Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

My theory..... completley unbattle tested of course!

Dante + Honor guard

Optional Libby

All on small bases so I have the option to deepstrike them

Dante takes front spot to tank small arms fire, the three storm shields take any ap1-2 shots via lookout sir, you've got the priest there for fnp so its reasonably durable. 3 melta's + Dante in the squad means they have pretty good nuke capacity. If I run the Libby in the squad he would probably take an Auspex for -1 cover saves.

I did consider taking him with an Sang guard squad, but then you really need to have a Sanguinary priest go with them and thats another hq slot. The honor guard is great as you get fnp without spending the hq slot!

Once they reach combat you can split Dante off to go beat face and if the meltas are still alive you can tank hunt!

Looking at the shot of the left side of the tank, I was somewhat surprised to see a right wing mounted there.

I would have thought a left wing, with leading edge facing down would have made more sense/looked more fitting.

Next up on the painting table a Melta assasin squad. I almost always seem to find at least 1 of these squads in my lists so even though I already have several I am tired of them being the worst looking unit in my army! So time for an update and some sweet mark 5 armour fits the bill!

gallery_48822_10393_24752.jpg

Might have to do a Mark 4 squad with similar load out as I quite often use 2 squads!

• 4 months later...

Wow its been busy

First child, new house, new hobby room and damn its great to be able to set all my stuff up again!

The suicide squad is coming along nicely

gallery_48822_10393_70176.jpg

Also here is a shot with all my Drop pods in, I actually painted them about 18 months ago, I just couldnt find them till after we unpacked everything in the new house!

gallery_48822_10393_228521.jpg

Since I have everything out heres a nice group shot of my more recent models!

gallery_48822_10393_293303.jpg

Just a quick WIP shot... Almost finished these guys

gallery_48822_10393_25233.jpg

Once these are done I think I'll work on a Skyhammer Annihilation force. They unfortunetly can't be Blood Angels though so I will make them as my custom chapter (The Spartans) so im not sure I can post updates of them here..... Unless I was to pretend they where a BA successor using Space Marine rules??

I haven't been this motivated in a long time! I'm getting @#$& done!!

Hopefully have my assault squad done tonight... although you never know when you have kids!

This is really just a bunch of pointless ramblings from me, but I think the keys to my current motivation are

1. Fresh clean hobby space (clean being the key)

2. A goal or attainable target! There is a tournament coming up in November id like to go to and most my army needs updating from 5th ed so i have a lot to do!

3. I need to break things up! At the moment I am building news squads and painting other squads. I find if i do the same task over and over again i loose motivation really quick! So having a few different tasks to alternate working on is really helpful!

So thats what is working for me at the moment! Hopefully it lasts because ive got 35 new marines to have ready before November! !

Archived