International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

@ CMD 7 and Brother Slyth: welcome guys! As long as the mini's are board appropriate then feel free to post away. I did start an IBoH thread in the Hall of Honour for completed projects although we've never really used it to be honest. If anyone's got finished stuff they want to post I can resurrect the thread if you like.

@ Rider-75: Once I've got my 25th Anniversary Marine completed I'll get to work on the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] :huh:.

Thought I'd put up some pics of a very mild conversion of the Dark Vengeance Chaplain that I've done:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8450/7972875330_51130f3018.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/7972873892_7ee4887598.jpg

You know me though, it might not see paint for quite some time :(.

James

Awesome stuff guys, looking really good. I've got some goodies coming in the mail that i'm dieing to share with you but it will have to wait. I've got some big stuff planned in the next few months and this is the perfect venue for it.

With the new changes to the rules about banners I guess I could resize mine now, if anyone wants to use it feel free, I've actually been toying with ideas for a new one but time constraints and all that.

I might snap a picture of the new painting cabinet I built that I was talking about several pages back if anyone's interested. It's mostly a storage cabinet right now for hobby materials but I'm planning on making it more modular with a addition of a lower section as well as built in work lights maximum illumination! ha.

Alrighty, I suppose it's time to add my current PA project.

I'll start from the beginning.

Back in June/July I was contacted by a B&C member who had a company of Deathwing Terminators he wanted painted. The first batch of 20 has just been finished up this week and I've been working on getting photographs. This is the first squad, I just snapped a quick photo with my phone while I wait on the camera to charge.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/AB25D334-5A27-4A39-9FAB-4D30BA358062-11903-00000DA82DBA4BC3.jpg

The bases are scratch built using sand from yard and sculpy.

Tomorrow I'll have them all fully photographed and on their way back to the owner.

Cheers Fellas

Nice mini's Master Chaplain Astador! ;)

UPDATE:

Just a little update on the site. BBL has created the new Forum, and I have started configuring it, although I won't be able to do much more until I finish work tonight :) It won't be long until it's in a position to open officially ^_^

We will be looking for Moderators, mainly for specific Forum areas, so if anyone is interested PM me. Previous experience in Moderation is an advantage, but not essential.

If there is anything you'd like to see in the Forum (within reason) please either post in this topic, or PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Bear with us a little longer Brothers and Sisters. It won't be much longer, we promise :P

@ Rider-75: Once I've got my 25th Anniversary Marine completed I'll get to work on the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] :D.

Damn you and your 25th Marine. Damn you I say, damn you!! Lol ;)

He's coming along very nicely and now I'm just jealous :P

I've decided for a banner topped with a UM icon. But now I need to do NMM gold.... Where the hell do I start as all previous attempts have been.....less than impressive :(

Nice mini's Master Chaplain Astador! ^_^

UPDATE:

Just a little update on the site. BBL has created the new Forum, and I have started configuring it, although I won't be able to do much more until I finish work tonight :P It won't be long until it's in a position to open officially ^_^

We will be looking for Moderators, mainly for specific Forum areas, so if anyone is interested PM me. Previous experience in Moderation is an advantage, but not essential.

If there is anything you'd like to see in the Forum (within reason) please either post in this topic, or PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Bear with us a little longer Brothers and Sisters. It won't be much longer, we promise :P

PM sent. I'd like to volunteer once again as a mod.

@ Rider-75: Once I've got my 25th Anniversary Marine completed I'll get to work on the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] :).

Damn you and your 25th Marine. Damn you I say, damn you!! Lol ;)

He's coming along very nicely and now I'm just jealous :P

I've decided for a banner topped with a UM icon. But now I need to do NMM gold.... Where the hell do I start as all previous attempts have been.....less than impressive :(

If you have it mate the white dwarf with the sanguinor in had a tutorial on how to do NMM gold.

edit

found a video of the guy uising the tutorial not watched it though

and here's a blog entry doing same

http://burnedbrush.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/...a-tutorial.html

Hope there ok mate

Andy

I now officially declare the new International Brotherhood of Hobbyists forum open! Please click here to see the forum in all it's magnificence :lol:

However, be aware that there maybe be some small changes on the forum in the next week or so, and that we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Cheers,

Ludovic

I now officially declare the new International Brotherhood of Hobbyists forum open! Please click here to see the forum in all it's magnificence :P

Hurrah and huzzah! Just registered myself there. :P

I'll be posting up my current works in progress there involving my Vanquishers, Sons of Doom and Oblivion Warriors very very soon! See you there Brothers!

