Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

The Last Reckoning

The Emperor exhaled, his icy cold breath racing outwards. Khorne lay broken at his feet, blood pouring from dozens of wounds; his skull visible to the world. Flecks of the disease ridden and decay infested Nurgle covered the wall; slime dripping down it. Tzeentch and Slaanesh were kneeled down before the Emperor, bound in chains. A sea of Daemons surrounded him, the site made him chuckle. Ynnead, Cegorach, Khaine and the rest of the Eldar pantheon also were bound and chained to pillars, their faces twisted into expressions of agony. Hundreds of thousands of dead bodies littered the floor, Orks, Tau, Human, Eldar, Tyranid; every race was represented save the Necrons.

His 18 Primarchs knelt around him, forming a circle; their respective legions present.

"What do we do now father" asked Sanguinius.

"Nothing" he laughed, there was a brilliant flash of light and the Emperors body split open. A gold statue like figure emerged, its face bearing a look of pure delight.

"You have been deceived" it mocked.

Every where there were flashed of green, rank after rank of Necrons appearing

The final harvest had begun, a haughty laugh echoing across the blasted land scape.

Thanks for reading my story guys! I hope you enjoyed it, it was good to write. I'll still lurk here and read your stories! Thanks.

A scream filled the warp, a scream deeply filled with agony. A bellow of rage and hate followed, Khorne swung his axe in blind rage; splitting the sky above Baal. Lightning flashed in the blood soaked sky and thunder boomed. The horde of Daemons and Blood Thirsters that remained looked skyward, letting the blood soak their withered skin. Cries of adulation towards Khorne filled the air, the Daemonic entities jumping up and down in blood lust. The Blood Angels looked on in horror as their Home world was being defiled even more. Dante looked around him, taking in the battlefield as if he was momentarily out of sync with the rest of the universe. His battle-brothers had become monsters, brother marines all around him were succumbing to the Black Rage and Red Thirst; their genetic flaws transforming into some thing else.

The walls were glowing orange as a wave of energy surged from the Emperor. Cegorach began to dance, a ball of light weaving in front of him; wisps of smoke rising from the Eldar Gods body. Ynnead snarled, a barrier of translucent energy springing up in front of him. The psychic energy neared the two Eldar Gods and sprung of the wraith bone walls like coiled springs. The barrier that Ynnead had erected for himself was smashed, the Emperors attack absorbing it and redirecting at Ynnead. The God of the Dead was sent sprawling, his black robes flapping about madly, as the God tumbled to the floor. Cegorach was ready, dozens of himself now stood in the Webway tunnel, the bolt of psychic energy shot into one, causing it to shatter like glass. Purple smoke rose up through the floor around Ynnead, it solidified pinning the God down.

“Face me coward” spat the Emperor. An excited laugh echoed around the tunnel, each ‘Cegorach’ dancing and showing a display of acrobatics. Light sparkled off their gems, occasionally blinding both Magnus and the Emperor.

Magnus clenched his fists, lighting crackling around them. He spread his arms wide and let a warp fuelled wind carrying him forwards. He brought his arms out in front of him and released the pent up energies he contained. The noise was deafening, the lightning struck ‘Cegorach’ in the chest, the illusion shattered. The lightning sparked as it leapt from ‘Laughing God’ to ‘Laughing God’, each one splintering into the thousand pieces. Ynnead was still pinned to the floor, losing the battle to free himself; the Emperor looked on chuckling. He raised his hand and Ynnead was thrown into the air, surrounded by a purple bubble of energy. With a loud bang and the splintering of wraith bone Ynnead was slammed into the tunnel roof, he was then brought down to the floor with another loud crash,

Magnus was spinning around, firing jets of fire at Cegorach, who with ease nimbly dodged them each and every time. The Thousand Sons Primarch was becoming infuriated, his fire turning from a dull yellow to bright white colour. There was a hissing noise as the wraith bone struggled to dampen the fire as it made contact with the psychic structures surface. Then when Magnus did hit The Laughing God he would be rewarded with taunting laughter as wisps of smoke or shattered glass replaced the illusion that was Cegorach. Magnus stood still closing his eye and exhaled deeply. Cegorach danced about, leaping from foot to foot; he flashed a blade and vanished. Magnus spun around 180 degrees, his eye spring open.

