New FAQ!on gw website!

aledonati

While true, GW and RW are still pretty overpriced. So while some units have gotten better, those armies in general are not affected nearly to the degree that Deathwing is affected.

That said, I'm interested in what 35-point Company Veterans with storm shields will do for the Greenwing. I don't think many other armies can spam storm shields in a power armor unit like we now can with CVs. Vanguards can all take them, IIRC, but they're ridiculously overpriced. Wolf Guard can also spam them, and probably for cheaper than us, so they probably still are the best unit to spam SS in, but other than SW, I think DA CVs are the best PA unit in the game for SS spam. Also, DA CVs can take a SS and a heavy weapon, oddly enough, so that's one on the Space Puppies, IIRC.

This screwed up my triplewing build a bit (since I could no longer abuse the old smoke launcher rule), but Ravenwing Attack Squadron with the new Narthecium rule is just sweet.

The Turbo-Boosting while Scouting is still not fixed, but not a huge issue (for me, at least).

Deathwing with FNP is now jaw-droppingly good.

A small update, with a big change. Why it took them two years to do this is simply beyond my comprehension.

Am I the only one who tought:

"They must be doing this because of the Dark Angels book that's coming next month!"

Either way...

Rejoice brothers, your slavery to the god damn 4th Edition ends today!

Ran

Am I the only one who tought:

"They must be doing this because of the Dark Angels book that's coming next month!"

I think it's more like they're doing this to prepare the DAs for Codex: Grey Knights that's about to wipe out every other Chapter in the Emperium this April.

I agree with Shiver: GK are going to kick quite a bit around!

Think about it... the most iconic GK is terminator... and they reviewed mainly the DW *hint hint*

Here is GW saying "sure, you can pick up these cool new models and play them as DW! Don't worry, we've updated their main issues!"

Still, I'm a happy kid (can't be a man right now xDD)

This is pretty freaking awesome news! B)

Haha, now no-one will laugh at my Cyclone-toting Deathwing Terminator! Also, I think my Deathwing are going to get some reinforcements in the form of Storm Shield Terms in the very near future. ;)

Storm Shield now give a 3+ invulnerable save..... and the FAQ doesn't say it's restricted to CC only. I think they missed something....

Edit...... Actually the fluff above it states it can deflect Lascannons, so can't be a mistake. Heh heh.

I didn't notice if we got the better BS with the newer POTMS.

Yes we got it. The amendment replaced the old POTMS entry with the new one, which removes the reference to the old BS2.

I didn't notice if we got the better BS with the newer POTMS.

Yes we got it. The amendment replaced the old POTMS entry with the new one, which removes the reference to the old BS2.

Thanks. Had an old man moment I guess...lol.

Congratulations. DA and the BT have been waiting to long on this one.

I do wonder why the sudden change in policy though..... atleast my play group has been doing this for a while so I wont be caught with my pants down on sunday :)

The poor tournament boys will never see it coming though.

I do wonder why the sudden change in policy though.....

WFB 8th edition.

They released similar changes in the WFB FAQs to make the various army books playable in 8th edition, and then no doubt realized it was much more difficult to continue justifying their old policies for 40k FAQs.

Wound allocation doesn't matter if the models have only 1 wound. :)

*bows to you* I must get the Nob spores out of my brain.

Belial w/ TH/SS

+

TH/SS

TH/SS Apoth

TH/SS Cyclone

TH/SS Banner

LCs

2+ Armor, 3+ Inv, FnP, Wound Allocation. Yay for DA Deathstar!

Taxi'd in a Redeemer?...or Crusader?...Hmm

Probably a crusader as Dark angels dont have redeemers as an option.

Doh! Didn't we have Redeemer opened to us in the last FAQ? Oh well Crusader is in.

I too can't believe how long it took GW to release this :) . I've always allowed my mates DA to use the same wargear and points cost as C:SM for the last couple of years, why does GW have to be so anal about updating stuff... this is the 21st century after all. Get with the program GW!

As a previous poster pointed out you still have unlimited range psychic hoods :P

Well the best thing about wound allication, is basicly those 5 inv save, or 20 armor saves get broken into 5,5,5,5, or 1,1,1,1, and its harder to roll well with lot of dice then little.

also with FNP on the armor those orks going to have a field day :)

Archived