New FAQ!on gw website!

aledonati

Have to take the good with the bad I suppose. Happy about somethings but sad to loose our old smoke. I enjoyed having people shoot me with melta and only get glancing hits.

2 minds about the apothocary. FNP in combat is good but I liked the fact that you were often immune to plasma as you trecked across the table.

POTMS is good and bad. Nice to be able to split fire, not nice to loose that 6 inch move :lol:

Storm shields dont effect me as I never use them.

Oh well, looking forward to getting back to civilisation so that I can actually get a game in and test out these new toys.

I just realized this means the Belial I built with Thunderhammer and Storm Shield isn't actually that bad of a build! Bonus!

I've been using Belial with TH/SS for years only because I liked the conversion I did, now it is finally going to pay off...

Unresolved:

Scoring RW Landspeeders (presumably this means they are, but it would be nice to have an FAQ)

Thunderhammer stats are still old (good for us, if memory serves)

Tactical squad entry is still inconsistent with more recent releases (may be intentional?)

Huh? Is there a discussion/reasoning for the RW land speeders scoring? Must have missed this.

Too fantastic for words!! Weapons and wargear parity at last while some costs (cyclone, typhoon) don't seem to have changed which is odd.

STOP PRESS: Our Psychic hood unlimited range seems to remain.

I need to sit down calmly and study it carefully - too giddy at present :lol:

Cheers

I

and the deathwing are back in front of the puppywing again

Having played both quite intensively I'd say they are at the same level now, some bonuses here and some bonuses there.

range over 24" was what DW needed most and now they have it in the CML. The 3++ is just an added bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Added I must say that after carefull consideration I came to the following conclusion..

OHHHH FRAK YEAH!!!!

I am SO Happy GW finally did this, so little effort, so much joy. Un-believable. Minor differences aside all marines are now on a same-ish level.

Love GW now, might be a bit late, but just think that we now have a fine codex to sit out the wait till a next one comes over. I can SO live with this very very well.

So after ruminating a bit, I've come to the conclusion that Deathwing is massively boosted by this, but Greenwing and Ravenwing are mostly unaffected. Greenwing can now combat squad coming in from reserves or a drop pod, but drop pod assault has not been added nor is the drop pod 35 points. Land Raiders are improved. Company Veterans are improved since they now have unlimited access to the 3++ storm shields. Most units are still more expensive for GW and RW. Ravenwing Typhoons now get the double-tap ML like everyone else.

Overall I'd say the biggest changes are to the Deathwing: FNP apothecary, 20-point CMLs, 3++ storm shields. From this point on, Belial will be equipping TH/SS (and still only at 130 points!) and riding with a Deathwing Command Squad featuring apothecary, banner, 5 TH/SS, and perhaps a CML.

The total cost of Belial with this unit will be 420 points. 2+/3+, 25 TH attacks on the charge, FNP, Fearless, a couple krak missiles when the mood is right.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Dark Angels' hammer unit.

http://www.findawine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/champagne.jpg

*Do the victory dance*

At last! they hear our complaints! Thanks!

As a long time supporter of the DA i just wanted to pop in and say AWESOME!!!

Congrats dudes!!!

So after ruminating a bit, I've come to the conclusion that Deathwing is massively boosted by this, but Greenwing and Ravenwing are mostly unaffected.

While it is true DW got the largest boost, Typhoon speeders for RW is a pretty large boost, the FNP apoth may make it owrth running a 6 man bike squad with banner and apoth, as an CC unit in a RW build.

For Greenwing Command squads just got more attractive as a unit choice, and techmarines got better as they can now fix vehicles they are riding in.

BTW if you want the over the top hammer throw the Interogattor chaplain in TDA in that unit :D

Archived