Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

gallery_48822_4461_1280310.jpg

The guys look great. Nice use of Anvil Industry bits. Besides the helmets I recognize one spartan torso, but cannot recognize the other torsos. The shoulder pads are from the GW Command Squad, right?

Are the bases going to be painted as if it contained water, or what is that overflowing material for?

:ohmy.:

My last update on this thread was over a year ago! I have been so bad! Thanks for resurecting the thread Quixus, I built these guys a really long time ago, but I am pretty sure you are right on all counts! The other torso are from anvil to, i'm sure if you checked there page you would spot them.

Back when I built these guys I had planned on making these lava bases. Now I am not so sure what I will do with them. I am trying to keep my bases kinda uniform with the rest of my models and building these bases just takes to long so I havn't done it on anything new I have built. I could possibly turn them into a bubbling wasteland swamp and it wouldn't look to out of place with the rest of my models. Or maybe I will just pull them all off and rebase them with the new 32mm bases and simplfy them a bit, the squad does need an overhaul as the loadout isn't really made for 6/7th edition! There is a pretty sweet formation now I could modify these guys to take advantage of!

On a more interesting note I have a bucket load of new models to update to this thread. Some 6 drop pods that almost sent me insane and a storm raven, also I have 2 completed Dreads. As soon as I can make some decent pictures ill update them.

For now though I will be working on a Sanguinary guard Squad, cause they look awsome and I don't have one yet!

:ohmy.:

My last update on this thread was over a year ago! I have been so bad! Thanks for resurecting the thread Quixus, I built these guys a really long time ago, but I am pretty sure you are right on all counts! The other torso are from anvil to, i'm sure if you checked there page you would spot them.

No problem, I thought asking questions about the models was most appropriate in your WIP thread. I actually checked anvil industry and could not find those other torsos. Maybe they have been discontinued.

Just had a look myself and couldn't see them. Quite a lot of his stuff is missing by the looks of it. Its a fairly small operation so maybe he will print more at some stage or maybe he is loosing interest or something

So its been way to long since I uploaded any of my new work! I am hoping to be in a new house in the next few months which will give me a lot more hobby space and freedom!

For now here is a couple of the drop pods I finished

gallery_48822_4461_30058.jpg

I built 6 of them all up... It just about killed my will to live! (hate building and painting drop pods) but they are a very useful in a Blood Angel army and i'm glad I finished them!

I still have a couple dreadnaughts and a storm raven to post, but they have been packed up somewhere and I doubt I'll find them till I move house again! For now here is my latest project!

gallery_48822_4461_1339087.jpg

20 Tactical marines in various build stages!

Nice work here Jorre. I agree on the drop pods, I've had 3 basically new in box for 2 years that I just can't gather the will to build and paint!

Keep at it!

There are two things you can do to make it easier (not that I've done either with my first):

1) If it's for a Dreadnought leave out the interior section

2) Glue the doors closed and don't paint the inside at all :biggrin.:

The OCD freak in me who's planning to plant the interior of his Predator Baal just had an anxiety attack at the thought of leaving the thing half painted...

At this rate my army will never end..

Well it will end, probably by the time of 10th Edition (I started in 3rd).

2nd this, I only have one finished so far, really must get a couple more done... Major kudos for you Jorre finishing six!!

The tacs are looking good too. Are you cutting and re-posing the legs to get them to step like that?

My green stuff skills are average at best so I don't do it on every model, but yeah basically just cut and reposition the leg then fill in with green stuff.

here are some pics!

gallery_48822_4461_1020974.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_909408.jpg

There are also a few resin running legs in there, Ill post some closer ups later on when I do another batch of pics

These WIP really make me like the 32mm bases! So glad I just ordered 50 of them :biggrin.:

Don't sweat the green stuff! Looks ace :smile.:

The 32mm bases really give you more choice when building bases, you can really build them up and vary the position of the model on the base! Although after playing a game with them I don't recommend using them with large deep striking squads!

These WIP really make me like the 32mm bases! So glad I just ordered 50 of them :biggrin.:

Don't sweat the green stuff! Looks ace :smile.:

The 32mm bases really give you more choice when building bases, you can really build them up and vary the position of the model on the base! Although after playing a game with them I don't recommend using them with large deep striking squads!

Ouch :x Luckily I'm not a DS kinda guy and If I am it'll be in Pods or with Dante!

Thats what i wanna do! Really put a effort in making the tactical marines look like they are in different poses. Well... someday when i grow up i might put my mind to it and do something similar. For now i just gotta drool over yours. 

Great marines and great log!

For drop pods I just use coke cans :whistling: One time I had a game in which I needed 5 drop pods and my opponent needed 3... we had to quickly buy 8 cans of coke and drink them all in the space of 10 mins :yucky:. The game took much longer due to the toilet breaks every 20 minutes :dry.:. Even worse, my FLGS doesn't have a toilet so we had to walk to burger king across the road... the guy behind the counter started looking me strangely after I walked in and then left without buying anything for the 4th time :laugh.:.

For drop pods I just use coke cans :whistling: One time I had a game in which I needed 5 drop pods and my opponent needed 3... we had to quickly buy 8 cans of coke and drink them all in the space of 10 mins :yucky:. The game took much longer due to the toilet breaks every 20 minutes :dry.:. Even worse, my FLGS doesn't have a toilet so we had to walk to burger king across the road... the guy behind the counter started looking me strangely after I walked in and then left without buying anything for the 4th time :laugh.:.

...could've just used the cans while full and drink them later, you know...

Archived