Sons of Malice, 'Batko Blacks' 7th Company - a WIP project

GooseDaMoose

I totally see where you're coming from, since tradition is central to any Chapter's existance, loyal or traitor. I was more taking a note from Ben Counter's "Daenyathos", concerning the Soul Drinker's ritual of eating the flesh of their foe's. They were extremley proud of their heritage as well, but they understood that mere mortals would view such a ritual as monsterous, and would never understand the strength and understanding gained from such actions. They were careful to keep such a tradition from mortal eyes to keep'complications' to a minimum. The Inquisitor who marked the Sons as traitor stumbled upon their rituals on accident (implying the ritual was supposed to be secret); she probably wasn't invited to the party, though she did become an unintentional party snack, lol.

Anyhow, I was thinking that despite (or because of) their friendship, both the Sons and the MM would still keep some secrets from each other that their opposite probably wouldn't understand. This would be done out of respect of each others differences, and their shared belief of hatred above all. Of course, nowadays the cat's out of the bag, and the two Chapter's feel utterly betrayed by each other. The MM, because the Sons let their hatred become impure (a sin in their eyes), and spit on their oaths to the Emperor; The Sons, because the MM remain blind to the truth that those oaths are worthless due to the Imperium's ignorance, and such ignorance is unforgivable. I can imagine that the MM and Sons met shortly after excommunication, the MM hoping that it was all a lie or misunderstanding, and the Sons hoping to sway their sworn Honour-Brothers to the truth. The failure of both side's negotiations, and the resulting battle, was a sorrowful and brutal ship-to-ship action, boarding pods and assault boats tearing into capital ships, sworn allies suddenly ripping each other's throats out. Both Chapter's leaders saw such a battle would quickly result in mutual annihilation, and slowly dragged their half-crippled fleets out of the swirling melee and pulled back. The final communication with the once-brothers was between Lord Commander Vincen and Anarch Kathal. No words were exchanged as the two leaders stared at their opposite on the vid-screens of their burning capital ships, their eyes loaded with betrayal and loathing for each other; and the promise that next time, no mercy would be offered for each other again. The Sons turned towards the Eye, and the MM watched as they turned their backs on their friendship forever, unable to follow with their ships ruined.

What'cha think brother? Sorry for the Double Wall of Text, lol.

Hmm. I guess that makes sense. I did always see the Sons as being pretty pragmatic in matters like that so they wouldn't let their pride get in the way of good relations to allies. It doesn't really make sense to connect with your human side and then freak them out by eating their buddies :P

As for the Brother vs. Brother fight, I wish I could swear here because it is so :yes: dope! I really like the inclusion of a brother vs. brother fight, it really drives the point home of the Sons' feeling of betrayal from the Imperium. It's a deal man, I mean that sounds great with me. I hope hushrong and Mr.Malevolent are cool with it aswell. It's strange but I never actually made the connection of both Chapters having strong hatred as central to their beliefs, thanks for pointing it out! I think although their main driving force is hatred, it is also what holds them back, their hamartia, if you will :P and will eventually lead them to their tragic downfall. Going classical Greek here what what! At least with the Sons this also connects to Malal's inherent self-destructivism, and I always did like a bit of the dramatic.

And your walls of text are pretty interesting, so I think it's fair to say Keep 'em coming! ;)

Okay so, just to prove that I have not forgotten about my Sons:

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/GooseVonMoose/ZoS1014.jpg

Yes. It is time. I have acquired the Venerable Dreadnought kit and prepare myself for the most epic battle between man and tiny plastic bitz ever to have occured. I hope to live up to my vow of making a Dreadnought worthy to walk with the mighty:

Silber's Legio Abdicta Renascitvr Dreadnought and 1000heathens' Arch-Bibliosoph Aiakos, Master of the IV Crusade Librarium

I really don't know if this is gonna work.. but I'm damn well gonna try! Suggestions are welcome :D I gotta try and get the creative juices flowing; my mind is still kinda stuck on Sisters of Silence aesthetics here..

but I am in the process of re-installing an old favourite game of mine; Republic Commando :D

I recently reinstalled RC too (ok a month after you did but whatever).

Oooo a nice new Venerable Dread. The skull looks great. Now cover the wording on the right "pec" (cant think of the word) and hang some nasty trophies on it. How are you arming him?

It's a deal man, I mean that sounds great with me. I hope hushrong and Mr.Malevolent are cool with it aswell. It's strange but I never actually made the connection of both Chapters having strong hatred as central to their beliefs, thanks for pointing it out!

Oh and dude I'm totally cool with our renegade force being close kin of Marines Malevolent (before the fall) and now being bitter enemies, it adds to the already sparse fluff for both Chapters. I need to get back to working on my Sons now :D

Mr.Malevolent

Goose Amazing work man as ever!

Sorry not posted a response sooner but life gets in the way at the moment (Practically given up on the LPC as not going to get it done) anyway the Berserker looks sweet it is a really dynamic pose - what legs did you use?

The fact he looks bit like Robin makes me think there's a joke to be had in there somewhere along the lines of: A maori, Darth Maul and Robin went in to a bar........

But seriously loving the work Chaplain looks awesome :)

The Scouts look great those masks are fantastic I wish I had those Green Stuff skills :huh:

Glad to see you're working on that Dreadnought can't wait to see it complete.

Onto the fluff and I think what you and 1000heathens have cooked up sounds sweet just a quickie do you know when the Sons of Malice were declared traitors?

And finally I'm liking the torso you showed of the marine think a DIY might be the way to go although Iron Warriors may be sweet. Loving the helmet given me ideas hope you don't mind if I nick that one?

