Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

I've never really been one for the lighter red with orange highlights, but you managed to pull it off nicely. How well do those shoulder pads stick to the knees? Are there any gaps, and if so how do you manage to get the paint in there?

The shoulder pads are almost a natural fit for a terminator leg. You just have to shave off a little nob on the outside of the terminator leg and they go straight on. There are some very small cracks which which aren't really a problem since they really are out of sight.

If you are heavy handed with the washes you should be careful though as the liquid can collect inside the knee then leak out all over the leg.... Makes quite a mess! If you are heavy handed with washes it might be worth filling the gaps with green stuff so you don't make a mess like I did!

Jorre my brother, any word on that tutorial for the Terminator's torsos I humbley requested? ^_^

I'm working on it now mate, just got to wait for some glue to set before I can finish the chest of and take the last few pictures.

• 1 month later...
Allround love! Would love to see more updates soon!

I'll do my best but things are a bit chaotic around here at the moment. My wife's been away filming for a popular Australian reality tv show that I'm not allowed to talk about. Which leaves me to run the household alone + I have to work extra hours so we can pay our mortgage on only one income! I been crazy busy for the last month and it doesn't look like changing any time soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Love your work. Those sergeants go to battle with great hair indeed.

You said you base coated your assault marines in Dragon Red. I have been testing Pure Red against and old old old seriously 10 year old can of Blood Red spray.

Anyway you would be willing to look at my blog post test to see if Dragon is more of a match to Blood Red. Also did you use a white prime coat?

Replacing Blood Red Spray

Thanks

Love your work. Those sergeants go to battle with great hair indeed.

You said you base coated your assault marines in Dragon Red. I have been testing Pure Red against and old old old seriously 10 year old can of Blood Red spray.

Anyway you would be willing to look at my blog post test to see if Dragon is more of a match to Blood Red. Also did you use a white prime coat?

Replacing Blood Red Spray

Thanks

That's an impressive write up on red and I will read it in full later!

I have never tried the old citadel spray before, but pure red spray from what I have read from others it is much closer to blood red than dragon red. Dragon red is a little darker, I prefer starting from a dark base and working up the highlights.

More recently I have been using a black primer, but I have tried white before as well. Black is definetly more suited to my current painting style. The white primer does make the models come out a bit brighter, but the black does belt me cut down on shading steps as it gives a natural shadow anywhere you dont get some dragon red!

Found a little bit of motivation the other day!

So I have finished the red on the whole squad and I have started working on the details.. Gold is base coated.

gallery_48822_4461_1087536.jpg

I thought these would come out great but unfortunately this looks like something out of Warmachine, not 40K..

It kind of hurt my eyes..

Jorre, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying seeing your work. Looking forward to seeing your terminators complete. On a side note did you ever notice how those shoulder pads that you have on the knees also fit rather well over the top of a normal terminator head? If you turn them upside down because of the way they are sculpted they look like helmets encompassed by wings, and the little gaps between the circle and the wings look like the helmets eyes. Just though I'd throw that out there if you were considering maybe doing some sort of special character in terminator armour. Looks pretty cool actually ;)

Hadron

Jorre, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying seeing your work. Looking forward to seeing your terminators complete. On a side note did you ever notice how those shoulder pads that you have on the knees also fit rather well over the top of a normal terminator head? If you turn them upside down because of the way they are sculpted they look like helmets encompassed by wings, and the little gaps between the circle and the wings look like the helmets eyes. Just though I'd throw that out there if you were considering maybe doing some sort of special character in terminator armour. Looks pretty cool actually :tu:

Hadron

Thanks for the kind words Hadron. I am planning a couple Terminator Librarians, because they are totally awsome! So I will check out what you are saying and see if I can make it work!

• 4 weeks later...

Havn't updated this thread in a while since I have not really done much work since my last post! However I think I have my painting mojo back! After going to a small 20man tournament and doing really well overall I think I might actaully have a chance at winning a prize if I actually fully painted my army!

The next tournament is in January so my goal is to have a fully painted army ready for that! Hopefully thats enough to keep me motivated for a while!

Anyway here are some new pictures sorry they are really bad quality, ill take some better ones once i've done some more work!

What I really need though is your opinions as I am undecided on what to do. I don't know what colour to paint the power fists! At the moment its a toss up between black with greyhighlights or yellow and black hazzard stripes. These are pretty ornately armoured Terminators so I am not sure hazzard stripes would be apropriate for them, but then simply painting them black is pretty run of the mil and well hazzard stripes are cool and stand out! Also a good show of painting skills, but doing for the sake of doing it probably isnt the best justification!

I'd love some input on powerfist colours or even completely new ideas! I'dd probably give them blue glowy fingers for the power effect!

gallery_48822_4461_1553790.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1082592.jpg

• 9 months later...

Long Long time since I updated! I've done a fair bit of work, just to slack to post pictures!

Behold my long overdue Terminators!

gallery_48822_4461_531798.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_36438.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_499108.jpg

Have a Dreadnaught and Storm Raven ready for pictures as well, hopefully have some pictures soon!

These are amazing. I love the contrast of your color selection, with red, white, gold, and black. You use the palette well.

They look put together as if the kit was meant to go that way. Well done!

I totally agree. I can't recall having seen terminators that pleasing to the eyes before. I did see a Dreadnought in the same league a few months ago.

Good, good stuf. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived