into account as well. :P
Given the prevalence of Storm Shields and the tendency for rules to increase in complexity over time, it may only be a matter of time before some genius* developer invents the 'power flail' with rules that specifically disallow shield based save. This could be a case of forward thinking compatability.

*Genius is used in the archaic creator sense ... ;)

IF they Grey Knights come around, then ill be happy. Originaly i had placed an order for close to 2k points of Gk, but that was badly timed since they removed the boxes or something. Beeing the impatient idiot i was, i started another army.

However if the promises are true and they will release plastic Terminators and PAGK's then ill be dammed happy :) Will also let me use my Grey Knight LR + Stern...

2 things

1) what was that Aces of the Emperor thing

"Age of the Emperor: The Great Scouring" is a weekend gaming event (September 11 and 12th) run by the Tempus Fugitives, uh, gaming club, I suppose. As far as I can tell this is the fourth such event that they have run - with the theme being battles fought back in the 31st mellenium - when many of the Primarchs were still alive. "The Great Scouring" appears to be the clean-up effort by the Imperium in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy.

In support of this event, the Tempus Fugitives have released a "campaign pack" with all of the event-specific army lists and special rules for all of the armies. If you browse through the PDF document linked to above you will see all of the work that went into creating the rules for the various armies, including lists for the Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence, and modifed lists for the various Chapters involved. Pages 28-31 of the document have the rules and army list for the newly founded Grey Knights. They built the Grey Knights list in such a way that it doesn't refer to the 3rd Edition Codex Daemonhunters, but rather the 5th Edition Codex Space Marines (that's why they've all got Relic Blades, rather than Nemesis Force Weapons, etc.). I suppose that was done as a simple and efficient way to make them 5th edition compatible (and is how they could create a viable list in only 4 pages).

The reason the Tempus Fugitives document was even brought up, is because some of the rules they have included look very similar to some of the rumours that have given to us by a couple of the more reliable rumour-mongers over on Warseer (specifically Harry, "the Pie god", and Stikmonkey). Additionally, other folks that are familiar with TF, have noted that their previous campaign packs that preceded new codices, have included units and rules that were eventually found to be a part of the new official codices. Thus, the implication that if we want to have some idea of what to expect in the new Grey Knights codex to be release next Jan-Mar, just review the linked Great Scouring document.

2) basicly a round up of this topic , what units have benn confermed and what has been rumored?

Confirmed? I suppose only Grey Knights Terminator squads and Grey Knights squads (in Articifer Armour!) have been confirmed. It has also been confirmed that Grey Knights with Jetbikes will not be in the codex. Other than these, there are no other rumours (as far as I am tracking), for any other unit types that will or will not be in the next codex.

Valerian

Stickymonkey put it up, the idea was scrapped and so he scrapped the rumour (this is why his stuff is often inacurate, he is at the beggining of the production line, DPA at the end, HArry has said he gets lots of stuff from everywhere in the line which he then pieces together (so far he has only gotten one bit on GK, the AA bit).

Archived