Hello gents! Thanks for the comments :D I've made some progress on my Dreadnought, thought I'd get your opinions on a couple of things.

First though!

@Natanael thanks man, I hope you like what I have so far.

@Heru Talon haha I love that game so much but it's definitely nowhere near as difficult as it used to be, course that might be that I was a lot younger ;)

@Mr.Malevolent thank you! I reckon an autocannon is the coolest ranged Dreadnought weapon so that and a powerfist. I tried to think of some cool alternative CC weapons but I really like the hand that comes with the Venerable Dread kit.

@Bolt16 Hey man long time no see :D thanks for the comment. For the Berserker I actually used Berserker legs lol fitting, no? I would love to hear an end to that joke though haha as for the Sons' Fall, I think it was shortly before the 13th Black Crusade, I don't know how shortly before; if I recall correctly the fluff just says shortly, which could be years really.. The helmet is yours for the nicking, though it's worth saying it's not my design. I got it from Master of the Forge's website. I think he's called Lamenter on B&C.

And so, we come to the pics:

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/GooseVonMoose/ZoS2003.jpg

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/GooseVonMoose/ZoS2002.jpg

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/GooseVonMoose/ZoS2020.jpg

It's not much, I know, but I've just been working on the posing at the moment. The juicy details (and oh they will be juicy) will come later. I'm in love with the elbow pattern Dreadnought as invented by Silber, whose dreadnought you can see in my previous post, and I've tried to do the same thing. I think it just makes the Autocannon look so much more menacing and heavy-duty and hardcore, than when it sticks out like a stubby arm. I'm gonna give him a ball-joint where the elbow is, though, so it doesn't look so fragile.

But what do you guys think; with the sacrophagus cover over his face or without? I'm thinking the cover is a little bit too fancy for the Sons of Malice but he looks a bit tarded without it :D C&C welcome guys! Bring it!

@Natanael thanks man, I hope you like what I have so far.

Actually, I hate your work. That is why I keep commenting on it in a positive manner ;)

The dread is awesome. I want to go out and buy one, right now, and start modding it.

- Natanael

Keep the frontal plate, brother. It really gives that "pardon me, but I'm about to punch through your front lines and leave piles of corpses behind me" look to him...faaaaar more intimidating. Great work on the AC arm, too, that turned out well so far. For some reason, though, that head just isn't doing it for me...meh, I don't know, it may just be personal taste, but he looks a bit constipated :P . Keep it up, bro, great work!!!

Edit: Just a quick thought, since the Sons pretty much fight everyone, I was thinking it would be really cool to have layers of various skulls and helms (human, xenos, and otherwise) on the plates on each side of the sarcophagus, top to bottom. Hell, you could even sneak a Malevolent helm in there somewhere... ;)

I agree with the emerging consensus Goose keep the front plate/sarcophagus! Otherwise looking good.

If you really want ending to the joke I can try but can't promise it will be funny as my sense of humour isn't the best.......where's Firepower when you need him!

Interesting idea for the A. Cannon. The symbol on that arm also reminds me of the Novamarines.

I also think the front plate is a good choice. Definitely makes seeing just the eyes of the skull head more intimidating. That is better than getting to see how he used crest toothpaste to keep all his teeth. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Natanael thank you as always for your support :)

@Terminatorinhell, Mr.Malevolent, 1000heathens, -Max-, MagicMan, Bolt16, Dark Apostle Thirst and hushrong thank you all for your comments, I am keeping the front plate! :D I look forward to the joke, and don't worry the Novamarines thing is most likely going to be removed, and so is the head, I'm trying to find a fitting replacement.

@zxyogi glad you finally found the Light! :P Nah, but thanks for commenting, I'm glad you like it!

Unfortunately guys, I don't know how much more work I'll be doing on my beloved Sons. These next couple of months I have a lot on my plate. Firstly, just about everyone one of my friends away at uni are coming back to visit so there will be a lot of meeting and greeting (read: obscene amounts of drinking and/or reminiscing) and there is of course one more, rather sad reason which I don't know if it's really proper to go announcing on the internet :P but me and my girlfriend will have to split up at the end of summer after 3 years of happy dating due to unfortunate life issues, so needless to say I'd like to spend as much time with her as possible instead of cooped up working on my little plastic soldiers aaaand I sorta have exams coming up, and various issues to deal with that invariably come with moving away to uni next fall.

Oh and also, the :D LPC VOW!!! Can you believe it?! I actually managed to finally get off my butt and finish them all, but never got round to taking a picture and post it up to prove it before the 31st. Anyway, such is the price of laziness and idleness. I guess I'll have to wear the Banner of Disgrace or Pennant of Shame or whatevs it is ^_^

Oh and also, the :cuss LPC VOW!!! Can you believe it?! I actually managed to finally get off my butt and finish them all, but never got round to taking a picture and post it up to prove it before the 31st. Anyway, such is the price of laziness and idleness. I guess I'll have to wear the Banner of Disgrace or Pennant of Shame or whatevs it is ^_^

If you got it completed before the 1st you have a 5 day grace period to post the picture, I believe.

EDIT: Never mind, I just now saw your post in the LPC thread...

hey goose,

sadly i can't see any of your pictures, including your avatar. all i see is the "photobucket bandwidth exceeded" logo :P

and i was so looking forward to seeing news of your dread :D

Yeah I know that will change, as far as I'm aware, on the 11th of April. But we shall see. There's been no progress on my Dread though. There is this:

LPC Vow completed!

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/GooseElMoose/IMGP0335.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/GooseElMoose/IMGP0335.jpg

:D

Looking very smart indeed! Haven't seen your thread in a while dude, but that Chaplain looks top notch.

Archived