International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

I really shouldn't be modelling with finals and AP exams (AP Psych and AP Calc :/) next week but I needed some stress relief... I am revamping a project from a while back, my FW Mk3 marines ;) they now have bad ass miniguns which can either be heavy bolters if they are devastators or special sternguard weapons :P

http://i51.tinypic.com/9rso5v.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2gwu87k.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1z2zixc.jpg

(Im really happy with the bullpup bolter :))

http://i54.tinypic.com/5yajir.jpg

(clever head swapping)

It should be noted that the above guys will have the same off black color as Ryoto and better effects once they are stripped.

Also with regards to the CM

http://i56.tinypic.com/2efkvg2.jpg

It looks a little thick in paint, I think. The color on the back of that guy's legs seem off compared to the front. It's silver versus black and red, so I'm not sure if that's a camera effect or perhaps I'm missing something.

Also, where did you get those miniguns?

@The Normish

I will be repainting these guys anywyas but the banded armor was supposed to be like bare metal, also the miniguns are from maxmini.

Figures. They make everything, don't they?

• 4 months later...
Didn't know the IBH was still kicking. Some great work out of all you guys, keep it up! Do y'all think we should bring this thread back to life? I was contemplating starting some more marines again. I'll probably check up on the extra site in a moment after this. Just came by to see what was going on, and saw that the thread was back!

Is it too late to join this quiet order of hobbyists? :woot: I don't have much to offer in the ways of images of my current work since I don't have a digital camera. I can take pictures with my phone but, well, you can see the results. This is a little side project I just finished, a pair of Black Legion termies. I managed to dig up a pair of old school metal chaos terminators from my bitz box. After a fair amount of simple green and scraping, I decided I wanted to have a little more fun than just a paintjob. I'm no fair hand at conversions, mind, but I think I pulled this off rather handily. As soon as I get access to a proper camera that can pick up detail, I'll post some much less blurry pictures.

Novamarine-kabob, anyone?

gallery_41957_6388_30632.jpeg

The IBH has slowed down a lot lately due to personal concerns of both myself and Pig Of Sparta. I'm getting back on track hobby wise I think and James has become an active poster again. Those of you wishing to join should PM Pig Of Sparta and he will add you to the roster. I believe that we should get this group going again.

Yeah, great to see this back. I have 30 FW marines sitting on my desk (just finished 9 hours of mold cleaning last night over the course of two weeks..) so those should be nice to see. I plan on putting a lot of work into these fellas.

Then after that, 70 more to buy...

Yeah, great to see this back. I have 30 FW marines sitting on my desk (just finished 9 hours of mold cleaning last night over the course of two weeks..) so those should be nice to see. I plan on putting a lot of work into these fellas.

Then after that, 70 more to buy...

I'm sending you a pm later about those FW marines.

Yeah, I'm also sliding back into the habit of Hobby. I've got a conversion project coming up with Finecast Sternguard, Tactical Marines, and that Forgeworld Boarding kit.

I'm desperate to get those boarding marine shields. Let me know how you like them when you have them. They are 1/2 the reason I got into the space sharks.

Yeah, I'm also sliding back into the habit of Hobby. I've got a conversion project coming up with Finecast Sternguard, Tactical Marines, and that Forgeworld Boarding kit.

I'm desperate to get those boarding marine shields. Let me know how you like them when you have them. They are 1/2 the reason I got into the space sharks.

Really? Honestly, I think you could just make them out of plasticard, throw on some rivets, and some brass etch, and save yourself £18. Though the graviton gun and lascutters are pretty neat, I wouldn't drop £18 on that set...

Really? Honestly, I think you could just make them out of plasticard, throw on some rivets, and some brass etch, and save yourself £18. Though the graviton gun and lascutters are pretty neat, I wouldn't drop £18 on that set...

Check the PM, you'll see why I want to get ahold of one set. <_<

Still don't think its worth it. haha.

Still don't think its worth it. haha.

You are probably right but I'm addicted to their resin.

For these guys, I think I'm going to make them my 'Second Company,' since I already started the First. Although the older armor (and the hopefully better paintjob) would suggest that these guys are of more importance than the other guys, I'm hoping to squeeze all 100 of these marines into a 2000 point game, if I ever run into the opportunity to play one. They'll be just like the Ultramarines, in the sense where the second company is more famed than the first. =)

Since the school semester is still fresh (and this week consists of 2 papers and 3 exams) I'll be taking these guys slow...very slow. But in order to promote completeness, I will be (I think) assembling and painting them individually, and giving each a small story.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_2271.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_2270.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_2272.jpg

So if you fellas see any bloops or anything on the models, I'd appreciate it if you would point them out, I want these guys to be near perfect. ;)

Man...it is good to be back.

Havent seen this thread in ages.

Things to be posted by me:

True Scale Herersy era Alphas (made from my old true scales)

Repainted Knights Griffon

An entire IG force

Space Wolves

And a couple of Chaos boys ;)

Havent seen this thread in ages.

Things to be posted by me:

True Scale Herersy era Alphas (made from my old true scales)

Repainted Knights Griffon

An entire IG force

Space Wolves

And a couple of Chaos boys :devil:

I'd be very interested to see your TS Alphas, since I have two squads of them myself, with more in the works.

Great to see that this is coming back up. I'll try to get some pics of my homemade contemptor that I started before FW got one up for sale :)

- Nat

Archived