Sons of Malice, 'Batko Blacks' 7th Company - a WIP project

GooseDaMoose

Hey Brother!!!!!

what is happening to the thread???

Wish for you to get cleared up with everything that is preventing you to finish this army, and as all the guys said, FANTASTIC!

The glow effect on the helms is wicked!

@Natanael, Wicced, MagicMan, hushrong and Deus de Mortalis thank you gentlemen! I wasn't sure if the eyes had quite worked, but I'm glad you guys like them!

@Mr.Malevolent haha they better be buddy! :( Can't wait.

@Brother Melice ah I'm sorry man, I'm doing the best I can, but work is sporadic. I think I will have to, sadly, just finish the models I have (including the Dreadnought) and then call it a day for the 7th Company.

Unforunately no update, but I do have this pretty picture:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/GooseElMoose/EMag002.jpg

Yay! Ain't it just White Dwarf-alicious!? They're about to bring it to dem fools da Orks.

Thanks guys! The white recipe is taken from the White Dwarf Eavy Metal piece on painting Korsarro Khan; actually quite simple:

1) Graveyard Earth basecoat

2) Mix steadily more and more Skull White to make it lighter, though because the white is such a "weak" colour, once you get past about 50/50 Skull White and Graveyard Earth I'd suggest switching to just mixing small amounts of Graveyard Earth in Skull White, cuz otherwise you need A LOT of Skull White to get a suitably light colour from your original batch of Graveyard Earth.

3) Having made sure that the final layer is clearly not pure white (it's amazing how dark a colour you can actually get away with and still call it white!) I highlight the edges of the armour with pure Skull White. If the white doesn't show up well enough, I normally thin out Scorched Brown and wash the armour with it to darken it a bit.

4) Paint small Scorched Brown chips (although I'd use Bestial Brown if I had it I think), focusing especially around the joints of the armour and elbow- and knee pads.

5) To create the trompe l'oeil, as it is called, you highlight the bottom of the chip with pure Skull White

Simple, yet it takes me ages to get off my butt and finish my Sons of Malice ;)

Great to see them boyz on the board, but i have to ask, is that a WD pic??????????????

love the eyes effect, and I am saddened indeed that you're thinking of dropping the 7thco.... but hey, its for the fun of it, it's not a job, well at least not for most of us))))))))

congrats on a great little unit

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

- Brother-Ancient Koszmar, Grudge-bearer

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/GooseElMoose/DreadKozmar002.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/GooseElMoose/DreadKozmar001.jpg

Some progress. Hope you like it, C&C welcome!

EDIT: Brother Melice, it's not a real WD pic sadly ;) maybe sometime in the future, though I doubt it, they're trying to repress us, the followers of the true God of Chaos, Malal! But don't worry if I finish this I'll still have a fine little force.

Very, very nice Goose, especially since I know what's the story behind this guy, and what colors that Termie is gonna be ;) . The bell is a nice touch too, I'm really looking forward to seeing this monster done.

P.S. If you'd like to expose the masses to our little feud story, please feel free brother.... just let me know if you need any assistance.

Thanks for all the comments gents! I love me some feedback!

@NightHunters you have quite an eye, those are indeed two shoulder pads for the bell! As for the CCW I am pretty unsure. I always thought weapons which require a bit of finesse like swords or halberds would be absolutely wasted on a Dreadnought as all it can really do is lumber and smash, how is it gonna wield a sword?! I was originally gonna go with the hand-like powerfist, but for some reason I'm kinda considering the little stumpy finger hand.. I don't know why but I really like the way it looks on him, even though I've always hated it. We'll see though.

Do you have any cool suggestions? :P

@1000heathens no need to keep it from the Great Unwashed on my account, you can post it if you want. I normally like to post a character's fluff background when I've either finished building or painting it/him so it might be a while yet..

@Natanael, Shortsonfire, Dark Apostle Thirst and Wicced I hear you guys (yes, you too Thirst) but I'm still very new to the whole Elbow Pattern Dreadnought shtick so you guys gotta have some patience with me :P I'm working on it as we speak!

@hushrong all will be revealed in time mah man :D

Thanks again guys! Really inspires me to go on!

Hot damn! That dread just oozes awesomeness. I'm still on the fence about Sons using dreads, the whole eating of the dead thing that I can't get out of my mind but this is just amazing :D

Mr.Malevolent

suddenly i think of walking refridgerators :P

Archived