Cegorach in his bright attire was flying down toward Magnus, a silver blade extended in his right hand. A look of disbelief flashed on to his face.

Magnus smiled “Gotcha, you tricky bastard” as he clamped a hand around the Laughing Gods leg.

With one sweep of his swords, Sanguinius decapitated a dozen Bloodletters. All around him his Legion slaughtered the foul Daemonic horde with wreck less abandon. All coherency between units and companies was lost, each Blood Angel seeking to unleash their wrath upon the forces arrayed before them and earn personal glory. The ground was a mixture of blood and rain washed mud; it seemed Baal itself was weeping at the carnage being caused upon her surface. The blood curdling howls that dwarfed those coming from the host of Daemons.

The first Stormbird landed crushing daemons before it. Before the exit ramp was even halfway down Horus had jumped the short distance to the ground. Sanguinius turned around to look at his brother, utter hatred etched on his face; the sight repulsed Horus. His brother’s angelic face was now a cruel, twisted and full of loathing.

“What is the meaning of this?” demanded Sanguinius.

“We picked up a distress signal, I ordered our fleet to later course to assist you” Horus calmly replied.

“We do not need your assistance” spat Sanguinius.

Horus ignored his brother and continued towards him.

“Look what you have done to me and my legion!” snarled Sanguinius, moving his arms out before him.

Pangs of guilt hit Horus like a brick wall, “I am sorry brother”.

“You dare call me brother!” Sanguinius roared, sparks of power flying off him. He jumped towards Horus, hands out stretched, the Blade Encarmine falling to the floor. Luna Wolves and Blood Angels began to combat the Daemonic forces side by side, only Abbadon taking an interest in the arguing Primarchs. His temper rising at the arrogance and disrespect being shown by Sanguinius. Even without his Terminator Armour Abbadon was a fearsome Astartes, his temper as unpredictable as the Alpha Legions tactics.

“I thought I had earned your forgiveness brother?” Horus asked, his guilt evident in his voice.

“You seek my forgiveness?” laughed Sanguinius, a haughty and warp filled laugh.

“I don’t understand brother, what has happened to you” Horus exclaimed, looking at Sanguinius, as if peering into his very soul.

Sanguinius rushed forwards startling Horus, Sanguinius wrapped his right hand around his brothers neck and lifted him off the ground.

“Oh how the tables have turned” hissed Sanguinius.

Heres todays real update. I do hope its good enough, thanks.

Abaddon shuddered as his anger boiled over at the sight of his Primarch being choked. He ran as best he could in his Terminator Armour, raising his wrist mounted storm bolter.

“No Ezekyle! Stay back” commanded Horus.

Abaddon faltered, he was torn between risking his life for his Primarch or disobeying his orders. The rest of the Luna Wolves now too were halting in their killing of Daemons, shocked at what was going on between the two Primarchs.

“What is the meaning of this?” demanded Abaddon furiously.

“We are just having a little disagreement, go and help your Blood Angels brethren Captain” Horus commanded, using his powerful charisma to down play the situation.

“Charisma wont save you now” taunted Sanguinius.

“Kill him, do it. All it takes is one squeeze and you’d snap his neck like a twig… Remember what he did to you.. To your legion… to your Father?” whispered a dark voice in Sanguinius’ mind.

He tried to drop Horus, he desperately wanted to release his brother whom he loved very much. He was battling an inner torment, he so desperately wanted to release Horus and yet a part of him wanted revenge. Oh how it burned like a furnace with in him, it would be easy to do it.

“Revenge…, you know you want it…” the voice hissed again.

“Why shouldn’t I kill you now?” screamed Sanguinius.

Horus was now holding on to Sanguinius’ wrist, alleviating the pressure around his neck a little.

“Because you’re better than that, this isn’t you” Horus exclaimed emotionally.

The anger and hatred left Sanguinius in droves, it was quickly replaced by guilt, sorrow, anguish and a myriad of other troubling emotions.

Sanguinius dropped his brother, Horus landing with a gracefulness that belied his size.

For Sanguinius the world went black. His eyes closed and the entire colour drained from his face. The light that had bathed him and his legion disappeared; the surviving Daemons blowing away like ash on the wind.

In his head an evil and powerful voice continued to laugh.

Small teaser for you to dissect.

Archived