Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

So I have a lot of half finished projects atm.... So just in case I didnt have enough here are a few new models I have been working on! Hopefully I can actually get these ones painted!!!

gallery_48822_4461_1096413.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1633880.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1208146.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_478292.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_240304.jpg

Thats the first 3 of a planned 5 man squad! All weapons are magnatised so I can swap there weapons out for assault weapons!

Those Terminators are awesome! Could you please provide a tutorial or guide as to how you fit those Sanguinary Guard chestpieces onto the Termi torsos please?! :D

Sanguiniusreborn- it's fairly tricky and requires a lot of really brave cutting! I'll take some pictures of the process when I build my next one. Maybe I can submit it as my article to the librarian for failing my lpc challenge.

Darklighter- the metal shoulders are from chapter house studios

Finished building the next 2 terminators.

gallery_48822_4461_1125526.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_936154.jpg

I do plan on building another 5, but Ill paint these ones first just in case I end up with another half painted squad!

I'm thinking I will paint these guys gold rather than red

Sanguiniusreborn- it's fairly tricky and requires a lot of really brave cutting! I'll take some pictures of the process when I build my next one. Maybe I can submit it as my article to the librarian for failing my lpc challenge.

Darklighter- the metal shoulders are from chapter house studios

Thank you.

Just noticed your log and went through all your goodies, awesome stuff.

I especially like the terminators. Got a wip shot of how you did the torso?

I'm going to do up a little how to on it, might take a little while though as I need to take some photos first

What is the terminator sergeant's cape from?

The Sergeants cape is from Anvil Industries. They make a lot of really cool heads and torsos that are pretty easy to stick straight onto our marines.

WOW!

Those terminators are really awesome!

May I use the same idea for mine?

I really want to see more pictures of them!

I'll wait :lol:

Of course you can. I am not the first to come up with this idea, I wish I could remember who I first saw do it to give them

credit, but I could not find the thread after hours of searching. Anyway I do not own the idea so feel free to try it.

Ok latest update. I have decided to paint them Red with Lots of gold Trim! Thanks Midnight Runner!

Models are all preped and ready to go, I am going to try my hand with some zenital (I think thats hows its spelt) highlighting. Here is the process so far

gallery_48822_4461_205862.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1657367.jpg

This next guy is definetly my favourite!

gallery_48822_4461_354472.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1308003.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_531354.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got another small update here and I really would like peoples opinions on my red! Don't hold back good and bad feedback is welcome!

I am fairly happy with what i've got here, its one of the better reds I have painted and I could be satisfied just leaving it as it is. I am really just trying to decide weather or not to attempt taking it to the next level or not with a further subtle orange highlight. My past attempts at using orange to highlight have not turned out well, but I really do want these guys to pop when I am finished! Any advise/feedback is welcome!

gallery_48822_4461_1081760.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1497942.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1511137.jpg

Also a side project I have just finished

My Imperial Bastion (Currently taken over by my Blood Angels as a strategic planning center for what ever current campaign they are fighting)

gallery_48822_4461_1333643.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1670406.jpg

I am not the first to come up with this idea, I wish I could remember who I first saw do it to give them

credit, but I could not find the thread after hours of searching. Anyway I do not own the idea so feel free to try it.

If you mean these fellas then they are mine. If not, then i would much like to see what inspired you to make yours. ^_^

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316694_10150379011874612_2089413445_n.jpg

You have done an amazing job with them mate, really captures the feeling of Cataphtactii terminators. I would personally take the highlights a couple of steps further, maybe a subtle line highlight with blazing orange or the new troll slayer orange and then little egde highlights of fiery orange or the new fire dragon bright and finally a glaze of watered down (or lahmian medium) baal red. But if you like it as it is, that's fine too.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

I am not the first to come up with this idea, I wish I could remember who I first saw do it to give them

If you mean these fellas then they are mine. If not, then i would much like to see what inspired you to make yours. ^_^

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316694_10150379011874612_2089413445_n.jpg

You have done an amazing job with them mate, really captures the feeling of Cataphtactii terminators. I would personally take the highlights a couple of steps further, maybe a subtle line highlight with blazing orange or the new troll slayer orange and then little egde highlights of fiery orange or the new fire dragon bright and finally a glaze of watered down (or lahmian medium) baal red. But if you like it as it is, that's fine too.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

Wow thank you for responding Dargor! I would recognise those terminators anywhere! They definetly are the ones that originally inspired me! If I can paint mine half as well as yours I will be very happy!

If you don't mind me asking what did you use for shoulder pads ? They look great and the free hand is just .... amazing!

I might try a few new test models before I paint my Terminators anymore as I really am not confident about the orange highlights, mostly because my line highlights usually turn out rubbish!

those pads look like dreanaught shin pads..... i have done this myself ;) on a chaos lord a few years back.

but now i am inspired to do my assault termies as cataphractii, as my tact termies are tartaros and the assault pack on those was not what i was hoping for :P

I was originally planing to make this a Terminator Librarian, but I have since cut off the Hood and think I'm going to make him a priest.

Here are the early shots will take some more when I get home later

gallery_48822_4461_692914.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1607484.jpg

Jorre, I want you to know everytime I log on here I'm desperately hoping that this thread has updated. You're doing some really cool stuff, and I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Wow man thanks for such positive feedback! Hopefully I'll have a bunch of new updates for you over this weekend! It really is motivating receiving such positive feedback!

A bit more progress on my new priest. This is the most green stuff i've ever used on a model! Its not as difficult as I thought!

I should be able to finish this guy off soon, green stuff takes ages to dry though and every time I try touch him I stick a finger print on the green stuff, so I'll let this set before I do any more.

gallery_48822_4461_1197097.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1855048.jpg

Just went back to one of the terminators I was painting earlier and did some orange highlights.... They didn't turn out to bad so I think ill do the rest like this!

gallery_48822_4461_657314.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1895211.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1052129.jpg

Other colours coming soon!

I've never really been one for the lighter red with orange highlights, but you managed to pull it off nicely. How well do those shoulder pads stick to the knees? Are there any gaps, and if so how do you manage to get the paint in there?

Archived