Cambrius

I got my DV bits I ordered through last week and decided to convert the Tactical squad sargeant as the apron thingy really did not look right.

One Mk.8 chestplate and a spare FW Red Scorpions helmet later, and we have a decent looking sarge. I just need to clean up the flash and mold lines and do some filling with GS (theres a big gap under the belt) and we should be good to go!

gallery_36289_5831_289204.jpg

gallery_36289_5831_675213.jpg

gallery_36289_5831_859760.jpg

Tonight i am mostly being happy!

Looks like I've tracked down a 25th Anniversary Marine :D

Congrats on finding one - Hopefully you didn't pay too much for him.

Here's hoping not. 8 Inquisitor models (the 54mm series) in trade. They were doing nothing anyway...

Also managed this week to trade of some chaos and ork stuff for a chunk of GK - got a termy box and 4 PA boxes all on sprue inbound :)

Today has been a good week hobby wise I think :(

@ Rider-75: nicely done mate. Depending on which =I= mini's you traded it sounds like you got a pretty good trade there :lol:. I've located my [REDACTED] and despite not being 100% happy with the base he's ready to go :P.

@ Lestat: liking that conversion, the mk viii torso looks great with that helmet and really makes for a unique take on the sergeant.

@ ChaptermasterDemon7: that mini looks great. As Rider-75 said you could be a little neater but that'll come with practice and you're off to a really good start :). Highlighting, in essence is using a layer of lighter colour to accentuate the effect of light falling onto/across your mini. On the mini you've got there for example you could use some thin lines of a lighter shade of red to highlight the red pieces of armour as well as some thin lines of grey (other colours can be used with black too though) to highlight the black. That's a really hamfisted way of describing it but I hope you get the idea. I'd advise checking the Tutorials section of the B&C as well as using google or you tube to find some step by step guides to highlighting and give them a go, as with many things in life, the more you practice painting techniques the easier they get. Keep up the good work though and hope to see more of your mini's here soon :).

@ Natanael: Apharius is looking pretty sweet already brother. I have to ask though what in the name of the Emperor is the humanoid in the background with too many limbs? :lol:.

cheers

James

Been painting Deathwing.

Not quite finished yet, but I'm happy with the tone of the bone coloured armour. Also tried painting glowing eye lenses for the forst time. Not 100% happy with the result, but practice makes perfect as they say.

gallery_36289_7724_27048.jpggallery_36289_7724_747952.jpggallery_36289_7724_780149.jpggallery_36289_7724_171593.jpg

@PoS: the =][= stuff was cherubael, Eisenhorn, sgt stone, rogue trader, Artemis, br. Josef and a random mutant dude I'd concocted out of an old Scylla model. Like I said, they were in the attic doing nothing so had no worth to me anyway.

I found a large base for the [redacted] project and I'll dig it out and do a little modelling on the [redacted] later, so it should be about good to go. I think I need to do a head swap for a D'Eldar head though as I have no humans to add to the base.....

Quite the comeback for this thread. I like it =)

James - The humanoid is the background is my count-as Inquisitor. He's got the WIP of an armour harness with extra arms on it. Much like the Commander from the book Legion. Didnt turn out that well, but with some GS he might be alright :rolleyes: Operatives ftw.

- Nat

@ Rider-75: PM sent :) (I did get your one).

@ Lestat: Those Deathwing look great. I really like the green OSL on the eyes/lenses. The bone looks really smooth too. Can't wait to see more progress on this squad.

@ Natanael: ah, that makes sense. It's a pretty good idea although as he's not the focus of the picture I hope you can understand my asking. It's a cool idea though and I wouldn't mind seeing a proper pic of him if you get the chance to post one on the IBoH forum.

@ ChamptermasterDemon7: Looking pretty good there. I like the addition of the psychic lightning on the Librarian, it's a great personalising touch. As for badly painted. I wouldn't say that at all, there is room for improvement but then there always is, and as I said you're off to a good start. If I may make a suggestion for your next project pick something you really want to paint and then something you really want to practice and go for it. For example if you really wanted to paint a new captain based on the Company Master from the Dark Vengeance set and (purely by chance) you also wanted to paint green... Do a little research on here and through Google on painting [insert technique/model here] and then go for it. My above example isn't the best and I don't mean you should run out and buy something brand new just to try something out, you might already have something that you want to paint the point is that because you really want to paint it you'll paint it better than if you feel less excited about working on it.

cheers

James

Archived