Sons of Malice, 'Batko Blacks' 7th Company - a WIP project

GooseDaMoose

HOLY :lol:! Goose... I gotta hand it to you man, you are awesome! That flamer marine is my favorite model you've done, so creepy, and yes that shank makes it perfect for the crazy flamethrower dude everyone stands away from. Expect me to use that design now :D Also Batko is looking bad ass. The skin cloak is just awesome. Really liking the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" trophies ;)

So sadly I've been very sick the past couple of days (on my birthday no less) and have been pretty unable to do any real work which is a shame cuz I was really looking forward to undercoating Batko and getting started on painting him. I do have a question though, does anyone know of a good way to give his armour more detail when painting him? I'm not sure if I wanna do some patterns or markings scratched into his warplate but I want to make it look special. Any suggestions? Pictures would be really helpful! :lol:

@-Max- Thank you man, I really look forward to getting some paint on him, I think he's my most detailed plastic figure so far!

@Natanael I see what you mean, I was hoping a bit of paint would cover that up but nothing gets by you eh? Haha, good spot though, thanks for the comment!

@Mr. Malevolent Thank you my friend I'm glad you like them, it's really inspirational to get such positive feedback, I'm starting to wish I didn't have to move away from all this cuz I'm really starting to have a good time learning to sculpt and paint with you guys' feedback ;)

I am very grateful to everyone who has stopped by and had a look and even commented to help me improve, you've been great help this past year!

Goose, the Bakto MkII is fantastically done. Especially the flayed skin cloak. That'll look awesome when painted like the creepy flamer guy. The weathering on that guy is amazing. Love how you painted the white and red for that guy.

Grenade totin guys look neat too. :lol:

@Natanael I see what you mean, I was hoping a bit of paint would cover that up but nothing gets by you eh? Haha, good spot though, thanks for the comment!

Well, I do try my best to find some fault in your work :lol: Nah, but I thought of it when you first posted him without paint, but figured you'd do something about it. Still, it is a great model and not a very big thing to correct, so dont bother :D

- Nat

nice work goosey!

it's always fun to see your Sons of Malice grow :tu:

i like your new guys and batko mkII really rocks!

the iron warrior warsmith looks nice too, but his head doesn't look right to me, if you're aiming for a skull mask, i'd recommend the skull helmet from the berzerker sprue or a trophy skull cut in half and used as mask for an unhelmed head.

@Mr. Malevolent Thank you my friend I'm glad you like them, it's really inspirational to get such positive feedback, I'm starting to wish I didn't have to move away from all this cuz I'm really starting to have a good time learning to sculpt and paint with you guys' feedback :)

First, you are always welcome my friend, always! Second, your "moving away" from the hobby? You can PM if you dont wish to discuss in public.

@Mr. Malevolent Thank you my friend I'm glad you like them, it's really inspirational to get such positive feedback, I'm starting to wish I didn't have to move away from all this cuz I'm really starting to have a good time learning to sculpt and paint with you guys' feedback ;)

I am very grateful to everyone who has stopped by and had a look and even commented to help me improve, you've been great help this past year!

WOW!!!!!!!!!! This sounds seriously depressing Brother!!!!!! you sound like you are about to give up on us all???

PM me and shed some light Brother. You started something very big here in the forums, and it is more than disturbing to hear such melancholy.

CHEER UP, for there is a Legion of your followers here and admirers of your work!

Now, that the horrible attempt at pep talk has ended, Batko is looking more wicked than ever, although, I love the Tatoo...

and send me a pick of the GS work for the flamer.... he reminds me of some wicked flamer dude, from a video game with a wicked flamer dude on the cover!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I always feel bad bumping up my thread with nothing to show for it, but I just felt I should explain a bit. Me moving away from the hobby is really nothing dramatic at all, I'm sorry if I made it sound like a heart-wrenching story of sorrow and deceit but it's nothing like that ;)

It's just that at the end of the summer I'm moving to Amsterdam to start university. So I'll be leaving my hobby stuff behind. I might bring some greenstuff and try and get a little better with sculpting and all that. We shall see though. But once again, thank you all for your comments, they really mean a lot to me :D the pep talk definitely worked :huh:

@Shortsonfire79 Thank you, thank you I really look forward to painting him!

@Natanael Well my man, I need people like you :lol: thanks for the help man.

@Wicced I'm not really going for a skull mask but I might consider it actually, now you mention it, thanks for the suggestion!

Leaving the hobby stuff? Why, oh why? :P They have GW shops in amsterdam, you know.

Anyway - hope you have a great time there, and good luck with the studies. Hope you fare better then I did with the university studies =)

- Nat

And now it becomes all clear!!!! Goose, you had every one thinking you were dying or donating your kidney or something...

and the truth is, you are about to go and have the best time of your life!!!!!!!!!!! you are quite the PR tactician!!!! Going to have to hire you, when you get back!

There is a GW store in Amsterdam, I concur that. Although the managers have this weird look to them and accent. :ph34r:

But something tells me you'll just start a new army over there... just a gut feeling ;)

And now it becomes all clear!!!! Goose, you had every one thinking you were dying or donating your kidney or something...

and the truth is, you are about to go and have the best time of your life!!!!!!!!!!! you are quite the PR tactician!!!! Going to have to hire you, when you get back!

There is a GW store in Amsterdam, I concur that. Although the managers have this weird look to them and accent. :lol:

But something tells me you'll just start a new army over there... just a gut feeling ;)

at least stay in touch with your fans on B&C.... If I make it over to Europe, we are sharing a couple of beers for sure.

Good luck in school, and remember, Study Hard, Party Harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

So I'm pretty nice and settled in Amsterdam and having a really good time. People are really nice here :P But if I'm gonna be honest, I doubt I'll be working anymore on my Sons of Malice, or any Warhammer for that matter, at least for a long time. However, I wanted to thank everyone for your love and support the past year. I was taking a gap year at the time and if I'm gonna be perfectly honest (though it seems crazy to talk about this on a forum) I wasn't having the best time. There was very little to do (I couldn't really get a job) and all of my friends had gone off to university which left me, for the most part, very lonely. When I started a blog here on B&C though, things started looking up a bit, It seems strange that a bunch of plastic toys helped me so much but being part of this community and getting feedback on my miniatures really gave me sort of a goal. Mr. Malevolent, a great hobbyist and super enthusiastic commenter, I always looked forward to reading them, 1000heathens, one of the most talented hobbyists on this site, Natanael, my Swedish friend, you showed me that not all of you are crazy ;) Brother Melice (still waiting for your visit ;) I know a cool jazz bar to have a beer at) and hushrong, my fellow Son of Malal and always good to bounce ideas off, you guys deserve special shout-outs for all the comments and feedback, I really appreciate it. But of course everyone who visited my blogs, thank you so much for looking!

So with that I say my goodbye, and thank you, B&C, you really helped me out through a tough time ;)

- Goose

It's a shame to see you go, brother, but I'm glad we all helped to get you through a rough patch in your life. Real life will, of course, always come before the hobby, but I do hope for your eventual return in better times later on down the road. Enjoy the 'Dam, have fun, and hope to see you again Goose. You will be missed. Take care of yourself, my friend.

-Mike

I'm with Dark Apostle Thirst in thinking at first that someone "Necro'd" your thread but this is definitely the saddest of news. However, I am glad that we had helped you through a hard time in your life, its amazing what something like little plastic army men can do for those who aren't having the "best" of times. Your work is and always will be a heavy influence on myself and many others. I hope that once you navigate that better road that you may return to the tabletop warfare somewhere in the not to distant future. You have been a great friend and I hope that real life treats you well. So long my friend and remember, live your life to the fullest.

-Kevin-

Goose, I was hoping for some pics...

However, I'm glad to hear that you are settled in well and are obviously having a great time. If you weren't...then I would have to wonder how that was even possible in Amsterdam. Looking forward to the day when you get back to work on your Sons but in the meantime don't forget to stop by every once in awhile. Take care and seriously stay out of trouble!

i'm kinda sad right now :o

but i'm happy you settled in well in amsterdam and even if real life always comes first, i doubt you can stay away for very long. so i just wish you good times in amsterdam and hope to see you around here soon :unsure:

Goose, as the PEOPLE OF B&C have voiced, it pains every one to see you depart from the hobby, but it seems it has served it's purpose, gave you something to vent your troubles and keep your mind of things. The community is loosing a very talented enthusiast, but hopefully not for too long. Once you settling in, and get back into a positive track, i do hope you will pick it up again. I'm counting on it.

And don't you worry, I keep my word, we will have a couple of rounds like a bunch of Space Wolves of honey mead, (I know the recipe :()

So, for now I say my farewell dear friend, and until we meet again.

Don't forget your battle brothers, and check on your threads, let us know how you are and all that jazz, even if you just troll on the threads, we are always glad to hear from you.

Best of luck my friend.

Archived