International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

Brothers!

Good to see some stirings in the IBoH thread.

I myself have not had much hobby time as of late but I have been working on something hobby RELATED, I've been building myself a armoire style painting cabinet to finally consolidate all my modeling and painting supplies as well as a place to paint that I can just close the doors on when I'm done painting instead of having to pack everything back up and put away.

Brothers!

Good to see some stirings in the IBoH thread.

I myself have not had much hobby time as of late but I have been working on something hobby RELATED, I've been building myself a armoire style painting cabinet to finally consolidate all my modeling and painting supplies as well as a place to paint that I can just close the doors on when I'm done painting instead of having to pack everything back up and put away.

Be sure to show us. I myself, have this ancient solid oak dresser I use, but it is in foreign lands currently.

Shorts, I think that you need to trim more resin from the chain bayonet, It doesn't look properly attached to the bolter. I'll see if I can find a pic for you.

Found one: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product...arge/mkIV-6.jpg

Thats what I was thinking too. I didn't like it the way that I put it, but I did so because of all the pictures I had seen.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011...ube-d3l3w2y.png

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads...076_2464327.jpg

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m549/A...k/JoeNobody.jpg

I didn't like it like that, so I trimmed down the resin tab a bit more than usual.

Yes Brothers it is true. I've neglected this thread for far too long but since most of my real life issues are as resolved as they're going to get anytime soon, I now have regular, reliable internet access again and we're approaching Christmas time, which for me at least is always the time to try and get what you want hobbywise. So with all this in mind, I think I speak for all of us when I say that now would be a great time to take the opportunity to 're-launch' the IBH. I for one truly appreciate the work that you have all put in to keep this thread and this idea alive. I think the first issue we need to address is The Normish pointed out completing the work he began in designing a seal for our order. The second issue, which I will address, hopefully with the help of everyone who's interested is the getting our dedicated forum up and running again.

If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts or anything else, please feel free to post it here.

Once again Brothers, thankyou

James

Brother 'Ussell has quite a cool looking picture/link thingy in his signature. Something like that could work very well.

Agreed. Though in order to personalize it, is there anyone here who is adept at Photoshop or similar image-editing software, who could adjust the colors to each member's chosen Chapter? Think that might be interesting.

As for the logo, I'd have to design a new one, as I've purged my gallery and seem to have misplaced the original. But best to start fresh, eh?

Brother 'Ussell has quite a cool looking picture/link thingy in his signature. Something like that could work very well.

Agreed. Though in order to personalize it, is there anyone here who is adept at Photoshop or similar image-editing software, who could adjust the colors to each member's chosen Chapter? Think that might be interesting.

As for the logo, I'd have to design a new one, as I've purged my gallery and seem to have misplaced the original. But best to start fresh, eh?

Also, for people who have personalized banners (not me.. :HQ: ) perhaps we can just make a sort of icon that we can just paste into our banners so that we can save our personalized ones. Maybe..

I can adjust the colour right in the 3D composition right before I take the render as well I can change it to a regular helmet too instead of a corvus style.

I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the seal you designed tucked away somewhere, perhaps a 3D version of it done in maya?

If anyone would like a personalized version of my banner just PM me with the details.

Also if there's intrest we could also maybe come up with something smaller people could have in thier sigs instead of a full size banner like the above mentioned seal.

Hey guys - since this thread is back up I figured I'd ask you for tips and suggestions. Yesterday I found 23 random marines in my bitz box. Most of them are AoBR, but some are regular guys that can be made to Sgt's and Heavy Weapon Troopers. What should I do with them? I dont really know how easy they are to convert, but if you have any suggestions, please tell me.

Right now some are painted as BA, some as Ultras and some are just black och straight plastic.

- Nat

Oh and also this (posted on AL forum first):

Well, having been away for some time I figured I'd jump back into things with some AL progress.

Here is the WIP home-made pre heresy dread. I started making him before FW released their Contemptor, so I figured I might as well try to finish him.

PicasaUp.jpg

He is (obv) missing arms, and the legs are gonna get some more work. On his left leg I'll build some more armour, and the plasticard-plate will be the basis of that. The right leg will get the same treatment later on.

Then we have my commander. He was made in a more chaosy-feel then the rest of my AL, but well... he looks cool, I think.

PicasaUp.jpg

I have three more guys in the works, and then I'll have to start making scouts for my 1750p list, as well as some jetbikes (counts as attackbikes).

All C&C is very welcome.

- Nat

Sure. Do you want a pic? I'll see if I can find one that is good. Was a while since I painted them, but I think it is just Regal Blue, then a few layers of highlight were you mix more and more white into it. After that a thin wash of Asurmen Blue to smooth the transition since I suck at blending, and after that its weathering and combat damage. And mine are supposed to be pre-heresy, so nothing of the green-blue that they have in the 40k-setting.

Not the best pic, but hopefully you can make something out. You can see the layers.

PicasaUp.jpg

Oh, and show me yours =)

- Nat

So it's been a while...

Last time I was working on something it was Grey Knights. Well that never got finished or even very far off the ground and now I have gone back to the basics. Ordered a bunch of new models and should be making up a fairly basic list to go with it. However do to finances I think this will probably be my last work for a while. Need to start saving the money better.

Once again, I'd like to apologise for my absence from this thread. Yet more real life stuff has reared it's much reviled head. However, I'm working on it and I really am going to try not to let it prevent me from getting on here.

Anyway, I think you're right Normish, it might be best to start from scratch with the seal although if it's possible perhaps we could incorporate some aspects of the first idea if the image is still in this thread?

Either way I think the main things to keep in mind are simplicity of design, although incorporating some grimdark/fantasy elements if possible and scale. I'm not sure if you'd agree but it'd be kinda cool to have small, medium and large versions of the seal for sigs, the top of the tread, the IBH forum etc.

James

I think this was the most recent version:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/bro_ussell/gallery_50723_4325_40412.jpg

Ah, yes. I can get around to redrawing that neater and cleaner, and maybe some new things as well.

I like the Aquila gripping the shield, and the initials (which need to be emphasized). I'll see if I can't design two seals, a smaller and simpler one for signatures, and a larger one, which you can re-size for use as a medium one. Though I think the motto should be in flowing parchment around the seal, or perhaps in a ring, but not be there in the smaller signature. I'll see if I can upload something though, so you can have a look.

So got my tactical squad sprues in mail today. Working on a color scheme still but I am thinking about doing something akin to the old Fire Angels... something people seem to have been ignoring since the Badb War books came out (I really do not like this "everyone got gunmetal!" formula Forgeworld has been doing).

Yeah so like deep red as the secondary colour and white or bone white as the primary colour. Don't know about icon yet, thinking about doing the fist like the Imperial or Crimson Fists.

Okay, so here's an early draft of the new version of the seal:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/269/1/e/ibh_grand_seal_proposal_by_thenormish-d4b1u2k.jpg

I went with a more streamlined version this time, one more reminiscent of an airline logo.

Now, this would be the Grand Seal (ignore the cut at the wing, that will be there), to be displayed on our forum and on official posts or whatnot. Incorporated is a badge, or the User Seal, which can be given separately for members to display in their signatures. This can be of different sizes depending on preference. Obviously, if this is approved, I will get around to doing it digitally and add color.

So, thoughts?

Archived