International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

I like the more simplified version Brother 'Ussel. The original was nice but a little crowded I think. My suggestion would be to make the wings more angular and squared off at the bottom, like the wings on the Dark Angels or Blood Angels chapter badges. It might also be nice to have the claws of the eagle clutching a crossed paintbrush and hobby knife at the bottom. That is just my two cents as I can't draw worth a crap anyway. I'm sure that your final piece will be amazing. I would be very proud to include the seal as my signature on every forum I am a member of. What colors were you thinking of using?

Looks good. What does the rim of the seal say? I can read International Brotherhood of Hobbiests" then something that starts with a C, then friendship, then something else. :)

It's "Cementing Friendships Through Minis" or "Miniatures" if I can adjust the font when I make it nice and proper.

I'll have a look at more angular wings, and try some designs with claws.

I like the more simplified version Brother 'Ussel. The original was nice but a little crowded I think. My suggestion would be to make the wings more angular and squared off at the bottom, like the wings on the Dark Angels or Blood Angels chapter badges. It might also be nice to have the claws of the eagle clutching a crossed paintbrush and hobby knife at the bottom. That is just my two cents as I can't draw worth a crap anyway. I'm sure that your final piece will be amazing. I would be very proud to include the seal as my signature on every forum I am a member of. What colors were you thinking of using?

Thanks but both versions are Normish's designs, I only posted the original because I had it on my hard drive still.

My offer still stands however as far as any 3D or photoshop work Normish might want to use me for ;)

Hi Folks, heres a little link to what I've been up to recently.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=239375

The new version of the seal is looking pretty good - I like the cleaner look. The only thing I would change is the circle in the middle. It's a bit too cluttered around the edges and difficult to read. Maybe incorporating the shield from the previous design would work better. This would also add a little height to the seal as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi Folks, heres a little link to what I've been up to recently.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=239375

The new version of the seal is looking pretty good - I like the cleaner look. The only thing I would change is the circle in the middle. It's a bit too cluttered around the edges and difficult to read. Maybe incorporating the shield from the previous design would work better. This would also add a little height to the seal as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, with the seal/circle thing, I was trying to incorporate things from all three major GW games, since the IBH covers more than just Warhammer 40,000. So the circle with text from LotR, the Sigmar comet from WFB, and the Inquistorial I from W40K, and the eagle head because it looks awesome. I could remove the eagle head, and make it an I inside the comet. I'll get you guys a newer version temorrow.

So seal work aside got some news. Started the first 5 marines today. No pictures to post up yet, but got them almost complete.

Also... thought of a project up where you have a group of people working on a chapter a company at a time. Got a couple of people interested but this would probably be the kinda thing that the Brotherhood would be interested in as well.

Also... thought of a project up where you have a group of people working on a chapter a company at a time. Got a couple of people interested but this would probably be the kinda thing that the Brotherhood would be interested in as well.

That would be kind of cool, then we'd all have a playable company (for the most part.) And we'd have like...a homebrew-around-the-world chapter. An interesting idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Right, guys, yes, sorry, I haven't had time to get the seal ready or even work on the hobby, I've had mid-terms. However, I'm ordering some celebratory end-of-mid-terms units, and will see what I can do with them here, and work on the seal this weekend.

• 10 months later...

As Subtle Discord said regrettably the last activity here was almost a year ago. I won't repeat the oft cited real life reasons that sadly caused my inability to keep this going, suffice to say I'm now in a much better state of affairs. In fact, Mikhail and myself have spoken a couple of times about getting the IBoH back on track and it is something we would love to do. So if there is interest from members in trying to get things off the ground again then please 'report in' and let's see what we can do.

thanks and sincerest apologies for letting this lay dormant for so long,

James

No need to apologise mate, I think we can all understand why you couldn't keep this up.

I, for one, would be up for getting this going again, but please, please, change the forum skin. If need be, I don't mind being the one to create and maintain the forum, as long as it's not like the last one... (no offense meant, of course)

Cheers,

Ludovic

As Subtle Discord said regrettably the last activity here was almost a year ago. I won't repeat the oft cited real life reasons that sadly caused my inability to keep this going, suffice to say I'm now in a much better state of affairs. In fact, Mikhail and myself have spoken a couple of times about getting the IBoH back on track and it is something we would love to do. So if there is interest from members in trying to get things off the ground again then please 'report in' and let's see what we can do.

James

Brother Lestat reporting for duty!

Willing and eager to help out in any way I can.

I might still have the forum rules saved in a file somewhere if you do decide to restart the IBoH forums.

And to restart things here's my progress from tonight on my truescale ultramarine captain:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/rider_in_black/E91EF0A7-2EBA-4839-A3F1-310637E771C2-1830-000001D87916CD06.jpg

Great to see so many responses so quickly! ;).

@ Battle-Brother Ludovic: No offence taken. If you're really happy to take the reigns on setting up and running a forum then that's great news :D I know the last one wasn't the best and my running of it wasn't either. Obviously if other's want to help out as mods and stuff then that'd make your job easier but if you want to get started on anything then please do.

@ Lestat: If you do that'd be really helpful. Perhaps you could forward them to Battle-Brother Ludovic or work with him in putting that part of the forum framework in place? Not that I'm telling you what to do or anything, or telling anyone infact, this is after all a purely voluntary venture.

If there's anything else anyone would like to suggest/do/try/etc then please feel free to chip in here, as I'd like the resurrection and continuation of the IBoH to involve as many members as possible if it can, that way it becomes ours.

Other than that thanks for returning and I'm really looking forward to seeing what gets posted in here, getting back in touch with lost brothers from around the world and seeing where we can take this idea.

Oh and @ Rider-75: He's looking fantastic. I really like the inclusion of the censer and the fact that he's aiming down the sight of that bolt pistol.

cheers

James

@ Battle-Brother Ludovic: No offence taken. If you're really happy to take the reigns on setting up and running a forum then that's great news B) I know the last one wasn't the best and my running of it wasn't either. Obviously if other's want to help out as mods and stuff then that'd make your job easier but if you want to get started on anything then please do.

Any chance you remember what kind of sections the old forum had? And I don't mind setting up and helping running the forum, but I would need some help, so if there's anyone out there who is of the geek-y kind, PM me right away! :)

Ludovic

Archived