Are we going to do another Ultra Meet?

waaanial00

As for nightlife I am afraid that I will be officially ruling myself out of potential drinking craziness (sorry Idaho) as I will be travelling home for the evening, though I am not above grabbing some food if there is something close.

Someone will get drunk with me if I have to kidnap one of you!

I bagsy first game against greatcrusade08! I haven't played him yet!

I was just checking out the link seeing what they do, dont know if you saw the list of events that on the 22nd they are doing the Revenge for varhquest tournament there.

Thanks for that, curse my work internet link and its inability to interpret websites properly ;) I will check with them properly and find out whats what. I may have to move the event up or down the calendar

Well my personal hatred of Apocalypse would mean that I am not keen on playing one however I dont mind being games master for the day, hey its no different to what I generally do at my clubs tournament days.

Apoc is, IMO, a horrible bolt on however people do seem to enjoy playing it. It does take a massive amount of time though, so if you want to play one with more than 2 players a side it will take you almost an entire day to achieve and certain rules need to be laid down for the sake of smooth running.

We ran an event with, memory is a bit rusty, approx 6-7 players aside each with about 3000 points of toys. Needless to say that between 12pm and 10pm I believe we managed to get 3 or 4 turns done in that time. We have since learned our lesson and next years event will have strict time limits on each phase and some rules/options will be removed in order to allow the game to flow better.

Once I have a date confirmed and people interested we can see if people want to play Apoc. I will be games master if you decide to play and I will communicate rules before the event. However it will be a group decision, I dont fancy lugging more toys than I need for a 1750 army. Doubly I wouldnt fancy leaving almost my entire range of minis out for the world to see in a place I hadnt been to before, with people I potentially dont know very well (not doubting anyone I have met personally just others who may linger at tables with deep pockets).

If anyone is interested in playing an Apocalypse game and can make the Hampshire area then PM me and I will see you get an invite to my next clubs event.

Thanks for that, curse my work internet link and its inability to interpret websites properly ;) I will check with them properly and find out whats what. I may have to move the event up or down the calendar

One week earlier or later and I'm afraid I'll need to bail. The week before is WHFB Throne of Skulls and the week after is my birthday and is already claimed by the wife (who dreamed she was living in the 41st millenium the other night and got to meet Sanguinius. Always about the pretty boys with her. ^_^ )

.. is already claimed by the wife (who dreamed she was living in the 41st millenium the other night and got to meet Sanguinius. Always about the pretty boys with her. :lol: )

Wow dont let the fluff nuts get near this statement, they will argue that he was dead before the 32nd millennium and that because her dream is not endorced by GW her dream cannot retcon the cannon!

No worries mate, if the move has to happen I dont know if a simple one week shunt is going to be sufficient as my "holder of the dates" has not spoken on the matter yet :lol:

Someone will get drunk with me if I have to kidnap one of you!

I bagsy first game against greatcrusade08! I haven't played him yet!

definately up for both.. point one assuming we can get a decent hotel close to the venue and drinking hall :lol:

Ok guys and gals,

We are in. I had a natter with the owners wife, nothing dodgy but the owner was playing a game at the time and she was booking, the outcome is that we fine B&C people have 6 tables booked on a preliminary basis for the 22nd and 23rd January.

Tables arent massively expensive £4 per day so if we reduce the tables to 5 then I will cover it initially and ask for a small contribution from any and all who attend, I doubt I will get all the money back but to be honest if I get to play some games against a variety of people I wont care very much.

So whose in?

At present I have as semi agreed the following

<See first post for complete attendees>

Thats the usual suspects minus a few. Who else is in the area and wants to come down and have a few games?

I do want to come, what is the B&B scene like where this event is taking place? Also I don't mind at all paying £4 for the day, not expensive at all, especially compared to GW events ^_^

Edit- According to the National Express Westbury does not exist :) What is the distance do you know from Warminster to Westbury? Thanks.

if you think about it its only £2 a day each as a table has two people playing on it B)

12 people only need 6 tables.. hence £2 each.

@Wan ive advertised this on the ultras forum, as westbury is close to Ctan and Kernmist.. if the table numbers need increasing ill send you some cash

I do want to come, what is the B&B scene like where this event is taking place? Also I don't mind at all paying £4 for the day, not expensive at all, especially compared to GW events B)

Edit- According to the National Express Westbury does not exist :P What is the distance do you know from Warminster to Westbury? Thanks.

Yo 101,

Click me

It is just north of Warminster 9 miles to be exact. Get the train to the central station and it will likely only take you 15 minutes. EDIT: Make that 8 minutes :) Clickme

I will add your name to the list.

All are welcome, well all who dont Ultra Bash that is.

@ GC - dont worry about the pennies, unless something truly horrible happens between now and then I will have it all covered. Invite away, its nice to see people :)

@Wan ive advertised this on the ultras forum, as westbury is close to Ctan and Kernmist.. if the table numbers need increasing ill send you some cash

Sadly life is never that simple, there is a tournament on that weekend and they are only able to rent us out 6 or the 9 times they have left over. Its going to be 6 games happening at the same time max Im afraid. It wasnt a matter of cost, I know people would be good for it.

Archived